Semi Retired Street Racer
    2012 Lava Red Mustang GT Coupe Brembo/3.73's
    Build Date 3/17/11, Last Lava Red GT

Gone but not forgoten
    NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp
    1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

wow. 5.3 0-60 and 13.8 1/4. That's not bad. Also, I'm surprised about the 19Gallon fuel tank.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up Taking it Tooooooo

The base G8 starts at $27,595, while the GT scrapes the $30K barrier at $29,995. Not cheap, but name another V8 sedan that will run mid-13s in the quarter-mile, return 24 mpg on the highway and swallow five suitcases for $30 grand.

Man!!!! That is a very qualifying price for such performance. The G8 will take out a stock Trans Am hands down! Pontiac is taking this route based on public interest. People want Sedans, SUVs and bigger capacity passenger vehicles.

If you compared the price, the top end G8 GT is comparable in price to a new 2002 TA of back then... not bad when it can deliver better Specs. More than that, it has Cylinder management which the TA doesn't. Look at the interior and compare it to the concept 2010 Camaro......... it has it beat, despite this is more of Luxury Sport Sedan.

It is a little shameful that a Sedan can take many other sports vehicle to the finish line!!!!

Let's Vroom without the Family Passenger in the back.

Last note.... this vehicle is much more attractive in pricing and performance than the new Cadillac for half price....

Red
    2001 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaqui View Post
    Man!!!! That is a very qualifying price for such performance. The G8 will take out a stock Trans Am hands down!
    hands down? relook that one buddy

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

yea i wouldnt say 13.8 in the 1/4 would "hands down" beat a TA or camaro Ls1

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up 0-60

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    hands down? relook that one buddy
    I'm referring to the 0 - 60 and fuel consumption managements.

Red
    2001 ws6

0-60 trans am runs 5.1, highway the trans am gets 28mpg ur point just got shot to shit

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Half Wrong... half Right? hahah

Alright..... I guess I'm quoting with bad info......it's actually 5 sec. The G8 has better consumpution on highway cruise if 4 cylinders are deactivated..... just like the new Camaros.

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    0-60 trans am runs 5.1, highway the trans am gets 28mpg ur point just got shot to shit

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

Alright..... I guess I'm quoting with bad info......it's actually 5 sec. The G8 has better consumpution on highway cruise if 4 cylinders are deactivated..... just like the new Camaros.
    the g8 is 4000lbs.....im very doubtful of it beating our better aerodynamic and 600lb lighter cars in highway milage even WITH only 4 cyl runnnin.....im not putting it down though..i love what ive seen out of the car so far !!! cant wait to see them on the road

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Wink G8 Sales

Pontiac stated that it never needed to advertise the Grand Prix for it sells itself. I hope this G8 will also sell itself...... but if you look at it, for the price of the G8, you could go for one of luxury imported sedans like a Mercedez. Guess we will need to see how the sales go.

True on the Aero....... but on a roll vehicle to keep the axle spinning, reduction of 4 injectors will cut fuel consumption, there is no denying that.

Worst thing about the TA is how heavy it is.... ad some Chrome 17 rims, slotted disk, a Vented Hood, etc. I can feel the heaviness between my two TAs.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    the g8 is 4000lbs.....im very doubtful of it beating our better aerodynamic and 600lb lighter cars in highway milage even WITH only 4 cyl runnnin.....im not putting it down though..i love what ive seen out of the car so far !!! cant wait to see them on the road

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

Pontiac stated that it never needed to advertise the Grand Prix for it sells itself. I hope this G8 will also sell itself...... but if you look at it, for the price of the G8, you could go for one of luxury imported sedans like a Mercedez. Guess we will need to see how the sales go.

True on the Aero....... but on a roll vehicle to keep the axle spinning, reduction of 4 injectors will cut fuel consumption, there is no denying that.

Worst thing about the TA is how heavy it is.... ad some Chrome 17 rims, slotted disk, a Vented Hood, etc. I can feel the heaviness between my two TAs.
    merc does NOT sell anything anywhere near this car for around 30k im sure u could find somthing with a small 6 cyl or 4 banger in german for around this price range ..strap a maggie to this thing and u have a 90k m5 fighter for under 40k ......ive also read that its tuned to run on 87 oct gas and with a tune for 93 it should be near 400 hp

Red
    2000 Camaro SS # 5,876

I read that Pontiac is bringing back the GTO after this year.... they are working on it...... I doubt it will do well though.
    why are they bringing back the GTO...

Red
    2001 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by 2000SuperSportMaro View Post
    because there dumb

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs down Poor Manufacturing.....

Quote Originally Posted by 2000SuperSportMaro View Post

Pontiac is in on the competition.... the GTO is coming back based on another Holden Australia vehicle model of course. Pontiac is getting sloppy at manufacturing and inconsistency.

I guess that is a sign a company is not doing well.

Red
    1999 Pontiac GTP

Pontiac is in on the competition.... the GTO is coming back based on another Holden Australia vehicle model of course. Pontiac is getting sloppy at manufacturing and inconsistency.

I guess that is a sign a company is not doing well.

GM was too cheap to ground up design the GTO just like the G8 they popped Pontiac trim on a Holden. The G8 looks a bit better although it still does not look 100% American to me. The tails are odd like the GTO, they don't look like Pontiac tails. Maybe its just me but a ground up American design would have been better.

green
    98 formula

Quote Originally Posted by slowgtp View Post
    GM was too cheap to ground up design the GTO just like the G8 they popped Pontiac trim on a Holden. The G8 looks a bit better although it still does not look 100% American to me. The tails are odd like the GTO, they don't look like Pontiac tails. Maybe its just me but a ground up American design would have been better.
    I agree, even though I like the gto and the g8 GM desperately needs a few real car guys/girls in management butin reality all of the big 3 are doing terrible financially before we know it I think they will be owned by foreign buisenessmen and yes I know dodge has already done that now its back being american owned there are so many variables the only choice we have as car guys/girls is to buy the best that is made and mod it to our taste

I approve this message.

Le Mans Blue
    2004 Z16

I'll buy a low-mile used G8 in a couple of years...you heard it here first.
    2000 Z28 382/nitrous...sold and missed.
    2004 Z06 CE Z16...still looks stock.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Wink Backing up with the Retro

Quote Originally Posted by slowgtp View Post
    Dude, that's not even it if it resembles Pontiac or not..... GM did not style the Shell..... we know the GTO engine is strong... it's just the external casing that hardball the sales. The casing didn't even back up the classic one bit unlink the Challenger or the new Camaro. We cool dude?

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up Check This Out!!!!

Now this has some pizzaz!!!

Red
    1999 Pontiac GTP

Dude, that's not even it if it resembles Pontiac or not..... GM did not style the Shell..... we know the GTO engine is strong... it's just the external casing that hardball the sales. The casing didn't even back up the classic one bit unlink the Challenger or the new Camaro. We cool dude?
    Isn't that kind of what I said?? It should have been a from the scratch build the GTO and G8 have an Aussie look to them. The shell or body should have been designed here with a throw back to an American muscle car look. It wouldn't have to be an exact duplicate of the old GTO but make it look more like the original GTO than my GTP. We're on the same page I think

I do like the look of that orange GTO.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information