green
    94 z28

A sad day as come...I'm a Honda owner.

Well guys, the time as come that I have to sell the z28. I'm currently enrolled into college for about 50 hours a week. Because of my schedule, I've only found 1 job that I can work at and even then...it's only about 15 hours a week at $6.50 an hour. It's hours mean I'm staying after school for a few hours waiting to go to work or going home and going back to work and wasting 2 gallons of gas just to work 4-5 hours. So with a crap job and driving a car that gets only 17 MPG, I'm not going to be able to do it.

So I've decided to sell my z28. I've been considering it for the past month or two but finally figured out that there is no other choice as of right now. I'm more than likely going to be buying my brothers Civic. It's a 93 sedan with a 97 prelude engine it. No other mods that I know of besides a cold air intake. He just recently got a new muffler so it doesn't sound too...gay? So after selling the z28, I can buy the civic and still have around $1,000 to pay for my debt I owe the bank and my credit card since I went about half a year without a job since I couldn't even find one that would work around my college schedule.

It's a fairly quick car, he wanted me to go do some street racing with him and he was stomping all of the 06 wrx's, never raced any other than from a roll so I don't know about that part. My plans are to get an exhaust and any muffler so it doesn't sound like a fart can and then use it until I get done with my college to save up for an SS anyways.

So, take a stock 93 sedan civic with a 97 prelude engine with nothing but a cold air intake and think of what you'd do to it. I've never owned a honda before, so what is there to even do to these cars that can make them a little more fun to drive?

have fun in driving what you can.
    keep in mind we are all car enthusiasts here. we're all "car crazy"
    have fun continuing to post here!

red
    1999 Trans Am WS-6

if i was going to have a foreign car it would definately be a honda. keep the timing belt changed and you will have no problems. personally i would just keep it stock and save your money.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Don't waste your time, honestly. The H22 is only rated at 21 MPG city, 27 highway, and it will only get worse with mods. You also have to rev the living hell out of the thing to get it to move, so you'll probably end up averaging around 23 combined. Not worth it, IMO.

Personally I could never degrade myself by driving a riced up Honda, I'd rather ride my bicycle than be seen in one of those cars.

hey now, it's a DD. not degrading himself by any means. my 2 cents.

green
    94 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Don't waste your time, honestly. The H22 is only rated at 21 MPG city, 27 highway, and it will only get worse with mods. You also have to rev the living hell out of the thing to get it to move, so you'll probably end up averaging around 23 combined. Not worth it, IMO.

Personally I could never degrade myself by driving a riced up Honda, I'd rather ride my bicycle than be seen in one of those cars.
    It's not riced up. Now his Accord...complete ricer, lol.

And he said he gets about 28 MPG. Where drives, it will be about the same as I drive. You have to think of how light weight the car is too. It also has a few things out of the engine bay so the H22 would even fit. I don't plan on doing any mods other than the cold air intake it already has, a better exhaust hoping they sell some that doesn't sound like what most ricers like, and a tune up which it needs right now. I can easilly drop about 75 pounds from the car from stuff I don't need, and will get some racing seats to replace the ones that are in it right now and make a pin on hood and trunk out of fiberglass and paint it(and the whole car) myself in the shop for about $500-$600.

And yes, I don't plan on taking to the strip. I just need a car that gets better than 17 MPG when it takes 2 gallons to get to school and back and 2 more gallons to get to work and back since my schedule only allows me to work about 15 hours a week as it is.

The rear of the camaro would be going out in a few months anyways, and that would be about $2,500 at least to be replaced. So now is a good time to sell it and save up for a newer SS for when I get out of school and work more. I have plans Saturday with my new girlfriend that hasn't really gotten to drive in it much so I think I'm going to hold off from selling it until then so I can take her for a spin on the interstate while we go to the mall(about a 2 hour drive) and have some last fun with it before it's gone. It will be missed for sure. Especially after seeing a picture that said "Real cars don't power their front wheels. Real cars lift them!"

Thread Information