Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

black
    2000 ss

maybe u should try to find the kind of vette in that vette vs dsm vid at least ull both have payed about same for your cars

hotstuff
    When someone who has a car with as many mods and money in it as yours, races someone else with the same power ( hennesey viper, calloway corvette, etc) THAT would be a race. If you had a STOCK 996tt and you beat a c5 z06 i would be suprised. Your car does sound like a nice ride.

In yo' hood up to no good

1 of 122 Blk A4 WS6 Verts
    1999 T/A WS6 Vert A4

950hp/AWD compared to 405hp/RWD. I hope you won...you gotta have over $100K in mods. Gee...your wheels are $5000.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i wonder if this is how it's like when LS1's post kills on ricer boards....for the most part, you guys are givin' him kudos...but i think there is a glimer of "fuck that guy" in some of what's said? That's kinda how i feel...

Black
    99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by 996TTx50
    The 996TT is the twin turbo Porsche 911 built between 2001 and 2005. The following is a list of my mods:

Performance Mods: EVO MS GT800 turbos (Garrett GT30 compressor / K24 turbine) * Custom GIAC programming with Chipswitch (valet, 91 and 100 octane programs) * Fast Intentions custom exhaust (Tubi tips, Burns Stainless Ultra-Light Racing Mufflers, 76 mm 304 stainless steel tubing) * EVO MS short tube headers (44.5 mm primary tube, Tech Line Turbo X ceramic coating) * Bosch/Siemens 720cc high flow fuel injectors * Bosch high pressure fuel pump * Gemballa sport air intake system and air inlet distributor * GT2 intercoolers with Innovative Pro Design modified end tanks and piping * Innovative Pro Design aluminum Y-pipe * 996NA 75 mm throttle body * Innovative Pro Design aluminum intake plenum * EVO MS V-Flow intake box * Aquamist methanol/water injection system (boost actuated direct spray into the intake) * Aquamist methanol/water intercooler sprays (boost and manually actuated) * Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump (fuel pump voltage amplifier) * Porsche Motorsports 5 bar fuel pressure regulator * EVO MS fuel line upgrade kit, including stainless steel lines, modified fuel rail, and fuel filter * EVO MS silicone boost hose kit * Bailey diverter valves * Carrillo rods * IA 8740 alloy, coated head studs * IA upgraded, coated valve springs * GT3 oil pump * Shuffle pinned case * Ceramic coated piston tops * Dry lubed rods and skirts * Porsche 986 MAF * JRZ RS double adjustable racing dampers * Eibach springs * TPC front and rear sway bars (24 mm/30 mm) * TRG front and rear adjustable drop links * Cargraphic alloy strut tower bar * Brembo 14in / 380 mm Evolution brakes with cross drilled rotors * Brembo wheel carriers * Brembo stainless steel brake lines * Brembo ceramic brake pads * Porsche X50 transmission * EVO MS modified torque converter (increased stall speed) * HRE 540R wheels (11.5/8.5) * Michelin Pilot Sport Cups (315/235) * Optima Redtop battery

Non-Performance Mods: Tech-Art Type II front bumper * GT2 rear wing * Porsche sport seats * SmarTire tire pressure monitoring * AEM wideband air fuel gauge * Defi-Link boost gauge * Defi-Link Control Unit II * K40 radar detector and laser diffuser * RUF stainless steel pedals * Carbon fiber steering wheel, shift knob and parking brake * Silver Porsche crest * Paris Audio garage door opener * Chrome lug bolts * Bumper plugs (front bumper and driver's keyhole) * Rear wiper delete and plug * Clear side markers * Ash tray delete console * 35% tinted windows

996TTx50
    thats a shit load of crap, i didnt even read it all. it means its fast, lol

he should race one of those vipers from heffner's. he specializes in twin turbo setups for them. he just recently moved his business to florida but when he was still in maryland my car was dynoed at his shop. when i was there a viper on the dyno put down 1100 to the wheels and they weren't even done with it that would be a bad ass race and that has to be one bad ass car stock let alone with all the mods he has done.

moral: there is always someone out there faster than you

Black
    1998 Camaro SS Vert M6

moral: there is always someone out there faster than you [/QUOTE]

In yo' hood up to no good

1 of 122 Blk A4 WS6 Verts
    1999 T/A WS6 Vert A4

I must be the only guy here that isn't very impressed. The 996 is a very nice car. And it's great that you doubled your hp with the mods, no doubt that you are a car guy.

Put twin-turbos on the that 2002 Z06, there's a fair race. Run the Porsche in question against a Hennessy Viper or the Lingenfelter twin-turbo Z06, that's a fair race. Stock for Stock, the twin turbo 996 is nearly matched to the C5 Z06.

