Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WS6 Vs WRX

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Nah you can find them cheaper with a blown head gasket to start a project car out of. The old school Talons 1990-1992 were the best. The only one I would own.

For total 5-7 grand you could have a highly modded car. Ya I know Mitsibitchi!!! HAHA

But as a cheap builder for the price thats all I can think of.

Unless you go like Rx-7 or 240sx and drop a LS1 in it HAHA then you got some power right out of the box in a 2500lb car!!

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    Nah you can find them cheaper with a blown head gasket to start a project car out of. The old school Talons 1990-1992 were the best. The only one I would own.

For total 5-7 grand you could have a highly modded car. Ya I know Mitsibitchi!!! HAHA

But as a cheap builder for the price thats all I can think of.

Unless you go like Rx-7 or 240sx and drop a LS1 in it HAHA then you got some power right out of the box in a 2500lb car!!
    For a fast budget car man a high mileage up 93-94 a4 Lt1 for 2500-3000 hundred bucks, buy some used dr's for under 200 bucks and a 125 dry shot of nitrous. 12 sec car for around 3000-3500 bucks. And it looks a ton better than a talon.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Yea thats true, you can get an LT1 dirt cheap sometimes with high miles. Hell rebuild it for around a grand or so. Add a 150 shot or something for a few hundred bucks and still have a brand new motor that runs 12s or so. Dont forget to add a few goodies here and there during the rebuild.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Im not a nitrous fan at all!!!

But that would get you a 12 sec car easy!!

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

And a decent lookin DD!

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

I am not a nitrous fan either but if we are talking about making imports fast, you know u have to gut them out as well. Def not for a nice DD, but if ur that desperate to make it fast, so you can have a nice looking DD with some hidden N2O

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

YA!!! but only Honda guys actually do the gutting out part!! Lol every pound counts

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

YA!!! but only Honda guys actually do the gutting out part!! Lol every pound counts
    Not just Hondas, well down here at least, I seen plenty of eclipses, and probes, camrys ect. ect. down here that do that too.
    There are so many ricers down here its not even funny. I go to school with a kid that keeps talking about how he is going to get his 4 banger camry fast IDK WTF they are smoking.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

HAHA!!! WOW!! Crazy man...There so poor here they can't afford Eclipses HAHA!!

There really isnt any actual performance cars here running around besides 1 Roush Stang and a few corvettes, a couple F-Bodies but none fixed up. I don't see anything but a bunch of accords and hatch back civics. A Buddy of mine owned a turbo civic, The first turbo car I know of in my city. It was decent fast but nothing to even compared to my Lt1 Stroker.

There is NO point of making a FWD car fast!!! With all the power in the world you will never get it to hook. Even with 15 inch slicks!!

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Preach on my brotha

Pewter
    01 Trans am ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Or people can just have their own opinions and decide for themselves what they like...

4 bangers sound like crap and have miserable power and torque curves. They were designed for the start for economy, not performance. Hence the reason I think trying to make a 4 banger fast is a complete waste of time and money. Start with a real performance motor and built it from there.

I agree that some 4 bangers sound like crap but not Subaru boxer motors. I use to have a STi and it sounded very mean. Very muscle like imo and no where near the sound of a inline 4. Subaru didn't make this car for economy, it was made for rally racing and it use to be top dog back in the day. Just standing up for the 4 cylinder I have owned although it hardly even reminded me of one but it was and it was a very fun and reliable car. I will say though that I hate people who buy civic's and economy type cars and put cheap ass ebay mufflers on them that sound worse than a fkn moped.

Red
    2001 ws6

ahaha this thread hasnt been posted on in over 3 and a half years!

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Or people can just have their own opinions and decide for themselves what they like...

4 bangers sound like crap and have miserable power and torque curves. They were designed for the start for economy, not performance. Hence the reason I think trying to make a 4 banger fast is a complete waste of time and money. Start with a real performance motor and built it from there.
    x2

nothing wrong with nitrous as long as you keep your timing in check. and your bottle!

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

So long as we brought the paddles to this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    x2

nothing wrong with nitrous as long as you keep your timing in check. and your bottle!
    I don't think it's a matter of spray being safe or not, most just prefer NA cars because spray can sometimes feel like you're cheating. If you can't have access to the power 100% of the time, it's temporary. And I myself hate that feeling.
    2002 Black/Ebony M6 WS6: Lid, Filter, Smooth Bellow, P&P TB (!Bump Stop), Magnaflow Cat-Back (dumped after the axle), 4.10s, Hypertech ME Tune, eibach springs 4/4, LCA relocating brackets, PHB, free mods, 17" TTMs.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

I just like the idea of being able to drive my car and IF someone wants to play that might be some what of a challenge then I don't have to get out in the middle of the hwy/redlight and turn my shit on lol. I prefer turbo obviously over n/a or nitrous. But nitrous is def cheap hp if your running a small shot I know guys doing 300-400hp shots and are changing the bottle every pass which is 40$ a bottle to fill. Imo that's a lot of money in the end.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

For the purists, V8=supercharger, 4= turbo. Almost disgusting to run across a guy in a v8 with a turbo. Not to say its bad, just seems wrong. And yeah, No2 IS cheating. Everybody that uses it feels that way. Good way to destroy these cars too.Driveshaft, rear end.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    For the purists, V8=supercharger, 4= turbo. Almost disgusting to run across a guy in a v8 with a turbo. Not to say its bad, just seems wrong. And yeah, No2 IS cheating. Everybody that uses it feels that way. Good way to destroy these cars too.Driveshaft, rear end.
    Bring your v8 supercharger and ill bring my disgusting v8 turbo and let's see who is @ the finish line 1st, who can cruise around town most and who can take a road trip. + my turbo motor will live twice as long as your supercharger, while your changing your nylon strips in ur blower, ill change the oil in my motor lol. Just an opinion

Thread Information