Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Evo killed me

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

Dont tell me that I dont know how to drive my car it is what it is I was there fuck the statistics on how much power I have and how muck power he has that dosent mean shit, there is a guy on this site pushing 700+ hp to the ground and cant get his car out of the 12s ! time to get a life man you do this on almost every thred you post on its pointless im sure your gonna quote this and try and rip me a new one but in the long run you are nothing to me ! You are Wesman the guy who loves to start pointless debates on a god damn fourm lmao come on now time to get over yourself...well have fun telling ppl there wrong trying to make yourself feel better about the pointless life you lead, and hey maybe next Saturday night I will sit at home, just like you, on the computer arguing with people over stuff that dosent really matter in the first place. Now get worked up and tell me how it is lol.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 98T/Aformula. View Post
    Dont tell me that I dont know how to drive my car it is what it is I was there fuck the statistics on how much power I have and how muck power he has that dosent mean shit, there is a guy on this site pushing 700+ hp to the ground and cant get his car out of the 12s ! time to get a life man you do this on almost every thred you post on its pointless im sure your gonna quote this and try and rip me a new one but in the long run you are nothing to me ! You are Wesman the guy who loves to start pointless debates on a god damn fourm lmao come on now time to get over yourself...well have fun telling ppl there wrong trying to make yourself feel better about the pointless life you lead, and hey maybe next Saturday night I will sit at home, just like you, on the computer arguing with people over stuff that dosent really matter in the first place. Now get worked up and tell me how it is lol.
    HAHA +10!!! He tries his best to start arguments with everyone! I personally wont take his shit! He tries to tear every thread about an import apart but in the end always makes an ass of his self. Im sure I agg alot of it on but point being I been there done that and I have both so I know what there capable of, and like you stated its not always who has the most power. I see guys that have loads of power getting whooped all the time! Its a drivers game!

But I give you props your cool At least you are able to take a loss! I mean you cant win them all! But its nice have a nice close race no matter if its an import or domestic! I personally am impressed with the smaller displacement engines putting out what they do! I think its cool, Especially the grand nationals, I always walk up to them at the tracks and shake there hands! Im a nice guy but when you start B.S ill be your worse enemy!

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    HAHA +10!!! He tries his best to start arguments with everyone! I personally wont take his shit! He tries to tear every thread about an import apart but in the end always makes an ass of his self. Im sure I agg alot of it on but point being I been there done that and I have both so I know what there capable of, and like you stated its not always who has the most power. I see guys that have loads of power getting whooped all the time! Its a drivers game!
    All you do is troll this site about bragging about your gay imports. This is LS1.com, not japcrap.com, if you want to talk about jap crap go to another forum. You can't expect everyone to like your ricer cars on here, I have an LS1 because I hate stupid riceburners like your 240. Get over yourself, nobody cares what you have to complain about.

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

In an attempt to get this back on topic:

Wesman stated it would take full bolt ons, cams, and meth injection to run mid 12s. Wesman you are incorrect. Setups like that have gone mid 11s on evo 9s.

On the 2006 evo, a "just tune" car can and has gone mid 12s. A completely stock 2006 can and will go high 12s.

The numbers on the 9 are a lot better then the privious 8s. They come with more boost, increased cooling in the motor (which helps running higher boost), a more efficient turbo (compressor cover upgrade). Mitsubishi's own variable valve timing (mivec) and a few other upgrades (aluminum roofs, lsd in the front, etc)

A stock 9 would dog a 2003 8 by almost half a second in a straight line.

Also one topic that hasn't been brought up is weight difference. a stock ix should weigh in the 3400 range, I'm not sure what the ls1 car in this storie weighs, but weight makes a bigger difference then some people realize.

I've hung with a 460hp cobra while only making 400hp as an example.

I'm not going to insult anyone, so please don't insult me, if you have a valid arguement contrary to what I've stated I would love to hear it.

Machine Silver
    2004 C5Z06 Corvette

I had a WW 2005 Evo VIII for 2 years. The best Evo VIII...IMO.

The 2006 Evo IX has MIVEC, larger 16g cold side.
    Those cars are the best of the CT9A platform...IMO.

Warning:
    Be aware of AMS, Bushur, Turbo Trix built Evos. ( To name a few )
    If you come across a 2.3 stroker with a GT35 or bigger, AEM controller,
    tuned with race gas... You will get spanked anyway you look at it !
    Unless your LS1 is extremely modded.

Like I said... I had an Evo. Now I have a 2000 Firebird Formula...
    and I love it. It has a lot of potential. I can supercharge it
    and still be CARB street legal here in California.

