Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Navy Blue
    1999 Camaro SS M6

Subaru STI Race.

Alright, I have a 1999 SS, and this is a guy whom I work with and friends with, and ever since I got my car he has been hounding me to run my car against his. My car is all stock except for Headers, Exhaust, and a cut-out. He has a lot of stuff done to his, don't know what but, it's a lot quicker than a stock STI. So anyway we were hanging out at a local racing meet, and he says "Come on man, lets run tonight!" So I finally broke down, and said alright lets go. So anyway we went out to where we were racing, and I told him I defiantly wouldn't do from a dig since he is All-wheel drive. So I told him I would do 40-punch. So anyway we got in it, and the first race he took me by a half a car because I missed 3rd. But the second race was more on my side I took him by a car. He wanted to run again, and again I took him. So still pissed off he wanted to run again, so then again I made it even worse that time, i pulled him by about a car in a half. It was defiantly I good race, I went in totally thinking he was going to own me everytime, but I actually won. Maybe I should of bet him?

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Nice kill.

STI's don't have shit for top end. They are only 230WHP stock, so they are a joke from anything other than a dig.

SILVER
    2000 Z/28

Nice!

Navy Blue
    1999 Camaro SS M6

and he was trying to say that he wasn't boosting at 40 in 2nd, when you could hear him boosting, he was trying to make excuses, cause of all that shit he talked before we raced.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

you should have went from different mph rolls if he was bitching that wouldve shut him up fast, good kill

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Nice runs--

I like the STI and EVO but I agree the LS1 has the edge stock vs stock (but just an edge)--

It isn't all about HP numbers- It is about how you get the power to the ground. The AWD systems in these cars do a great job of putting that power to to the ground. That is why the bust out sub 5 second 0-60s all day long.
    From a roll, the LS1 has the advantage, from a Dig not so much--

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Good kill! Sounds like you need a pro 5.0 shifter for you don't miss that 3rd gear.

Blue
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am M6

I 2nd that pro 5.0. Good kill man. I know a guy that I work with that has the regular wrx and he talks a lot of smack. So we went out near I-95 and went from a 35-40 roll and I waisted him. I'm not stock and neither is he, but he still talks smack. I was pulling atleast 2 cars on him.

None

Good kill, can't stand those sti's.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

from a dig a Ls1 would need radials or slicks, then it would have a shot from a dig assuming the rear didnt blow

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

Good kill, STIs hold the road like crazy and would be a nice car but they are way over priced for what they are glad you shut him up !!!

SSweet Home Chicago!!! BlankinSShip's Avatar

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Nice Kill!!!

I was in a similar situation not too long ago... I dont hear much about the STI anymore... HAHA
    -Nick
    '01 Camaro SS M6 "The Beast"

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
    Nice runs--

I like the STI and EVO but I agree the LS1 has the edge stock vs stock (but just an edge)--

It isn't all about HP numbers- It is about how you get the power to the ground. The AWD systems in these cars do a great job of putting that power to to the ground. That is why the bust out sub 5 second 0-60s all day long.
    From a roll, the LS1 has the advantage, from a Dig not so much--
    All you'd need are drag radials or slicks on the LS1 and its not even a race.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

ok - whatever helps you sleep at night.

Navy Blue
    1999 Camaro SS M6

Well he told me today, he wants to run from a dig since he "Did my race." now he wants his I guess. But I actually have a pair of E/T Streets at the house, just got to take them up to work and change them out, but I think thats a lot of shit to do to run him once.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Killer View Post
    Well he told me today, he wants to run from a dig since he "Did my race." now he wants his I guess. But I actually have a pair of E/T Streets at the house, just got to take them up to work and change them out, but I think thats a lot of shit to do to run him once.
    I think it would be worth it, to whip his ass at "his race"

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
    ok - whatever helps you sleep at night.
    Not my fault that you are ignorant and only look at magazine numbers

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Killer View Post
    if you hook on those et streets, you'll be in front by the end of 2nd i'd bet!!

i have a buddy who just bought a stock 04 sexually transmitted infection and he wants some of my car sooo bad! i cant wait till he gets it up here cuz i will destroy that thing
    2002 Z28 M6, Suncoast Creations ram air, port/polish TB w/ bypass and bumpstop, heater hose mod, stainless steel long tubes, ORY w/ dual cutouts, Magnaflow, BMR SFC, UMI Torque Arm, LS7 clutch w/ drill mod, Pro 5.0 w/ Lous short stick, MSD wires, 4.10s, good maintenancehttp://www.fquick.com/blue02z

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    if you hook on those et streets, you'll be in front by the end of 2nd i'd bet!!

i have a buddy who just bought a stock 04 sexually transmitted infection and he wants some of my car sooo bad! i cant wait till he gets it up here cuz i will destroy that thing

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Not my fault that you are ignorant and only look at magazine numbers

A. I haven't picked up a Car mag in years
    B. I have seen the numbers though-- they pretty much match what I have witnessed on the track and my buddies cars.
    C. We get it-- you think they are all crap-- we know.. Yawn, it is old.

Lets move on-- Personally, I think Wesman should be banned from any thread about any car that has less than 8 cylinders, because you have the same rubber stamp response for every single post. IT is old, and unrealistic. I have seen Evos and STIs beat LS1 many of times, and I have seen it the other way around.

I never once said they were superior, I am just not so shallow or arrogant to believe that my car is completely superior in every aspect. Because it just
    isn't true.

What's next-- I could say that the EVO/ STI is better in the snow, and you would probably argue that. Comical.

Thread Information