Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yeah, That's right CaptainCaveMan's Avatar
    Mexican killed my car

What's amazing to me is how much of the "rice" is on both sides of the fence.

Import ricer loses...."Oh yeah, well i get better gas miliage"

Domestic ricer loses....."Oh yeah, i got more potential"

A real car guy loses...."Damn, that thing just whooped my ass"

Moo cow f**k milk Demon_Speeding's Avatar

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

Black
    '98 WS6 Trans Am

Name the last 4 banger or turbo 6 that has gone 4.5 seconds @330MPH ......You lose the argument...nice try though!
    Black '98 WS6 Trans AM (A4)

Black
    '98 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by TONY
    ya there is a big differance you aint going to drive a 9 or 10 sec 4 banger back and forth to work like a v8 car

Well I guess it all comes back to what I was originally agreeing with...until CaptainCaveMan twisted it into something that he tried to start an argument about.

Maybe you guys should read my original post......slower this time:
    Quote Originally Posted by BatCar
    Good point Tony.......how much gas do you think that 4 banger burns in a mile.....like the saying goes......"there's no replacement for displacement" .....and there's no replacement for the sound of a V8 .....who wants to hear a bucket of bees....?
    ...has it sunk in yet!

2001 Ls1
    ^^^^^Buahahaha,,
    Smell that? Thats the sweet stink of desperation.

2001 Ls1
    Quote Originally Posted by BatCar

"ya there is a big differance you aint going to drive a 9 or 10 sec 4 banger back and forth to work like a v8 car"

Well I guess it all comes back to what I was originally agreeing with...until CaptainCaveMan twisted it into something that he tried to start an argument about.

Maybe you guys should read my original post......slower this time:

Quote Originally Posted by batcar
    Good point Tony.......how much gas do you think that 4 banger burns in a mile.....like the saying goes......"there's no replacement for displacement" .....and there's no replacement for the sound of a V8 .....who wants to hear a bucket of bees....?

...has it sunk in yet!

Yes, it has sunk in, your a confused individual.

Two things at work here:

#1. I understand that many people see a FWD 1900 pound honda shell running 9's at the ragged edge of reliability and think, "all 4 bangers must be like this" etc. There not.
    Heres one of my favorite cars i've seen in person, runs 9's on radials (awd), actual DAILY (yes daily) driver including canadian winters, Not stripped, fagey, or otherwise gay honda shit. Not saying its better in anyway then a v8 car, just that it is there in the first place and looks/sounds no different then a 14 second dsm.

http://www.tappauto.com/project.cfm?ProjectID=1

#2. 98% of single digit 4 bangers are going to be turbo cars. Most of them have quite decent gas mileage. Why??, because they get the gas mileage of a 4 banger when off the boost. With big turbos, you're off the boost all the time when just cruising around. So I would get better gas mileage (30 hwy) running 11.9 compared to when I was stock because the stock turbo spools up so fast.

We are in agreement on one thing. v8's sound much better.

Quote Originally Posted by batcar
    Name the last 4 banger or turbo 6 that has gone 4.5 seconds @330MPH ......You lose the argument...nice try though!
    Okay John Force, i don't know about you but me and 99.9% of the gearheads on this planet:
    -Go to dealership (private party etc)
    -Buy car
    -Make faster

Notice how I didn't include, "start profesional race team, get huge sponserships, build custom engines on the ragged edge not available to public that can last 6 seconds before teardown, put said engine in a plastic tube frame pod with elephant sized slicks that some might consider a "car", load your "car" on the trailor and head home until next week."
    This means nothing to us since we can't access that level anyway.

Heres why the funnycar example is retarted. If I were to say: "if v8's are so good, why are the fastest rally cars 2.0L 4 bangers", Everyone would say, because thats what they HAVE TO BE numbnuts, its in the rulebooks.

So If you tell me the whole "funny cars are v8's, they run 4.5 seconds, why don't they use 4 and 6's etc" spiel I'm gonna say the same damn thing. THEY HAVE TO BE NUMBNUTS, its in the rulebooks.

Your example proves nothing, why don't we all just use v-12's. Hell if bigger is better they should just make a funny car w/ 32 cylinders and a turbo for each one.