For that matter, I love all LT1 and LS1 F bodys, LSX Vettes,
    older and newer Mopar, GM, Ford, Lincoln Mercury
    American Muscle cars.

My heart truly belongs to American muscle and it
    feels good to be back.

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

This is just a good reason for more mods

Sad that he took you but still nothing to lose sleep over. Just hope nobody saw

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Man it really doesn't bother me at all that he beat me. His car is fast and he did it himself. Thats worth loosing to IMO. The guys I hate loosing to are the ones that can run to their parents for money or a faster car.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    All you do is troll this site about bragging about your gay imports. This is LS1.com, not japcrap.com, if you want to talk about jap crap go to another forum. You can't expect everyone to like your ricer cars on here, I have an LS1 because I hate stupid riceburners like your 240. Get over yourself, nobody cares what you have to complain about.

such class. LOL

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by JHayesLS1 View Post
    Man it really doesn't bother me at all that he beat me. His car is fast and he did it himself. Thats worth loosing to IMO. The guys I hate loosing to are the ones that can run to their parents for money or a faster car.
    +1 on that

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Listen, evos are good little cars, but for the price tag i would get soemthing much better. I have driven an evo that went 11.12 at the local track. Fun little cars.

2008 Caliber SRT 4
    1998 Z28/ 1993 Talon awd

Why is another member of this forum putting down another member because he lost a race??? Everyone looses sometime, if you race your car enough it will happen. And some time it will be a import.

I have raced both of my cars on the street and track and I have won more than I have lost. But I aways give thumbs up if I lose. Calling other cars shit and crap is kids stuff so stop it.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Well some cars are just crap

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Why is another member of this forum putting down another member because he lost a race??? Everyone looses sometime, if you race your car enough it will happen. And some time it will be a import.

I have raced both of my cars on the street and track and I have won more than I have lost. But I aways give thumbs up if I lose. Calling other cars shit and crap is kids stuff so stop it.
    I agree. Mrr23 is going to read this and lock it, rightfully so, because its turning into another why Evo's suck thread. Not saying they do at all, it is just taking that direction.

2008 Caliber SRT 4
    1998 Z28/ 1993 Talon awd

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    Well some cars are just crap
    What cars are you talking about?? The thread is about a evo and a ls1. And I consider both cars as good performance cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101
    Better be glad your from NJ!! Down here in the south you would have already been detained from your stupidity! We do such a thing called walk the walk instead of talking about it! We have pride in our rides b/c we dont build B.S! Im sure you have alot of that were your at considering your there....
    Bring it!

Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8
    Also one topic that hasn't been brought up is weight difference. a stock ix should weigh in the 3400 range, I'm not sure what the ls1 car in this storie weighs, but weight makes a bigger difference then some people realize....
    This is true, as it has been proven many times that an addition of 100-lbs (give or take a pound) will cost you about a tenth in the quarter mile....

Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8
    I've hung with a 460hp cobra while only making 400hp as an example....
    Cobra's are pretty heavy to begin with though. Also, transmission gear ratio falls into play, and is a very huge factor as well....
    Last edited by Street Lethal; 12-03-2007 at 11:56 AM.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    What cars are you talking about?? The thread is about a evo and a ls1. And I consider both cars as good performance cars.
    I wasnt talking about any cars in the thread, like i said my friend had a 11.12 evo and i drove it that car was fun and i own a ls1.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Didnt mean to blow this thread up with my comments towards (Wesman) But he just pisses me off with his racial comments about import cars only! When in all reality import or domestic if its fast why be hatin? I know some people prefer certain brands as a ford guy is a ford guy and a chevy man is a chevy, They all have there advantages and dis-advantages, Evo's in my opinion is nice cars, but for the price ya I would prefer something a little different. But we all have our own taste thats why every car is unique by its owner! No 2 cars are alike!! I don't care if its 2cyl,4cly,6cyl inline 6, v8, v10 or 12!! If it can run a good number and if the owner is not a Dick! Ill give a thumbs up and go introduce myself!

I do know one thing If someone has put as many man hours pride and joy into his car as me!!! Then we shall get along well!! Were all car guys here so why not get along and help each other out instead of always putting someone else down b/c they don't have as good of parts or isnt as fast as someone else! Sometimes we just can't afford to be fast! I have worked for 4 years on my car, I have spent little under 25grand! All Custom and all fabricated by me! I like being different so I built different. Sure some will like and some will hate! its just my personality coming out in my car!

So don't take me wrong and don't take me as a dick either, Just don't judge without askin questions first!

Thread Information