Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

TBA
    67' rs/ss

I'm trying to imply that stock for stock the LS1 can't hang around a track with either car. But let make it even, lets see what'll happen if you mod an LS1 with suspension and an Evo or Sti with a gt35 w/meth and lets put them around a wet track .

Apparently you didn't know that rally cars can handle dirt and street and is not limited to basically a straight line.
    Last edited by Daz-E; 02-13-2008 at 07:18 PM.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Daz-E View Post
    I'm trying to imply that stock for stock the LS1 can't hang around a track with either car. But let make it even, lets see what'll happen if you mod an LS1 with suspension and an Evo or Sti with a gt35 w/meth and lets put them around a wet track .

Apparently you didn't know that rally cars can handle dirt and street and is not limited to basically a straight line.
    Right...

Doing a few suspension upgrades to the LS1 will allow it to run with an STI or Evo on the track and kill it in the straights.

Where does the GT35R come in?? Who said anything about turning the Evo or STI into a turbo-lagging, unreliable, undriveable vehicle?? Because thats all the GT35 does. Not to mention the broken drivetrain components and blown up motors.

If you want to play the mod game, how about a H/C Supercharged LS1?? What now?? You could argue all say about gay 4 cylinders with turbos, in the end the LSX will always make more power, sound better, and be more driveable and reliable. Can't argue with physics.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

LMAO-- these posts always make me laugh.

TBA
    67' rs/ss

Quote Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
    LMAO-- these posts always make me laugh.

Word ! ^^^^^

I was just simply saying that since you want to mod an LS1 why not make it even for the Evo an STi ! There's plent of STI's and Evo's w/gt35's that are plenty reliable.

Even with suspension mods it couldn't hang(especially the Evo)! Maybe in the straights it might catch up some ! But not if they had gt35's or similar turbo's .

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post

Nobody cares what you personally think, so it doesn't matter. If you love imports so much go somewhere else. It isn't that difficult of a concept, this isn't an import site.
    Love imports?-- I don't "love" any car. My life doesn't revolve around my car, and I feel sad for anyone who's life does.

I understand this isn't an import site, It is also not a Cobra Website- but people discuss that car quiet frequently.

Dude, you are so hateful, and so unpleasant to most everyone on this site that you disagree with.

Why don't you read every STI / EVO thread, and see what the popular opinion is of these cars.

You will find that an overwhelming majority of the people say the same thing, and respect the car for its performance. You will also find yourself on those posts, immediately using the words "garbage; trash, rice, etc.."

I personally don't like Gold Trans Ams-- but every time I see you post, I don't trash your car, and call it Mr Ts long lost ride, I don't say it looks like Flavor Flavs teeth. I don't say it looks like it belongs on a 80s model caprice, with twenty two inch 100 spoke daytons with spinner center cabs rollin' on hydros, bumping some old Master P in the trunk.

If I say anything, I would say it isn't my cup of tea.

Just because I don't like it, doesn't mean it can't be respected. After all it is still a nice car, no matter what color it is.

So the STI/ EVO,, well you might not like them.. But they still perform well especially 0-60 which is the typical stop light race..

2009 Pontiac G8 GT
    Liquid Red

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

My T/A has a stock motor and a few suspension mods and I can pull over 1G on turns with it so they can be made to handle well. I only ran a 0-60mph run on skinny 225/55/16 winter tires so far and I pulled a 4.8 with plenty of wheel spin. Once the roads are salt free and warm I'll do a run with good summer tires to see what I pull them. It should be a few tenths better than the 4.8 run. It was all measured with a G-Tech Pro SS meter.

I'm not taking sides just stating a few fact that I have so carry on fellas.

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by 2000LS1Bird View Post
    Its pretty easy to hydroplane an F-body as well.

Thats one reason why my Trans Am is never gonna see the rain.

Hydroplaning is all on tires and what your doing when your going through deep water. Water, rubber and road surface doesn't care what kind of car your driving. An awd will hydro just as nice as a rwd car. Cornering in wet turns is a different issue not hydroplaning.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    My T/A has a stock motor and a few suspension mods and I can pull over 1G on turns with it so they can be made to handle well. I only ran a 0-60mph run on skinny 225/55/16 winter tires so far and I pulled a 4.8 with plenty of wheel spin. Once the roads are salt free and warm I'll do a run with good summer tires to see what I pull them. It should be a few tenths better than the 4.8 run. It was all measured with a G-Tech Pro SS meter.

I'm not taking sides just stating a few fact that I have so carry on fellas.

Nice times- Best I have managed thus far with a Beltronics FX2 = 5.01 0-60 mph.

I ended up selling the accellerometer, because i never really used it.
    On a side note (back in the day, I owned this same model accellerometer and my buddy managed a 4.55 in his 03 EVO 8.)

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Nice times- Best I have managed thus far with a Beltronics FX2 = 5.01 0-60 mph.

I ended up selling the accellerometer, because i never really used it.
    On a side note (back in the day, I owned this same model accellerometer and my buddy managed a 4.55 in his 03 EVO 8.)
    Thanks!

Every time I tried to get to run with the summer tires this last summer it didn't work out. Not very good roads around that are lightly traveled. I would really love to pull a 4.5 with mine. Was the EVO on stock power?

TBA
    67' rs/ss

Yes ! Hydroplaning is possible in a AWD ! I did, in my STi(sold now!) on my way to work one raining morning, the curb put a nice tattoo on my left front rim and threw off my alignment.