Quote Originally Posted by SECTION 13 - FUNNY CAR
    ENGINE
    Any internal-combustion, reciprocating, 90-degree V-8, automotive-type engine permitted. Single camshaft only; multi and/or overhead cam configuration prohibited. Maximum 500-cid, minimum 490-cid; maximum bore center spacing 4.900-inches; maximum two valves per cylinder. Dry Sump oil system permitted. Dry sump system must have tank mounted inside frame rails. Turbocharger prohibited. Engine must be equipped with an SFI Spec 7.1 lower engine ballistic/ restraint device. A positive method (flange, lip, etc.) must be attached to the intake manifold to block gasket(s), in the event engine crankcase/valley become over pressurized. The flang/lip must extend past the surface of the gasket and be contoured to closely fit the block and manifold surfaces to prevent the gasket from extruding.
    Let me guess, Your also probaly one of those guys who say "If turbos are so good, why do top fuel/funnycars/etc use superchargers.

Heres a shovel, Keep digging

Black
    '98 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 2001 Ls1
    Yes, it has sunk in, your a confused individual.

Two things at work here:

#1. I understand that many people see a FWD 1900 pound honda shell running 9's at the ragged edge of reliability and think, "all 4 bangers must be like this" etc. There not.
    Heres one of my favorite cars i've seen in person, runs 9's on radials (awd), actual DAILY (yes daily) driver including canadian winters, Not stripped, fagey, or otherwise gay honda shit. Not saying its better in anyway then a v8 car, just that it is there in the first place and looks/sounds no different then a 14 second dsm.

http://www.tappauto.com/project.cfm?ProjectID=1

#2. 98% of single digit 4 bangers are going to be turbo cars. Most of them have quite decent gas mileage. Why??, because they get the gas mileage of a 4 banger when off the boost. With big turbos, you're off the boost all the time when just cruising around. So I would get better gas mileage (30 hwy) running 11.9 compared to when I was stock because the stock turbo spools up so fast.

We are in agreement on one thing. v8's sound much better.

Okay John Force, i don't know about you but me and 99.9% of the gearheads on this planet:
    -Go to dealership (private party etc)
    -Buy car
    -Make faster

Notice how I didn't include, "start profesional race team, get huge sponserships, build custom engines on the ragged edge not available to public that can last 6 seconds before teardown, put said engine in a plastic tube frame pod with elephant sized slicks that some might consider a "car", load your "car" on the trailor and head home until next week."
    This means nothing to us since we can't access that level anyway.

Heres why the funnycar example is retarted. If I were to say: "if v8's are so good, why are the fastest rally cars 2.0L 4 bangers", Everyone would say, because thats what they HAVE TO BE numbnuts, its in the rulebooks.

So If you tell me the whole "funny cars are v8's, they run 4.5 seconds, why don't they use 4 and 6's etc" spiel I'm gonna say the same damn thing. THEY HAVE TO BE NUMBNUTS, its in the rulebooks.

Your example proves nothing, why don't we all just use v-12's. Hell if bigger is better they should just make a funny car w/ 32 cylinders and a turbo for each one.

Let me guess, Your also probaly one of those guys who say "If turbos are so good, why do top fuel/funnycars/etc use superchargers.

Heres a shovel, Keep digging
    Hahahaaa! You think that car sounds like a 14 second dsm...you better get your ears checked....show me proof of the gas mileage he gets...

First off, you didn't answer my question....Let me help you out....None! There is nothing stopping anyone from trying to go as fast as they can (or produce as much horsepower as they can) with whatever setup they have....so long as their chasis passes the regs for the track or you don't have to go to a regulation track...where there's a will there's a way. By the way, there is another organization known as IHRA....ooh but they have regs too, so they don't count.

Second.....There are Top Fuel regulations for a reason. I take it you know how combustible Nitro-methane is...and you know how a turbo works.....So Numbnuts, why would you want to help your motor to self destruct by dumping a fiery ball into your intake.

They also use rearwheel drive for a reason...jackass!
    Last edited by BatCar; 08-28-2005 at 11:32 AM.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

:Padlock:

Thread Information