Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    10's N/A

Yeah that Viper would be a good race for him. I just watched an '07 SRT-10 Roadster go 11.5 last wednesday. That's crazy for a stock convertible!

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    i guess technically you can make the case that the MaCh1 is more "peaky", since it has a much sharper rise and fall in TQ while the 99/01 is relatively flat in comparison, but it does make more TQ throughout the rev range except for 6000+rpm
    Maybe I wasn't clear...the N/A 4V in the Mach 1 is LESS PEAKY than the N/A 4V in the 99/01 Cobra.

However, the N/A 4V in the Mach is somewhat more peaky than the blown 4V 4.6 in the 03/04 Cobra - which should be expected, given the characteristics of the positive displacement blower, and the fact that you have to spin a N/A 4.6 pretty high to get good power.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

My friends brother has an 03 Termy with a pulley, intake, and true duals. He wanted to race and I kept telling him he'd just beat my ass, but he had something to prove, so we raced...from a dig. He spun like crazy off the line (and so did I) I caught in 2nd, hit 3rd, and he walks by me a few seconds before I get 4th. Beat me by about 2 cars, but what can I say, I knew it was coming... My mods are Volant CAI, Magnaflow catback, free mods, and ws6store short shifter.

On another note, if BLKCLOUD's termi ran a 12.6 in the 1/4 bone stock an ls1 bone stock shouldn't come close...My buddy's Ws6 (with Catback only) ran 13.2's all night....that's 7/10 of a second difference...

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

In fairness, you really can't compare cars driven at different times on different tracks and with different drivers. To get a better idea of the difference, an "average" or best-ever type of comparison should be used. Getting an average is tough. However, best-ever is a bit easier. For example:

- The quickest bone stock LS1 I've ever heard of was the 12.89 @ 108 that GMHTP ran several years ago.
    - The quickest bone stock Termi I know of went 12.4 @ 114 (private owner and friend of mine) .

That would show ~4-5 tenths and ~5-6 mph difference, stock to stock, which I think would hold up pretty well as a good yardstick of the difference.

doesn'tplaywellwithothers superchargedblackgto's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

Here are my .02 worth, my buddy has a modded 04 cobra, smaller pulley, Dr's, shifter, headers, exaust, ported s/c, bigger intercooler, and I'm sure more I cant think of.....anyway, he beat me by a 1 1/2 cars 3 times up to 130ish, he would get the jump and I never caught back up....Now, I was running 8psi of boost, street tires, and most of the mods in my sig....even now with meth kit and 2 more psi of boost, I think it will be a close race, I think I will win but close, and him still on slicks and me on street....there is my .o2 worth..Oh and BTW origional poster, a termy will rape an ls1 stock for stock......its just a FACT!!
    Brad
    '04 gto M6 slp ceramic coated headers,B&m sport shifter,harrop cover,3.5"aluminum BMR driveshaft, BMR axle stubs, BMR Half shafts, BMR SFC's, loudmouth2 exaust,90mm FAST T/B,Magancharger(high helix upgrade)......other misc. suspension,Cross drilled, slotted rotors. Meth Kit, spraying @ 3psi and up

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    My friends brother has an 03 Termy with a pulley, intake, and true duals. He wanted to race and I kept telling him he'd just beat my ass, but he had something to prove, so we raced...from a dig. He spun like crazy off the line (and so did I) I caught in 2nd, hit 3rd, and he walks by me a few seconds before I get 4th. Beat me by about 2 cars, but what can I say, I knew it was coming... My mods are Volant CAI, Magnaflow catback, free mods, and ws6store short shifter.

On another note, if BLKCLOUD's termi ran a 12.6 in the 1/4 bone stock an ls1 bone stock shouldn't come close...My buddy's Ws6 (with Catback only) ran 13.2's all night....that's 7/10 of a second difference...
    All mustangs have real dual exhaust, its not a performance upgrade like it is for our cars

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Either he doesnt know how to drive or something is wrong with his car. With those mods, hes prolly making a solid 100hp more than you. He should have had u by more than just 2 cars.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    Either he doesnt know how to drive or something is wrong with his car. With those mods, hes prolly making a solid 100hp more than you. He should have had u by more than just 2 cars.
    About the duals, he had them re-run with 3.5" tubing from the stock manifolds (why, IDK) with an off road h-pipe and shitty Flowmasters. That's why I said he had duals. I should have said "upgraded true duals."

