Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Post Get Away Stories

Folks,

I was reading Cop getaway stories from 2 years ago and thought of beginning a new post. These stories are fun!

Let me begin.........

In 1997 I owned a V6 Firebird two-tone aquaBlue/White. I lived in California and decided to head to Iowa to go after my girlfriend. Driving interstate you will pass many troopers along the way. While going through Utah pass, a trooper was parked in the center between a two lane highway. When I passed him, he was on my tail. I was not speeding though he pulled me over to ask where I was going. No problem.

When I arrived in Iowa and nearing my girlfriend's house (during the daytime), two vehicles were right in front of me up-n-down many hills. I kept up with them, all of a sudden I saw the red-blues behind me. I pulled over and was ticketed.... the others went free.

On my departure from Iowa heading back to California, along the Colorado Canyons, vehicle were darting by super fast. I had enough obeying the speed limit....... so I pushed the acceleration! As I was coming down a curve pass, guess who was sitting at the bottom? The red and blues came on....... I thought to myself: Not another Freaking Ticket on this same trip! I punched it and did 130 for miles until I was out of the Canyon onto to Nevada flat lands. I darted between vehicles to lose him. The night was dark with loud thunder ablaze. I looked to the sky and saw a helicopter on my tail. The Freaked called in a Helicopter. Since it was dark, I managed to slip the copter.

With the same vehicle in the following year, as I was on my way to see a different girlfriend, as I passed a bridge, I saw a Copper with lights turned on and entering the onramp. He spotted me speeding........ I knew he turned on his lights as a courtesy just for me. I punched and took an onramp to a different highway and then the first exit. I got away! Close call especially during the day time.

Typically, a getaway is best only at night...... but then again, the rear lights on Firebirds are a dead give away compared to other vehicles' lights. If you plan on getting away, you better make sure you do.... if not, they will fine the hell out of your ass and impound your vehicle! It's tough not to speed in a high performance sports car.

What's your Story?

Mattttttttttttttttttttttt

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

glad your ok sounds like your need to buy yourself a radar detector.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs down Watch Out!

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    glad your ok sounds like your need to buy yourself a radar detector.
    I used to have one on that vehicle.... it didn't do me any good at all. The Colorado canyon bend was a tough one.

By the way... check this out.... Highway Patrols are tricky!!!!! I sped up to a patrol, saw them, slowed down.... they took a side off ramp that merge back onto the freeway again.... I sped up because I didn't see them between the tall brushes, thinking they got off. I was speeding big time coming home from work at 11. They pulled me over and stated that they too had to punch it just to catch up with me...... I was not clocked at all........ for when I saw them up my rear, I was at speed limit. I couldn't argue my way out of that one!

I felt they had me played big time on that one. Smart huh? You pull up, slowed down behind, they took a bet that you would speed up again and go after you! hahahahah You better watch out kids!

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

state cops do dick head things. I have seen them play tag before. One cop sits on an overpass clocking people and then he radios another cop down the road telling him which car to pull over.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs down When not to Accelerate

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    state cops do dick head things. I have seen them play tag before. One cop sits on an overpass clocking people and then he radios another cop down the road telling him which car to pull over.
    Say that again man!!!! There are many Cop Bikers here in California..... I see them ride by stranded motorist on the freeway and not pull over to assist. I feel that's part of their obligation to stop.

I have also heard once it nears the end of the month....... will work on giving out citations to meet the qouta!

I have always question and ask for proof of their clocking speed when they pull me over. It has never help and have inferiorated some hahaha!

When I was coming home from work one night in my 84' Cutlass Supreme, I saw in my rear view mirror a single headlight beam. I wanted to see if I can outrun the motorcycle....... I did until the red light came up for it was a moto cop who pulled me over just right before their police station hahahaha Speak about stupid haha!

The 4th generation TAs can out accelerate many crouch rockets.

Thread Information