If a guy's car with 950hp beats a car with 405hp, it's not that impressive, it's expected.....and then to brag about it. The WS6 will put buslenths on a V6 Mustang...so should I go to the Mustang sites and brag? What's the point?

Black
    99 SS

BRING IT

this car> <your car

Black
    Porsche

Quote Originally Posted by cam02ss
    moral: there is always someone out there faster than you
    Isn't it ironic that, whenever someone posts a kill, someone else invariably points out that some other car is faster and "there is always someone out there faster than you." I am well aware of the 1200rwhp TT Vipers, as well as the dual 300 shot Novas, etc. Ive seen several 8-9 second cars racing on the street. I never stated, or even implied, that my car is the fastest car on the road. To the contrary, I merely posted a story of one particular race and, when people subsequently asked about my mods, I responded.

Nevertheless, thanks for the sage advice.

996TTx50

Black
    Porsche

Quote Originally Posted by 1 of 122
    I must be the only guy here that isn't very impressed. . . . If a guy's car with 950hp beats a car with 405hp, it's not that impressive, it's expected.....and then to brag about it. . . . What's the point?
    First, I never suggested that the outcome of the race was "impressive." To the contrary, I expressly stated that it was "expected."

Second, I never "bragged" about the outcome, but rather, merely shared a story of an unexpected street encounter.

"Whats the point" you ask? I do not get many opportunities to run my car, as very few cars will run me, and even fewer are worth running. I wish I would encounter more capable cars on the road, but it rarely happens. Thus, I run what is brung at me. When a reasonably fast car challenges me (recall that I did not challenge him) and we run, a street encounter has occurred. Nothing more, nothing less. It may not be the end all, be all, greatest street encounter ever, but is was a street encounter all the same. I shared the encounter here because this is an LS1 forum and I have been a member here since 2002 (notwithstanding my new membership status due to my prior membership being lost). Had it been a Lambo or Ferrari, I would not have posted the story here, just as I did not post this story on supraforums.com. As previously stated, I didn't "brag" about the outcome, nor suggest that it was "impressive." Rather, in a respectful tone, I merely shared a street encounter with a car that challeneged me and the "expected" outcome.

There has never been a requirement here for posting kill stories that the two cars be evenly matched and, if you read through the kill stories, many involve cars of substantially different caliber. Thus, your suggestion that my story is not worthy of sharing is without precedent or merit. Had I beat my chest about the outcome and/or denigrated the other car, you might have grounds to criticize me. However, given that I merely shared an isolated street encounter in a respectful tone, noting that the outcome was "expected," your commentary is unwarranted.

996TTx50
    Last edited by 996TTx50; 12-06-2005 at 11:07 AM.

Black
    2000 Camaro SS Convertibl

What do you expect when you post beating a Vette on a Vette site. Obviously looking for abuse!

Black
    1998 Camaro SS Vert M6

Okay, you've got your 10 posts so let's see the

Black
    Porsche

Quote Originally Posted by 00SSVERT
    What do you expect when you post beating a Vette on a Vette site. Obviously looking for abuse!
    Now I get it. I should only post stories here when I lose to a Vette. If I beat a Vette, I should keep my mouth shut and avoid ruffling feathers.

996TTx50

Black
    Porsche

Quote Originally Posted by 98LSGUN
    Okay, you've got your 10 posts so let's see the
    I'm confident that this will merely prompt more negative commentary, but given the repeated requests, here are the pics:

996TTx50

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Wow bro...that's a very nice car...many codos to you. Just ignore some of the people here...sometimes the comments some of them say are very "ricer"ish. 996TTx50 is well aware,as most people are, that there's always someone faster...especially when the car you bring up isn't yours. Phantom racing is gay.."yea you beat that civic..but this TT supra I saw would smoke you"....sound familiar huh?

It was a clean kill and well deserved IMO.

Black
    1998 Camaro SS Vert M6

Wow that is very nice, I'm partial to black cars!! Love to see a vid of this thing handing someone their ass

Black
    99 SS

that is a slick ass car man, looks good, 2 thumbs up very high to your car, i was also showing a 02 Z06 that runs the streets of Cincinnati and has about the same power as you do thats all i was doing.

Black
    1998 Camaro SS Vert M6

you are among friends here so please tell us how much $ do you have in this???

Silver
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 996TTx50
    I'm confident that this will merely prompt more negative commentary, but given the repeated requests, here are the pics:

996TTx50

Now thats a beautiful car !

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information