And he bought the car with the CAI and pulley with 25,xxx miles on it about a month before we raced, so you're right, he probably wasn't used to the car yet.

10's N/A

About the duals, he had them re-run with 3.5" tubing from the stock manifolds (why, IDK) with an off road h-pipe and shitty Flowmasters. That's why I said he had duals. I should have said "upgraded true duals."

And he bought the car with the CAI and pulley with 25,xxx miles on it about a month before we raced, so you're right, he probably wasn't used to the car yet.
    Why in the world would he go with 3.5" pipes from the stock manifolds? N/A Cobra's do not benefit from very large diameter piping. Instead, it will decrease torque significantly.
    486/438
    10.68/127 N/A

ASH GOLD
    1968 CHEVELLE SS 396

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    My 89 Honda Civic Si bone stock can take any cobra ...
    This is getting good !

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Why in the world would he go with 3.5" pipes from the stock manifolds? N/A Cobra's do not benefit from very large diameter piping. Instead, it will decrease torque significantly.
    No clue in hell. Just responding to Rajiv1998's comment. His car is not N/A though, it's supercharged.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    I'd assume you'd lose to considering your close to stock. Get some mods and then you can quit assuming.
    exactly my point, i think i'm almost full bolt on and i can beat a stock ls1 considerably well. BUT you got the idea i was trying to make about losing to a termy. i need heads and cam

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

No clue in hell. Just responding to Rajiv1998's comment. His car is not N/A though, it's supercharged.
    i know its not your car and its your homie's but 3.5" is way overkill. stock is 2 1/4" with most upgrading to 2.5". They don't even step up to 3" until 600+rwhp.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    exactly my point, i think i'm almost full bolt on and i can beat a stock ls1 considerably well. BUT you got the idea i was trying to make about losing to a termy. i need heads and cam
    heads and cam, and you'll be nice.

ASH GOLD
    1968 CHEVELLE SS 396

What does that cost and on average what Hp do you get out of the most common combination ,just would like to know?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

a good set up heads and cam prolly 430rwph and up depending on bolt ons and tune

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    i know its not your car and its your homie's but 3.5" is way overkill. stock is 2 1/4" with most upgrading to 2.5". They don't even step up to 3" until 600+rwhp.
    He's not my "homie" lol, but I used to work near where my buddy lived, and that's his brother's car. They're rich, and I mean RICH; I haven't seen them in a while but with the way he (the guy who is not my homie) spends his money, I'm sure that car is a monster by now.

For one
    Looking

To be fair, he might have a point... In the 1/8th, the cobra MIGHT be about dead even with an LS1. However in the 1/4 we're talking bus lengths. Most times its because the launch is harder to get right in the Cobra on stock tires. Slap some DR's on the cobra, and it might be fair to the 60' mark. LS1's just don't have the top end(ie top speed) that the Cobras have(at least not stock). I've even seen enough cobra owners who lose even in the 1/4 because they blow the tires off it on their launch and have to play catch up. But that is more a driver mod than the car losing.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    a good set up heads and cam prolly 430rwph and up depending on bolt ons and tune
    439rwhp is decent, but i've seen better on stock short block LS1's. My LT1 made 457rwhp on motor, but that's with an 11:1 357 (.040") and big heads of course. 603rwhp on the 150-shot.

Red
    1997 Monte Carlo Z-34

Stock right?

2005 to 2008 Mustang GT= 5.1 seconds 0-60 time
    WS6 Ram Air Trans Am= 5.2 seconds 0-60 time

The mustang does it on either transmission. The F-body can only do it's 5.2 seconds on a manual.

Am I right or am I right?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information