Thread: 300c

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 Trans Am

300c

This happened this past fall, but since winter seems to be hanging on with a death grip and I am bored, I may as well post it.

My aunt and one of her sons were always talking up her hemi 300C, and one of her son's was always trying to get me to race him. I kept putting it off, telling him that I didn't want to ruin his mother's opinion of her car. He got to the point that he was even willing to put money down, but I still kept refusing. Then one day he comes over to my house and tells me that he wants to race for pinks. Now, I know he's just talking trash because it's his mother's car and not his, but I tell him sure, let's do it.
    By my house there is a long stretch of highway that is pretty much deserted most of the time, and the speed limit is 70, so it makes for a good run location. Anyway, we get onto the highway, he honks three times once we are lined up and doing 55, and I floor it. By the time I hit 100, he was about a car length behind me and falling further behind, so I shut it down. I pull out my cell, call my aunt, deepen my voice a little, and leave this message on her machine:

"Mrs. *******, your son ***** challenged me to a race for pink slips and he just lost. Now he tell's me it's not his car, that it belongs to you. I expect delivery of my new car by the end of the week, or I take you and your son to court for breach of a verbal contract. You can reach me at (gave her my work number so she would not recognize it) any time of day."

I called right back and left another message right away to let her in on the joke, but man I wish I would have been there to see the look on her face when she heard the first message.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

that's pretty funny

I doubt she was every worried about losing her car to an illegal street racing verbal agreement,,, but never the less it is still funny-- I'm assuming she just took it as the light hearted joke that it was?

fun stuff

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

Hahaha. too funnny. nice looking cars but way too hefty.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

yep i love my moms 300c and they are quick for as big as they are, but no match for our cars, by the way my mom still believes she can beat my car haha

Black
    1998 Trans Am

If I wasn't in college and had money to blow, I'd like to have one of those as a daily driver.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
    that's pretty funny

I doubt she was every worried about losing her car to an illegal street racing verbal agreement,,, but never the less it is still funny-- I'm assuming she just took it as the light hearted joke that it was?

fun stuff
    Yeah, the next time I talked to her she said she got a good laugh out of it.

SSweet Home Chicago!!! BlankinSShip's Avatar

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

HAHA... Winter holding on with a Death Grip... No Shit man... I know your pain down here in Chicago...

Nice Kill... I wish I could take my car out more than like 20 minutes every other 3 weeks to stretch the legs...
    -Nick
    '01 Camaro SS M6 "The Beast"

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by BlankinSShip View Post
    HAHA... Winter holding on with a Death Grip... No Shit man... I know your pain down here in Chicago...

Nice Kill... I wish I could take my car out more than like 20 minutes every other 3 weeks to stretch the legs...
    Yeah, I just got mine back from the body shop, and she's all shiny with new paint and a new WS6 hood. Can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can take her out for a cruise.

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

good kill. me and 300 were leap frogging each other thru some traffic one day and as we came up to the lanes merging to 1 he came from behind to blast by me and i timed it where i stopped his pull when he got even with me i had all four seats full with a combined weight of 700pds and by the time we got to a 100 i had his front bumper at my door and was ever so slowly inching past him. those grey poupon cars run pretty good but i wonder how the 8 cyl caddys stack up to them?

Thread Information