Black
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Raced an SRT10 Truck the other night

So I was driving around aimlessly the other night and spotted this red SRT10 1 car ehead of me in the next lan in a rotary. I wasn't originally planning on doing anything about him til he jumped on it once the light went green. I managed to get behind him on rt 4 and started playin with him. He would punch it and the IU would and catch up to him. He di this 3 ro 4 times. By then I was thinking I hope this asshole gets on the highway(495). So about a half mile later he pulls onto 495. He punches it at the end of the on ramp to go around some guy and I punch it and go over into the fast lane and dont let him in. He then pulls the typical "fly-by" doing about 120 and I quickly catch up to him. I get right up next to him and theres a car in front opf him and he is in the middle lane, me in the fast lane. He gets over into the slow lane and takes off, so I take off and after a few seconds have about a car or 2 on him, this was from about a 90 mph roll. He then catches up to me and goes to go around me again, this time from about 75. This time I am able to drop it into 3rd instead of 4th and I take off on him. I'd say by about 110 I had maybe 2 or 3 cars on him, and I was only pulling away from him harder. Needless to say we go 1 more time and then he ends up cutting me off to get off the exit I was getting off of. H the proceeds to peel out after the stop sign at the end and up to a light we come. He is taking a right and I am taking a left, but as I passed him I rolled down my window to give him the thumbs up. He looks over and the looks away like some fucking puppy with his tail between his legs. Nothing pisses me off more when driving when someone cant even acknowledge a good race. Ahh well take one for Pontiac i guess.

Sorry for the rant but I just thought it was amusing.

-Scott

AND yes I am aware it could have been a Daytona, but my friends said they saw the truck later on that night and said it WAS an SRT10.

Black
    1998 Camaro SS Vert M6

Nice kill. What are your mods? What did you mean when you said he was in the next lane in a rotary

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Good kill man, it had to be an srt-10 cause they have the power to hang with you, you would kill a daytona bad, especially from those speeds.

redls1bird
    a rotary is an evil device used by some local governments to increase road rage and accidents on their highways to increase spending by taxpayers to clean up after all of this.....

instead of having an intersection, you put a circle with multiple onramps and exits, you merge on, go around until you hit your exit and then hop off. give me a 4 way stop any day of the week.

Black
    1998 Camaro SS Vert M6

Oh I get it, like a turn circle or a round-a-bout.

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS6

a rotary is an evil device used by some local governments to increase road rage and accidents on their highways to increase spending by taxpayers to clean up after all of this.....

It is like a round about, but this one is about 1/4 mile around, is like 5 lanes wide, every lane goes a different direction, theres about 53 thousand different lights in it, wrong signs, and you need to cut about 14 people off at one time to change a lane.

As per the other question. I have not modded my car at all. I recently had to replace a broken pushrod and replace the head gasket while i was in there and the car seems to run a lot smoother than it did before I even got it.

But ya, it wasnt like I destroyed the thing. But if we kept going I would have just kept pulling on him. They are some fast trucks tho.

-Scott

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

An SRT10? I thought they were well over 500hp? Just a RAM w/ a supercharger that's dropped...I dunno, what kinda numbers does one put down at the track?

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS6

505 HP i believe, but they weigh 5000lbs. That would give it the same power to weight ratio as an LS1 f-body, and im pretty sure those trucks are meant for low end not taking off from a 80mph roll.

-Scott

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething
    An SRT10? I thought they were well over 500hp? Just a RAM w/ a supercharger that's dropped...I dunno, what kinda numbers does one put down at the track?
    na, the SRT-10 has the viper engine in it (8.3L V10), its a little less potent, but those trucks have still have 500 HP 525TQ, they have 4.56 gear ratios too, pretty crazy trucks
    98' SS Convertible Camaro-76k-Build # 1471, Cragar SS rims, RK SFC's, MAC Panhard, LSX Tune, Shaner S3,
    SLP:short thro,Strut tower brace,fan switch
    MTI Power induction kit,40 Series muffler,Pacesetter LT's + ORY,12 CD changer,3800lbs
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/787506/1

Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss
    na, the SRT-10 has the viper engine in it (8.3L V10), its a little less potent, but those trucks have still have 500 HP 525TQ, they have 4.56 gear ratios too, pretty crazy trucks
    Correct - Much faster than the vaunted HEMI truck. You would never have needed 3rd gear to take one of those out. All that power in a truck is pretty cool, but the power to weight is why you gave him such a good run.

Great Kill!
    Hammer - hammertime.us
    2001 Light Pewter Metallic Camaro SS, 6 speed
    K&N, SLP Lid, SLP y-pipe, GMMG cat-back, Lou's Short Stick - more to come!

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

I've seen 2 single cab srt-10's in the last week...I thought they only made'em in quad cab....guess not. What are the single cab ones runnin?

Thread Information