Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

was thinking about getting a TDI Jetta.

well, I am making money these days, and I realized that I could afford to have a 2nd car. My SS averages 14 mpg, and so I was considering getting a turbo diesel Jetta. They're not available in CA yet, but I thought I'd go to the VW dealer and check out other Jettas to see how I liked them. took one for a test drive and oh man was that bitch slow! They're well made cars, and they drive fine, but I felt like a puss driving it. I drove my Camaro home and realized that I would rather put money into my SS and enjoy driving it. The idea was that I would park the SS in the garage and keep it nice while bumping around town in the TDI Jetta, but I dunno. I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna be getting another car. I'm considering a supercharger instead.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Yeah, wait until you need to buy parts for it! They are very expensive!

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

oh god pleaaaaaaase dont buy a vw, you will regret it everytime you have to take it to the dealer for more maintenance and repairs,

well, here is what i did, i bought my self a little truck to get around in, bought it for 2500 bucks, nice clean ranger, a/c and about 20 mpg average, looks decent and saves miles on my camaro, plus parts and bikes fit real nice in the back

Black
    99 SS

why does the SS only get 14mpg??????

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner View Post
    why does the SS only get 14mpg??????
    +1 whats your mods?

I've been looking into an old s10 4wd. I'd love to have a little truck. I'm tired of ppl bashing their doors into my car at the carpool parking lot.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by bluefields88 View Post
    well, I am making money these days, and I realized that I could afford to have a 2nd car. My SS averages 14 mpg, and so I was considering getting a turbo diesel Jetta. They're not available in CA yet, but I thought I'd go to the VW dealer and check out other Jettas to see how I liked them. took one for a test drive and oh man was that bitch slow! They're well made cars, and they drive fine, but I felt like a puss driving it. I drove my Camaro home and realized that I would rather put money into my SS and enjoy driving it. The idea was that I would park the SS in the garage and keep it nice while bumping around town in the TDI Jetta, but I dunno. I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna be getting another car. I'm considering a supercharger instead.
    They are not well made cars, just do some checking around for confirmation on that. They might look that way, but wait until something goes wrong. And things do go wrong with these VW cars a lot more often than other cars. And they are harder to fix. They do get great MPG tho!

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    They are not well made cars, just do some checking around for confirmation on that. They might look that way, but wait until something goes wrong. And things do go wrong with these VW cars a lot more often than other cars. And they are harder to fix. They do get great MPG tho!
    they can barely break 25mpg highway with the kind of driving we do here in so cal,

my ex gf, dad has one, he lived in hawaii and he said that he only got about 25mpg, maybe this is a different model, it was a bug but still should be similar,
    Last edited by camarojunky74; 02-12-2008 at 03:35 PM.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

the turbo diesels are supposed to get 45 mpg in the city and 55 mpg on the highway, that was the main reason why I was interested. My dad doesn't want me to pay him back the $6,000 I owe him on my SS, but he says that I have to if I want to do more mods to it. He wants my car pretty bad. haha. and all my mods are in my sig. I drive mostly around town in so cal, that's why my mpg are so low.
    2000 SS Camaro.- SLPsubframe connectors, SLP strut tower brace, throttlebody bypass, SLP air bellows, K&N airfilter, SLP air lid, Flowmaster exhaust, UMI LCA's, UMI SA Panhard Bar, FAST 78 mm intake, SLP 160* thermostat. 323 RWHP 330 ft lbs.

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

Quote Originally Posted by bluefields88 View Post
    the turbo diesels are supposed to get 45 mpg in the city and 55 mpg on the highway, that was the main reason why I was interested. My dad doesn't want me to pay him back the $6,000 I owe him on my SS, but he says that I have to if I want to do more mods to it. He wants my car pretty bad. haha. and all my mods are in my sig. I drive mostly around town in so cal, that's why my mpg are so low.
    Based on mods that you shoud be averaging more than 14 mpg but if you wanna supercharge the fucker that's what you might end up seeing.

Thread Information