Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Friends Prelude

White and Orange
    1997 Z/28

i didnt feel like reading all 4 pages. i saw fwhp and just assumed fly wheel horse power.

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro_Junkie97 View Post
    but even being what....600 lbs lighter than an f-body, 300 fwhp is only like 250 to the ground. you'll need more than that.
    The K20 motor is a very capable motor, if the civic & RSX were the only two cars i had i'd go crazy on the RSX. But having a Z28 & C5 also, i don't want to. I just want a quick DD'er. I've seen an RSX with the K24 TSX block, useing the K24 block gives more power but then droping the compression from 11.5to1 to 9to1 for lots of boost. If i still had the dyno and pic i could show you a 893 WHP k24 car.. The shop said it should run 8 or 9sec 1/4.
    Last edited by Zedicous; 03-06-2008 at 05:23 PM.

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

i didnt feel like reading all 4 pages. i saw fwhp and just assumed fly wheel horse power.
    I wrote whp, you added the f. i assumned you meant f for front. I never think of it as flywheel but crank power instead.. My bad. but no biggie..

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

Fact is i love all cars.. My next house will have a 5 or 6 car garage with a lift, maybe two. I'd still like to add a NSX & a TSX to the collection. I also like the new to be Camaro & Challenger & the older 93 Prelude.
    Last edited by Zedicous; 03-06-2008 at 05:24 PM.

White and Orange
    1997 Z/28

im right there with you loving all cars. im just not real big into the import thing. i do have a 91 Si hatch but theres still alot for me to figure out about that whole 4 cyl. thing. and ive always thought of it as flywheel hp. i dont know why.

White and Orange
    1997 Z/28

what do you think about the Acura TL?

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Zedicous View Post
    I've always wanted to go down the the truck stop & weigh three of my cars.
    My C5 is pretty light too..
    well my dads C5 was a bit lighter... but the 345 tires on the back... the SC and a few other goodies put a few lbs on it... but it didn't even matter...

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

im right there with you loving all cars. im just not real big into the import thing. i do have a 91 Si hatch but theres still alot for me to figure out about that whole 4 cyl. thing. and ive always thought of it as flywheel hp. i dont know why.
    Well if you ever need to know anything just ask, those stock si motors arn't fast but you can make them real gas happy. I'm the original owen of my Civic, before i had the B16 put in it i had that oem motor running so well that i did a trip from my house in New Orleans to Ashville NC on one tank of gas, there were 4 people in the car plus luggage & the ac on. It averaged out to 62.3 mpg at 90mph.. A few of my friends didn't believe it but i had 3 to witness it.

White and Orange
    1997 Z/28

i have a friend thats wanting to sell me a.....F22 and a turbo for it but i just dont really wanna spend that much money on it. and i know its slow compared to my Z but its really not that bad. i can make my way through traffic just fine.

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

what do you think about the Acura TL?
    I like the TL too but prefer the TSX because of the squinty front & rear lights and the stock 4cyl that gets 30mpg. I could use a 4door, at certian times it would make things easier and it needs to move well but not be fast.

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

i have a friend thats wanting to sell me a.....F22 and a turbo for it but i just dont really wanna spend that much money on it. and i know its slow compared to my Z but its really not that bad. i can make my way through traffic just fine.
    Actually an odb0 cable trans B16 is a much easier and a cheap mod. But for a DD a d16 i find better, it moves well and with all the bolt on's gets great gas mileage & you can get the motor trans shipped for under 1k..

White and Orange
    1997 Z/28

ive been thinking about getting a loan and getting a new car and was looking at them. i like the TL's. something that gets better milage and has a warranty. ive been looking at Audi A4's and the G35 coupe too. i can get all of them with a 6 speed for around the same price.

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    well my dads C5 was a bit lighter... but the 345 tires on the back... the SC and a few other goodies put a few lbs on it... but it didn't even matter...
    From what i heard a stock C5 is supposed to be 800lbs lighter than a Z28..

White and Orange
    1997 Z/28

Actually an odb0 cable trans B16 is a much easier and a cheap mod. But for a DD a d16 i find better, it moves well and with all the bolt on's gets great gas mileage & you can get the motor trans shipped for under 1k..
    it already has an exhaust on it which actually doesnt sound half bad. its got a deep tone to it. but i really dont wanna have to spend to much money on it.

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

ive been thinking about getting a loan and getting a new car and was looking at them. i like the TL's. something that gets better milage and has a warranty. ive been looking at Audi A4's and the G35 coupe too. i can get all of them with a 6 speed for around the same price.
    Funny you said G35, when i killed my DD civic i wanted another good DD. i started with the 350z but then noticed it was a 2 seater, so then i went to look at the G35 but didn't want one because it got the same mpg as the C5. So then i went to look at the civic si but couldn't stand the dash and the fact there are ten million of them in my town, so i settled on the 06 RSX Type-S, it only had 17k miles and at 20k i could pay it off and not have a note. Since i've bought it i've only seen two and they were tan & blue, mine is black and i only seen them that once. Part of my problem is that i get attached to my cars and don't want to part with them.

White and Orange
    1997 Z/28

so you like the RSX? my girl friends aunt had an....04 Type S. she let me drive it and i was suprized. it seemed to have good power. and being a 6 speed, the gears seem to be real close. drove really good.

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

From what i've been told, over here Walker Acura will do performance mods & warranty them if they do it too.. Here is a quote from czelaya a clubrsx user.

"From personal experiences at both dealerships I have come to this conclusion. BMW dealership are more uniformed about positive cliental experience and warranty work where as, Acura dealership it's simply just hit and miss. Walker Acura here in New Orleans not only gives excellent service, charge fair labor times, give loaner cars, and understand by giving all of the above ur more likely to come back to them even thou they are not cheap. Service manager even told me as long as they do the installation from a CIA to a supercharger they will honer the warranty. For example, they only charged 150.00 to install my Mugen Sport Suspension and 250.00 for my Brembo Big Brake Kit. I've heard hellish stories where some dealerships charge 700.00 just to install a A-spec suspension! Sorry, to hear this. Maybe going to another dealership it would of been a whole different story."

White and Orange
    1997 Z/28

From what i've been told, over here Walker Acura will do performance mods & warranty them if they do it too.. Here is a quote from czelaya a clubrsx user.

"From personal experiences at both dealerships I have come to this conclusion. BMW dealership are more uniformed about positive cliental experience and warranty work where as, Acura dealership it's simply just hit and miss. Walker Acura here in New Orleans not only gives excellent service, charge fair labor times, give loaner cars, and understand by giving all of the above ur more likely to come back to them even thou they are not cheap. Service manager even told me as long as they do the installation from a CIA to a supercharger they will honer the warranty. For example, they only charged 150.00 to install my Mugen Sport Suspension and 250.00 for my Brembo Big Brake Kit. I've heard hellish stories where some dealerships charge 700.00 just to install a A-spec suspension! Sorry, to hear this. Maybe going to another dealership it would of been a whole different story."
    sounds like a place down here that was gonna charge my friend $800 tp put a clutch in his saturn.

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

so you like the RSX? my girl friends aunt had an....04 Type S. she let me drive it and i was suprized. it seemed to have good power. and being a 6 speed, the gears seem to be real close. drove really good.
    I sure do, the K20Z1 & K20A2 motors are very worthy. If i could u/l pic i'd show you. I need to get my domestic done but here you can check the imports out. I still never finished the civic page, you can kindda see the Z28 next to the civic.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2921444
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2921273

White and Orange
    1997 Z/28

what do you think about turboing an RSX?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information