Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Not a kill, but a retarded cop story

Last night I had just gotten off of work (about 1130pm) and I was on my way to a party a short ways off campus. The motor for my driver's side headlight on Nymphadora is broken, so it doesn't go up. Anyway, I was driving behind my friend cause I didn't know where the party was. I drive past one of those new Dodge Charger cop cars and he of course pulls me over. He walks up to my window and here's the following conversation:

Him: "License and Registration please."

I hand him my license and registration

Him: "Sir, do you know why I pulled you over?"

Me: "No not really."

Him: "One of your headlights is out"

Me: "Oh yeah, I know, I have new ones in the trunk, I just habn't gotten the chance to put them on yet."

Him: "Sir, have you been drinking tonight?"

Me: "No."

Him: "Are you sure?"

Me: "Yes."

He goes back to his car and sits there for a good 10 minutes, supposedly running my tags and license, eventhough I know it takes about 15 seconds to do that.

He then comes back to my car.

Him: "Sir, can you please step out of the car and stand over by the curb, please."

I comply...I think I scared him a little bit...he was barely 5 feet tall and I'm just over 6 feet, I honestly don't think he was expecting that, was comical to say the least.

Him: "Sir, please walk down this line here." Indicating the line on the side of the road

I walk down the line without a problem.

Him: "Come over here, please"

He proceeds to have me take a Breathalizer Test, which I pass with a whopping "0" reading...apparently 4 Pepsi's don't raise your alcohol level...

Him: "Ok, now that we've got that done, let me show you what I'm writing you a ticket for."

He walks to the front of my car and points at my headlights (which are now down).

Him: "These headlight covers are illegal."

Me: "Those aren't headlight covers, they're flip up."

My brain: "Fucking idiot...I thought he pulled me over for my headlight being out, so he had to of seen my one headlight up."

Him: "Oh ok, my mistake."

He then walks to the back of my car and points to my Tail lights.

Him: "The front lights might be legal, but these Tail Shades are not. They don't allow your reflectors to shine through."

Me: "Yes, they do."

Him: "No, they don't"

Me: "Shine your flashlight on them"

He shines his flash light on them and they reflect back.

My brain: "That's two retard strikes against you."

Me: "See."

Him: "I don't care, I want them off."

Me: "Ok."

I proceed to take them off and put them in my trunk.

Me: "Anything else?"

Him: "No, but if I really wanted to be a jerk to you, I could write you a ticket for your exhaust."

Me: "Why?"

Him: "Because it's aftermarket and it's too loud, and anything aftermarket is illegal."

Me: "So what? If you're going to write me a ticket for my exhaust being aftermarket and too loud then you should come to my neighborhood and write tickets for every ricer that blasts up my street with their coffee can exhaust. And even if it is too loud, it's completly legal."

Him: "Why do you think that?"

Me: "Because it passed Maryland State Emissions 5 days ago."

Him: "..."

My brain: "Strike three, retard."

Me: "Can I go now?"

Him: "I guess so, where are you headed anyway?"

Me: "To a friend's house for a party."

Him: "Are you going to drink?"

Me: "No, cause I'm not 21 yet, but I guess you already knew that."

Him: "Ok, I'm going to write you a warning for your headlight being out, but in the future I won't be so nice."

Me: "Thanks, have a good night."

My brain: "Thanks for keeping me here and making me 30 minutes late."

I then get in my car, start it up (give it a nice 5k rpm rev) and drive off. My friends had waited for me up the road (thankfully) and we went to the party as planned.

I think that's a record...getting a Field Sobriety Test on the way to a party.

So, today I replaced the motor for my driver's side headlight and put my Tail Shades back on (mostly out of spite).
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 M6: 427ci LS3, Built T56, Moser 9" w/ 4.11 Gearing, Full Suspension, and 6-point Cage.
    2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP: Twincharged w/ a T67 Turbocharger
    2007 Chevrolet 3500 Dually Duramax: 3" Downpipe, Dual 4" Exhaust, EFILive Tuning

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

I guess I should feel lucky that he didn't write me a ticket for my Front License plate not being on (Bird is much better looking) or for my new tinting (which I had just gotten put on 12 hours earlier).

