Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Black
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

Man, I am glad I moved to Alabama... I did know that if you were caught street racing in Illinois, that you would lose your license for a year.

How close are to US41 in Indiana? That is were we use to go, much better traction than Skateway. My PB was there. My latest runs were here in Alabama, and traction was horrible. I had to baby it off the line just to pull the 2.0 60.

Randy
    S1X Cam/ZZP S3 IC/N*/Gen V/S&S Headers
    12.42@110.03 with a 1.74 60 Before IC
    12.46@114.3 with a 2.062 60 with IC

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

well me, im in northwestern IL. so traveling anywhere in indiana is a fewhour drive

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by 00 GTP Debadged View Post
    Man, I am glad I moved to Alabama... I did know that if you were caught street racing in Illinois, that you would lose your license for a year.

How close are to US41 in Indiana? That is were we use to go, much better traction than Skateway. My PB was there. My latest runs were here in Alabama, and traction was horrible. I had to baby it off the line just to pull the 2.0 60.

Randy
    Im 60 miles west of Evansville and US41 so its a lil haul for me

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

GIR is only about 20 miles from me.....

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS SLP M6

Quote Originally Posted by nitrorustler41 View Post
    i only street race up to about 15 mph over the speed limit. that way. you never are at too bad of a ticket if caught, and can slowdown real quick. that ain't bad when it is a 50 mph road. 70 mph is enough to see which street car has more grunt. atleast for a 16 old kid in a pickup truck. :LOL:
    Cool you have the Nitro Rustler? I got the VXL Rustler with the 5000Mah 3S Maxamps LIPO battery. The thing Rocks! It won't even stay on the ground. Lol.

Sorry to jack thread. Be careful out there. If you street race, be stealth about it. Just my 02.
    2002 SS M6 Convertible

Red
    1999 Pontiac GTP

Quote Originally Posted by Redegal View Post
    Cool you have the Nitro Rustler? I got the VXL Rustler with the 5000Mah 3S Maxamps LIPO battery. The thing Rocks! It won't even stay on the ground. Lol.

Sorry to jack thread. Be careful out there. If you street race, be stealth about it. Just my 02.
    Stealth is good. My GTP looks and sounds pretty stock and my GN is pretty quiet I think it helps keep attention away from them. I don't run personalized plates either just makes it way to easy to be labeled by the cops. In the GN I guess it wouldn't matter...not too many around to blend in with

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS SLP M6

I don't run personized plates on my Regal. The only givaway is the "Got Alky?" liscence plate frame from Razor around my back plate. My brother is even more subtle with his GN. He's got a "Got Boost?" third brake light.

NBM M6
    2000 SS

Saw this post late but here in chicago the aldermen think they are gods. Listen to this.

Last year they passed an ordinance that if you get caught drag racing your car gets impounded, 750 dollar fine, 170 for the tow and 25 dollars a day for storage fees.

If you run and they get your plates they can still impound your car where ever it is parked. So either way you are fucked.

All I can say is that I totally disagree with this, but I have been to plenty of street races here and the fuckin idiots out here that street race should have their cars crushed. Seen too many accidents.

Whatever happened to two guys just racing straight no animosity and hey bro nice car.

Oh and best part is the ordinance states it can be one vehicle in a race against time. So if you smoke your tires got a loudmouth and try to beat the light, you are dragracing in chicago.

Fucking hate the politicians here in Chicago.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS SLP M6

Quote Originally Posted by pewterzron View Post
    Whatever happened to two guys just racing straight no animosity and hey bro nice car.
    It's not that kind of racing that the law makers are going after. It's the big crowds, bling bling, money flaunting F&F style illegal organized drag racing events on public roads. Now that this type of racing has brought attention to the authorities their gonna be out to get any shmo (like myself) just driving down the road in a car that looks like it might be fast. Man do I sound like an old fart or what?

Seriously though, I know some may argue that there isn't a legal drag strip within reasonable proximity. Well, my father used travel from Mass. the whole way to places like ATCO in southern NJ and Island Dragway in NW Jersey to LEGALLY drag race. Even if that's too far to travel, why not pool some people and money to organize a LEGAL drag race in your town?

NBM M6
    2000 SS

Ya, it just sucks. I got pulled over doing 105 on the dan ryan expressway here in chicago. It was late 2 am, and no one out. The state trooper was very professional and courteous. He asked me what I was doing, I said nothing, you caught me, nothing I could say. He said slow down, be carefull. What you gonna do. You right about the bling bling and big crowds.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS SLP M6

It sounds you got lucky there.

Don't get me wrong there's no excuse for any type of racing on the street and I'm not saying I'm not guilty of it but why draw attention to ourselves?

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post

rediculous amount here... i live in a small country town and we still got like a 10% mexican population, most of which are illegal
    Theres a whole lot more of them where i live - consider yourself lucky!! There are like a half million of them in chicago. They are taking over my neighborhood one house at a time.

white
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    damn, thats why we need to vote for Huckabee. Then Chuck Norris will whip all the illegal mexicans right out of the US.
    i know who im voting for

i got pulled over because my tires chirped turning left into my apartment complex b/c a slow *Hispanic* driver in a beat up f-150 almost got me hit in the freaking side because he decided to come to a dead stop to turn right onto the same road as myself. The cop pulls me over i look in my rear view and if it isnt a chick coming out of the car ( bad history with women police ) and she jumps all over my case talking abotu how i chirped my tires and she could write me a ticket for wreckless driving when i was just trying to save my own but meh w/e she ended up not giving me a ticket but i was told if im seen ever driving wrecklessly my car is hard to miss around here or w/e by her shell have me pulled over even if someone is flying by me.

Um the county i live in is filling up with hispanics b/c we were like number 2 or 3 in country in growing counties so more houses are being built and who do you think is doing that? i worked with some for 2 summers buildind house foundations who were legal and pretty good people so i cant say they are all bad
    Last edited by stefan256; 01-10-2008 at 02:39 AM.

Thread Information