Thread: WS6 vs. C5

Red
    2000 T/A WS6

WS6 vs. C5

First off, this was more like playing around than a race... at least I hope it was for the C5s sake.

Headed to a birthday party, just pulled onto NC 60 west of Murphy. I saw this blue C5 coming down from a side road to pull on. I was already driving in a spirited fashion as I went from 4th to 5th at 75 mph. So this Vette pulls out and I think nothing of it till I see he's gaining ground on me, and I'm doing 80. Welp, I figure he's game, so when he gets alongside, I drop to 4th and go(probably should've acknowledged his intent first, eh?) at it. In what seemed like a short time later, I shut down around 125 and several carlengths ahead of this Vette. Now here's why I'm HOPING he wasn't going all out... the T/A's bone stock, with the exception of a lid and !CAGS. Anywho, I reached my turnoff, gave a friendly wave as he cruised on by, and thus ended playtime.

More I think of it... yep, should've seen if he wanted to play, too.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

most vette drivers don't understand what you're doing...it's not your fault...GM shoulda lowerd the price curve so a more diserved audience could buy the car

Red
    2000 T/A WS6

Yeah. But then they probably at least let someone know they want to race before downshifting and taking off, too. I'll make sure next time.

He was coming up pretty quick when I took off, I admit.

I don't know, I can see you taking a auto C5 in a street run like this. My buddy had a bone dead stock 98 Z A4 w/ 3.23s for awhile, and we pulled on at least 3 seperate C5s during a couple year time span. The cars are close enough that if you take a weak geared A4 Vette or something anything could happen on the street vs a LS1 Fbody.

With you taking the jump, and being a 6spd w/ a lid and him a good chance of being a stock auto and I'd say you probably should have pulled...

Red
    2000 T/A WS6

Ahhhh, I like that! Can't wait till I can afford to soup it up.

Thread Information