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

cops can be real dicks, IL state cop gave me a warning for 39 in a 30, and a warning for windshield tint bien to long, even tho he messured the outside of the windshield instead of the inside where the tint starts is a legal 6 in. He dmade me rev my exhaust up and roll my windows up to check them for tint. Shitty thing was he didnt radar me because my radar detector didnt even go off.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Once me a friend were hauling ass down 31 and we didnt see the cop with his radar thing and he was sitting inside so I guess he couldnt shoot it from inside the car or something becasue he was leaning way out the window. As he clocks one of us I was thinking oh shit here we go, then as he tries to put the rest of his body into the car and chase us down he hits his head on the top of the door drops he radar gun, almost falls out of the car, so we keep on going and i look in the rear mirror and i see him getting out to get his gun and then we were going around a curve and didnt see him again hehe.

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

I just got a $180 ticket for no front plate and window tint so at least you didnt get a huge fine ! And I was just in my damn dd lol.......

rapter34
    I've gotten a feild sobrity test on the way to a party before. He pulled me over for not having a front licence plate. he then stated asking me if my exhaust was stock and way do you need this much power. blah blah blah. he gave me a warning. Personally I think he just wanted to check out my ride.

NBM
    98 trans am

strike 3 yourrr out! what an idiot..

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

I messed with some cops the other day, i was coming home down a 5 lane road, 2 each direction, and a turn lane. were out between 2 towns, speed limit 55, coming up on a 70. Im following the car in front of me and my radar gives me a 1, its a Cobra XRS 9430, ive picked up radars at over 2 miles, so 1's dont mean much. i top the hill and it clicks to a 2, it goes to 5, so i start looking, theres a group of cars coming, no cop, i look at my speedo, 67, and im about 80 yards from the 70 zone. then i see the lights, it was a fucking unmarked jeep.

i assume hes getting me, so i get in the right hand lane, look in my rear view, i see the traffic is packed for like, 1/4 mile behind me, and no ones letting him turn, and no traffic in front of me, so i got back on it and never saw him again.

I get into my home town, we have a LOT of dickhead cops, i kept thinking, you can outrun a cop, but you cant outrun a radio. I'm almost home, and pass a trooper, he checks up and gets in the turn lane, no lights though, but he had to have been pulling a U-turn, there was nothing to turn into right there. But again, cars behind, none in front, so i do the same damn thing, and make it home.

So how the hell do i elude two cops in a 10 mile stretch, one on the highway, one in town, in my damn 6-banger. The cops around here may be dickheads but they cant drive for shit. Through this whole thing i dont think i got more than 5 over, and in town the limit is 35, lol.

But they never actually got behind me, so i cant honestly say i evaded, but it def appeared that way. The next night the guy behind me got pulled over, scared the shit out of me when i saw the red and blues coming.

let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

i got pulled over a few days ago. the cop pulled me over and said i was doing 64 in a 45. well, when he said i was supposedly doing 64 i had my cruise control set at 50 so i wouldn't get pulled over. my radar detector did not go off so i when i was sitting in my car waiting on him to come talk to me I was like wtf. the i remembered that i was just passed by 3 cars doing way more than me. he came up to me and asked to see my license registration.... and then when he came back he asked me if my car was stock. i replied and said it passes emissions without a single snag. he asked again and i said if you thought my car was stock would you have pulled me over? he didn't respond. then he asked why i was going so fast. i responded that i wasn't. he told me that he had me on radar. i responded well my radar detector didn't pick up anything and my cruise control does not go 14 over what i set it at. he we back to his car then came back and gave me a warning citation and put on it "due care" he told me next time he wouldn't be so easy on me.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Been there done that...
    my 88 blazer is registered as PK on the title because SUV wasnt defined in 88...
    been pulled over multiple times because of that...
    and apparently if you have a slim jim from oreillys it automatically means your breaking into cars and stealing them... when you have about 500 dollars worth of tools in the back with it...
    They can say what they want and do what they want but if you know the law and make a case youll always be home free...
    I still love the rev up in an offduty truck then flash your badge..gotta be my fav...
    We have a few jeeps, dodges and ford pickups that are unmarked here... by the time i pass them its too late and its headlights off haul ass home time

