Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Friends Prelude

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

^^^ the way u get that type of MPG numbers is by changing ur dash display or wherever it says ur gas mileage, etc. i took a roadtrip in my moms cobalt, and u can have it in "average mpg" which obviously tells u what ur average is the whole time uvebeen driving, or "current mpg" or something like that, which baically says how much gas ur using that second. i got the current mpg up to 52 in the cobalt, cuz i put it in neutral and went down a huuuuuuuge hill. that does not mean that i got 52mpg on that roadtrip.

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    ^^^ the way u get that type of MPG numbers is by changing ur dash display or wherever it says ur gas mileage, etc. i took a roadtrip in my moms cobalt, and u can have it in "average mpg" which obviously tells u what ur average is the whole time uvebeen driving, or "current mpg" or something like that, which baically says how much gas ur using that second. i got the current mpg up to 52 in the cobalt, cuz i put it in neutral and went down a huuuuuuuge hill. that does not mean that i got 52mpg on that roadtrip.
    No such thing in a 93 civic plus the drive is all slightly up hill from LA. I was able to get those motors to run so efficient and thats why i'm getting them for the kids..

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Quote Originally Posted by Zedicous View Post
    I'm not asking you to believe, it is a fact. The car also wasn't stock. The actual number was 62.3 and there were three to witness it also. Another good factor is i had it since new, so it was well taken care of. The car ran very efficient. I havn't driven far enough to know yet but the RSX-S does get 28mpg city driving.
    I don't care if there were 3 or a 1000 witnesses... They were all stupid, ignorant, gullible or some combination thereof if they believed you. I'm not, and you didn't get 62.3 mpg at 90mph and probably not at all.

So, I don't care that you don't care because your post is in a relatively public part of these forums, and I'm a member. Thus, I get to post a counterpoint to statements that I feel are bullshit. In your own words you didn't ask and you don't care if I believe, but regardless of your cares or questions I don't.

Have a nice day,

Chris

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Zedicous View Post
    I'm not asking you to believe, it is a fact. The car also wasn't stock. The actual number was 62.3 and there were three to witness it also. Another good factor is i had it since new, so it was well taken care of. The car ran very efficient. I havn't driven far enough to know yet but the RSX-S does get 28mpg city driving.
    Here's the problem with your numbers...they are off the wall.

No Honda Civic, not even a hybrid, gets 62.3MPG. So there is no way that it can even achieve that kind of fuel economy at 55MPH, and it sure as hell isn't happening at 90MPH. Anything over about 80MPH requires close to wide open throttle in a Civic, and with their short gear ratios, you're around 4500RPM, which really sucks down the gas regardless of engine size. And to top it all of, there were 4 people in the car?? I've heard some bullshit before, but thats ridiculous.

And not only that, but RSX-S's don't get 28MPG city. They get around 20-22MPG. My friend has an 07 Si, same engine, and thats all he gets in his, bone stock. The EPA rates the RSX-S at 23 city, there is no way you're getting 28MPG. Those numbers are optomistic on those cars, so if anything, you should be getting less than 23 anyway.

Silver+Black/Black+Silver
    1999 TA M6/03 GSXR 600

I don't get it.. I didn't read the 10 pages before, but the prelude lost the first time, second time it didn't even look the the firebird was racing... ???

Black
    2000 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ten View Post
    I don't get it.. I didn't read the 10 pages before, but the prelude lost the first time, second time it didn't even look the the firebird was racing... ???
    well that firebird ran a 12.6 something....

lol...

where is john at?

no need to read those other pages it's just John_Stout and Me arguing like burns and limecat

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Here's the problem with your numbers...they are off the wall.

No Honda Civic, not even a hybrid, gets 62.3MPG. So there is no way that it can even achieve that kind of fuel economy at 55MPH, and it sure as hell isn't happening at 90MPH. Anything over about 80MPH requires close to wide open throttle in a Civic, and with their short gear ratios, you're around 4500RPM, which really sucks down the gas regardless of engine size. And to top it all of, there were 4 people in the car?? I've heard some bullshit before, but thats ridiculous.

And not only that, but RSX-S's don't get 28MPG city. They get around 20-22MPG. My friend has an 07 Si, same engine, and thats all he gets in his, bone stock. The EPA rates the RSX-S at 23 city, there is no way you're getting 28MPG. Those numbers are optomistic on those cars, so if anything, you should be getting less than 23 anyway.

and your T/A gets 30 mpg right?

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

you have to be kidding me. argueing over gas mileage in the kills section? i should ban all of you......
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread Information