Your Trans Am is Hot !

I am a car enthusiast ! Not just one car or type of car but many ! As much as like cars and all, in the end its just a car, basic transportation in most cases. JRC1122 has a point and I'd like to add, a car is not going to love you back if you say it does then you have issues !

Black
    2002 camaro z-28

hehe i like the way u said im mostly stock except for headers exhaust and a cutout...

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by Daz-E View Post
    Yes ! Hydroplaning is possible in a AWD ! I did, in my STi(sold now!) on my way to work one raining morning, the curb put a nice tattoo on my left front rim and threw off my alignment.

Your Trans Am is Hot !

I am a car enthusiast ! Not just one car or type of car but many ! As much as like cars and all, in the end its just a car, basic transportation in most cases. JRC1122 has a point and I'd like to add, a car is not going to love you back if you say it does then you have issues !
    Thanks!

Same here, I'm also an enthusiast. There's many imports and other cars that I like and would love to drive for awhile. Every car has its strong points and weaknesses. I can find something to like for just about any performance car.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

HAHA I love this thread!!! Its the pick on WESASS thread!!

Does anyone live near this guy or ever personally talked with him?

He seems lonely You need to get laid man!!

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Pewter
    2000 Z28

Right...

Doing a few suspension upgrades to the LS1 will allow it to run with an STI or Evo on the track and kill it in the straights.

Let me ask you this, stock for stock, no mods, no difference from factory, will you beat an o4 cobra with your LS1? I know I wont. However the STi's I sell have and continue to do so. That is fact. I dont have the exact numbers on me, but Ill get them when I stop in work today.(the issue of Hot Rod's in my desk) Also, if your saying a suspension modded LS1 car can hang with an STi in handling, find a video of that. It wouldnt happen without at least 5 grand in suspension mods, and even then I doubt it. Have you ever rode or, drove an STi? If not you should.
    I love my 99 z28, but I still respect what an STi is capable of. We lack the AWD to hang with these things. We lack the driver controlled center differential, and the front limited slip. Again, this is just a matter of a car that was originally built to run full bore in rally racing. Short quick bursts of speed, followed by an awe inspiring amount of handling Oh, and if we can mod suspension, it would seem only fair that the STi could. They can be upgraded too.
    Last edited by mrr23; 02-16-2008 at 04:13 AM.
    FOR SALE 2000 Z28 M6
    It's pretty much Raw Awesome

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

[QUOTE=buswwa;1312773]
    Right...

Let me ask you this, stock for stock, no mods, no difference from factory, will you beat an o4 cobra with your LS1? I know I wont. However the STi's I sell have and continue to do so. That is fact. I dont have the exact numbers on me, but Ill get them when I stop in work today.(the issue of Hot Rod's in my desk) Also, if your saying a suspension modded LS1 car can hang with an STi in handling, find a video of that. It wouldnt happen without at least 5 grand in suspension mods, and even then I doubt it. Have you ever rode or, drove an STi? If not you should.
    I love my 99 z28, but I still respect what an STi is capable of. We lack the AWD to hang with these things. We lack the driver controlled center differential, and the front limited slip. Again, this is just a matter of a car that was originally built to run full bore in rally racing. Short quick bursts of speed, followed by an awe inspiring amount of handling Oh, and if we can mod suspension, it would seem only fair that the STi could. They can be upgraded too.

5 grand in suspension what the hell would you add for 5 grand...i have plans for a fully built suspension and its only going to be 2-3.5k

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by buswwa View Post
    PLEASE don't bring in the 03/04 Cobra. I just want to see the discussion sticking to STI vs LS1 fbody.

so, which is faster around a road course stock vs. stock? I dont care which will "hang in the twisties" better and which will "pull on the straights." I want to know which one is faster around the track, because a track will have both those elements.
    Last edited by mrr23; 02-16-2008 at 04:20 AM.

TBA
    67' rs/ss

Word !^^^^

Pewter
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    PLEASE don't bring in the 03/04 Cobra. I just want to see the discussion sticking to STI vs LS1 fbody.

Well, heres the correlation, an LS1 cannot beat an 04 cobra stock for stock. Also I dont have any magazines that pit it against the LS1 cars. Prolly too much of an age difference there. The STi beat the 04 Cobra, in the 1/4 mile, 13.30 @ 109 for the Termi, 13.29 @ 100.5 (both are altitude corrected)

so, which is faster around a road course stock vs. stock? I dont care which will "hang in the twisties" better and which will "pull on the straights." I want to know which one is faster around the track, because a track will have both those elements.
    On the road course its a no brainer. but, Cobra pulled 1:22.7 seconds, and the STi pulled 1:21.0. And that was Hot Rod, Jan, 2004 issue. Ill scan it in and post the article if you want.
    Last edited by mrr23; 02-16-2008 at 04:21 AM.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

I personally don't like Gold Trans Ams-- but every time I see you post, I don't trash your car, and call it Mr Ts long lost ride, I don't say it looks like Flavor Flavs teeth. I don't say it looks like it belongs on a 80s model caprice, with twenty two inch 100 spoke daytons with spinner center cabs rollin' on hydros, bumping some old Master P in the trunk.
    I don't like you. But you don't see me calling you names due to your sexual orientation, size, or the way you look. I can think of plenty of things that would apply to a person like you, but I don't say them.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information