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Back during the fall i was leaving a friends house to go on a beer run with a friend of mine. We get to the top of the street and he realized he left his wallet so we turn around to go get it. About the time i finish turning around a cop pulls up behind me and turns his lights on. He gets out and comes over shining his light on us (tops were off) and asks us what we were trying to do. I say just turning around to go get my buddies wallet and he replies no you werent you were trying to evade the DWI checkpoint. im like how is that possible i dont even see one and he responds its up the road. So he takes my license to run it and im sitting there thinking fucking idiot how can i evade what i cant see. So he comes back tells me to get out and proceeds to ask me how much ive had to drink and i reply 1 beer and says that he doesnt believe me and proceeds to give me a breathalizer test. I finish and he just sits there staring at it like he cant believe i just passed. So he gets on his high horse and starts giving us a speech about drinking and driving and then lets us go. Well before he walked away my buddie asks how can we avoid the checkpoint later tonight and that cop without even thinking turns around and tells us exactly how to. Didnt think he was telling us the truth so we took that way back from the store and there was not a single cop on those roads. I can just imagine how pissed he was when he realized what he did.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by raynor139 View Post
    Back during the fall i was leaving a friends house to go on a beer run with a friend of mine. We get to the top of the street and he realized he left his wallet so we turn around to go get it. About the time i finish turning around a cop pulls up behind me and turns his lights on. He gets out and comes over shining his light on us (tops were off) and asks us what we were trying to do. I say just turning around to go get my buddies wallet and he replies no you werent you were trying to evade the DWI checkpoint. im like how is that possible i dont even see one and he responds its up the road. So he takes my license to run it and im sitting there thinking fucking idiot how can i evade what i cant see. So he comes back tells me to get out and proceeds to ask me how much ive had to drink and i reply 1 beer and says that he doesnt believe me and proceeds to give me a breathalizer test. I finish and he just sits there staring at it like he cant believe i just passed. So he gets on his high horse and starts giving us a speech about drinking and driving and then lets us go. Well before he walked away my buddie asks how can we avoid the checkpoint later tonight and that cop without even thinking turns around and tells us exactly how to. Didnt think he was telling us the truth so we took that way back from the store and there was not a single cop on those roads. I can just imagine how pissed he was when he realized what he did.
    Lol, no one ever said you have to be intelligent to be a police officer. Just a dick.

Collector Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am CE

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    Last night I had just gotten off of work (about 1130pm) and I was on my way to a party a short ways off campus. The motor for my driver's side headlight on Nymphadora is broken, so it doesn't go up. Anyway, I was driving behind my friend cause I didn't know where the party was. I drive past one of those new Dodge Charger cop cars and he of course pulls me over. He walks up to my window and here's the following conversation:

Him: "License and Registration please."

I hand him my license and registration

Him: "Sir, do you know why I pulled you over?"

Me: "No not really."

Him: "One of your headlights is out"

Me: "Oh yeah, I know, I have new ones in the trunk, I just habn't gotten the chance to put them on yet."

Him: "Sir, have you been drinking tonight?"

Me: "No."

Him: "Are you sure?"

Me: "Yes."

He goes back to his car and sits there for a good 10 minutes, supposedly running my tags and license, eventhough I know it takes about 15 seconds to do that.

He then comes back to my car.

Him: "Sir, can you please step out of the car and stand over by the curb, please."

I comply...I think I scared him a little bit...he was barely 5 feet tall and I'm just over 6 feet, I honestly don't think he was expecting that, was comical to say the least.

Him: "Sir, please walk down this line here." Indicating the line on the side of the road

I walk down the line without a problem.

Him: "Come over here, please"

He proceeds to have me take a Breathalizer Test, which I pass with a whopping "0" reading...apparently 4 Pepsi's don't raise your alcohol level...

Him: "Ok, now that we've got that done, let me show you what I'm writing you a ticket for."

He walks to the front of my car and points at my headlights (which are now down).

Him: "These headlight covers are illegal."

Me: "Those aren't headlight covers, they're flip up."

