Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

my wheels look better than yours.... but who gives a shit!

Black, Black&Yellow
    04 Lightning, 06 GIX 750

Quote Originally Posted by DrivingFastFlyingLow View Post
    I've only raced a camaro once. I knew the guy and we launched around 45 mph, we both downshifted one too many...hit rev limiters, next gear and I was gone. He had an LT1 with a moderate cam and tune, nothing much.

Ive met a few riders around here that had ran several bike down the quarter. Stock 600's run around 13's. Launch and shift control learning curve just adds time. Just like your ls1's, a few bolt-ons and suspension setup can shave time.

R6 with stock gearing tops out around 155 on the gun. Speedo errors are worse at speed. Going 150 actual can read as much as 160. 170 is impossible with a stock r6.
    What kind of 600's are you riding??? 13's???? I'm talking about a crotch rocket not a cruiser. My buddies old OLD Honda F-freakin-3 ran a mid 11 @ 120 and he is not an aggressive rider at all. He takes it real easy down the track. In the 1/8 mile I usually run 6.7-6.8's @ 109-111mph. In the 1/4 high 9's @ 139-141mph.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7 View Post
    my wheels look better than yours.... but who gives a shit!
    haha mine are 18 lbs a piece and i disagree but opinions are like assholes ...sry about your jealousy

99 Hugger Z28, 03 R6

Quote Originally Posted by woodymaro View Post
    What kind of 600's are you riding??? 13's???? I'm talking about a crotch rocket not a cruiser. My buddies old OLD Honda F-freakin-3 ran a mid 11 @ 120 and he is not an aggressive rider at all. He takes it real easy down the track. In the 1/8 mile I usually run 6.7-6.8's @ 109-111mph. In the 1/4 high 9's @ 139-141mph.
    03 yamaha R6

I've never been on a drag strip, road course but not the strip. If you read the rest of my post you would have seen that OTHER riders told me thats what they ran.

Pewter
    2000 Z28

I've only raced a camaro once. I knew the guy and we launched around 45 mph, we both downshifted one too many...hit rev limiters, next gear and I was gone. He had an LT1 with a moderate cam and tune, nothing much.

Ive met a few riders around here that had ran several bike down the quarter. Stock 600's run around 13's. Launch and shift control learning curve just adds time. Just like your ls1's, a few bolt-ons and suspension setup can shave time.

R6 with stock gearing tops out around 155 on the gun. Speedo errors are worse at speed. Going 150 actual can read as much as 160. 170 is impossible with a stock r6.
    Is that the spec on yer 03? His is an 07, that might be the difference. Like I said, I have no clue when it comes to bikes. Just a thought though.
    FOR SALE 2000 Z28 M6
    It's pretty much Raw Awesome

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    haha mine are 18 lbs a piece and i disagree but opinions are like assholes ...sry about your jealousy
    you sound like the typical VETTE owner with the big head... to me jealousy doesn't exist on my end... I've never been jealous of anyone. sometimes people are jealous of me but I never have to say it, others say it for me. Stupidity on the other hand is strong on your end my friend I've never even met ONE SS owner who's been jealous of a Z anyways. (no offense Z owners) Now give me one good reason I would be jealous of some hypethetical motherfucker with hypethetical shit that has MAYBE... maybe 50more flywheel hp than me in another fucking state? I really don't give a shit GROW UP BITCH! and I'm not kidding I'm done arguing with your old ass over the internet, I gots shit to do... PEACE

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7 View Post
    you sound like the typical VETTE owner with the big head... to me jealousy doesn't exist on my end... I've never been jealous of anyone. sometimes people are jealous of me but I never have to say it, others say it for me. Stupidity on the other hand is strong on your end my friend I've never even met ONE SS owner who's been jealous of a Z anyways. (no offense Z owners) Now give me one good reason I would be jealous of some hypethetical motherfucker with hypethetical shit that has MAYBE... maybe 50more flywheel hp than me in another fucking state? I really don't give a shit GROW UP BITCH! and I'm not kidding I'm done arguing with your old ass over the internet, I gots shit to do... PEACE

i havnt called u any names or been vulger in any way...aparently u cant have a discussion with somone that has a different opinion than yourself...your right i have lots of growing up to do..ill work on that...as for your statement of ss vs z28 the only differences are the exhaust, hood, rear spoiler, ss badges, and suspension.....my suspension is koni shocks, strano springs, umi adj phr..after doing sams sway bars in a few mths my suspension will be MUCH better than a stock ss's ..my car is no where near a stock z28..only in appearance as i like it that way ...8 or 10 yrs ago i likely would of spent money on looks like a cowl hood or somthing...dosnt interest me anymore ...as for your 50 horse statment i never take any shots at anyone on here about what kinda hp they put down......i just enjoy the hell out of my car ..got a fantastic deal on a babied lpe 383 and if u wanna mock me for that thats your problem ...loooking forward to installing 1 7/8ths AR long tubes...expecting 430-440 rwhp then

Black, Black&Yellow
    04 Lightning, 06 GIX 750

03 yamaha R6

I've never been on a drag strip, road course but not the strip. If you read the rest of my post you would have seen that OTHER riders told me thats what they ran.
    In the 1/4 your bike should easily be in the low 11's if not high 10's. I think you could walk your bike down the track faster than a 13!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    i havnt called u any names or been vulger in any way...aparently u cant have a discussion with somone that has a different opinion than yourself...your right i have lots of growing up to do..ill work on that...as for your statement of ss vs z28 the only differences are the exhaust, hood, rear spoiler, ss badges, and suspension.....my suspension is koni shocks, strano springs, umi adj phr..after doing sams sway bars in a few mths my suspension will be MUCH better than a stock ss's ..my car is no where near a stock z28..only in appearance as i like it that way ...8 or 10 yrs ago i likely would of spent money on looks like a cowl hood or somthing...dosnt interest me anymore ...as for your 50 horse statment i never take any shots at anyone on here about what kinda hp they put down......i just enjoy the hell out of my car ..got a fantastic deal on a babied lpe 383 and if u wanna mock me for that thats your problem ...loooking forward to installing 1 7/8ths AR long tubes...expecting 430-440 rwhp then
    Tony you're right,,,,I think anyone can read through this entire post and see that you have not been out of line at all. Quite honestly I can't really figure out why Mr. 7camaro has resorted to childish name calling and severe attitude. No offense Mr. Camaro,,,,but I think you are really showing your age here. I can't for the life of me figure out how or why you have gotten so offensive. Are you having a bad week?

99 Hugger Z28, 03 R6

Quote Originally Posted by woodymaro View Post
    In the 1/4 your bike should easily be in the low 11's if not high 10's. I think you could walk your bike down the track faster than a 13!!!

Okay I was wrong. I'm a member on a local sportbike forum and this is what they said.

An R6 should run mid 11's with a good rider. you'll prolly start somewhere in 13, then work yourself down to the 11's.

Black, Black&Yellow
    04 Lightning, 06 GIX 750

It's all good man

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Downshifting at 35 in my M6 makes the synchronizer very unhappy. Can't imagine doing in above 40 but whatever makes trips your trigger.

Thread Information