My brain: "Fucking idiot...I thought he pulled me over for my headlight being out, so he had to of seen my one headlight up."

Him: "Oh ok, my mistake."

He then walks to the back of my car and points to my Tail lights.

Him: "The front lights might be legal, but these Tail Shades are not. They don't allow your reflectors to shine through."

Me: "Yes, they do."

Him: "No, they don't"

Me: "Shine your flashlight on them"

He shines his flash light on them and they reflect back.

My brain: "That's two retard strikes against you."

Me: "See."

Him: "I don't care, I want them off."

Me: "Ok."

I proceed to take them off and put them in my trunk.

Me: "Anything else?"

Him: "No, but if I really wanted to be a jerk to you, I could write you a ticket for your exhaust."

Me: "Why?"

Him: "Because it's aftermarket and it's too loud, and anything aftermarket is illegal."

Me: "So what? If you're going to write me a ticket for my exhaust being aftermarket and too loud then you should come to my neighborhood and write tickets for every ricer that blasts up my street with their coffee can exhaust. And even if it is too loud, it's completly legal."

Him: "Why do you think that?"

Me: "Because it passed Maryland State Emissions 5 days ago."

Him: "..."

My brain: "Strike three, retard."

Me: "Can I go now?"

Him: "I guess so, where are you headed anyway?"

Me: "To a friend's house for a party."

Him: "Are you going to drink?"

Me: "No, cause I'm not 21 yet, but I guess you already knew that."

Him: "Ok, I'm going to write you a warning for your headlight being out, but in the future I won't be so nice."

Me: "Thanks, have a good night."

My brain: "Thanks for keeping me here and making me 30 minutes late."

I then get in my car, start it up (give it a nice 5k rpm rev) and drive off. My friends had waited for me up the road (thankfully) and we went to the party as planned.

I think that's a record...getting a Field Sobriety Test on the way to a party.

So, today I replaced the motor for my driver's side headlight and put my Tail Shades back on (mostly out of spite).
    Everything you said in your brain I would have said to the cops.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Once i had a cop tell me my in-dash touch screen was illegal no matter what regardless if it was playing a dvd or not so i got the NC drivers manuel out and showed him exactly where it said as long as no movie was playing it was legal. He shut up and left me alone pretty fast after i showed him that. Though i really wanted to say see dumbass not all you cops know everything.

Red
    2000 Trans Am

damn you just got a warning for the light.. every time i had a light blow the damn cops gave me fix it tickets.... pissin me off haha

Silvermist
    01 GP GTP

I had a cop try to accuse me and my gf of smoke weed, and kept trying to talk us into saying we did.... had me do tests and patted me down, then had me sit back in the car, came back about 5 min later and said they had another call they had to respond to....... dick

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Big talkers around, I see. j/k

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by jad628 View Post
    Big talkers around, I see. j/k
    nope just tired of all the bad cops who make you good ones look bad

Collector Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am CE

I'd like to go on record as stating the same as above post. And I won't hesitate to talk back. The badge he's wearing doesn't make him more of a man than I.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by SS/CETA View Post
    I'd like to go on record as stating the same as above post. And I won't hesitate to talk back. The badge he's wearing doesn't make him more of a man than I.
    Fine, but make SURE you are right to do so. I'll be the first to admit that "mouth" will change a warning into something more. If you are right, I'd accept that I made a mistake and move on; but if you are wrong and mouth off, I would probably let you have everything I could give you.

Case in point: I did stop a guy once for speeding (this was in the late 80's), for doing 59 in a 35. But I was wrong, it was 45 in that area. He was insistent that the speed limit was 45, and he convinced me to check. I did and he was right. I did NOT write him a ticket, and let him go.

But if he had mouthed off about it, he was still doing 59 in a 45. I rarely stopped anyone for less than 15 over (schools were the exception), but had he given me a lot of mouth, I would have written him for the 45 zone.

Moral of the story is, try being nice first. No trying to preach to ya'll, just some friendly advice. The original story here sounds like the cop needs to look for another line of work, admittedly.
    Last edited by jad628; 02-13-2008 at 03:36 AM.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information