Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki_SeVeN View Post
    um, according to the Nissan Managment... (per Motor Trend)... they say it's completely redesigned from the normal VQ bullshit...and will be a much stronger motor as it stands... probably not 1800hp...LOL... but easilly 1000hp... I mean G35's have been known to get to 900whp... in some ocasions... anything is posible if the money is right... ya know?!

Nissan management is a bunch of bullshitters. Just like the Nissan Titan was going to overthrow the big three in the truck market Too bad for them its just another piece of Jap crap.

I've never heard of a 900WHP VQ. And I can't imagine one would last more than about 2 minutes anyway.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Nissan management is a bunch of bullshitters. Just like the Nissan Titan was going to overthrow the big three in the truck market Too bad for them its just another piece of Jap crap.

I've never heard of a 900WHP VQ. And I can't imagine one would last more than about 2 minutes anyway.
    I saw it in some Super Compacto (tunner) Magazine... anyways most I've perosnally seen is like 600whp...and even that is pushing it...

agian... anything is posible if the money ir right...

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

I saw it in some Super Compacto (tunner) Magazine... anyways most I've perosnally seen is like 600whp...and even that is pushing it...

agian... anything is posible if the money ir right...
    I'm not going to disagree...there is a local kid who invested 30K in his Honda Civic to make it run 11's. Anything is possible, but it doesn't mean its a good idea.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

I'm not going to disagree...there is a local kid who invested 30K in his Honda Civic to make it run 11's. Anything is possible, but it doesn't mean its a good idea.
    holly crap did he get fked over!!!... with that much money... he could've bought a 5.0L and made it into a 9 second car... or who knows... LOL

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

holly crap did he get fked over!!!... with that much money... he could've bought a 5.0L and made it into a 9 second car... or who knows... LOL
    Nahh, he said Domestics are slow and gay, he only drives Honduhs.

You know how ricers are

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Nahh, he said Domestics are slow and gay, he only drives Honduhs.

You know how ricers are
    yeah, I hate ricers...but around here they do alot with little money... like Low 12's on a Toyota Tercel...

or... um... 10 flat on a CRX...on a motor Swap and Turbo... less then $10K on mods...

black trans am

thers a bunch of honda guys running around one dudes got a k 20 trubo. hes in the low 12s .. yeat i beat his ass on the high way .. so imo junk ..

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Where has this been documanted?? Sounds like you're just pulling numbers out of thin air. Its an aluminum Nissan VQ, bullshit it was "tested to 1800HP". There is no way in hell the car will support 800HP either, you can kiss that automatic trans goodbye as well as the rest of the AWD drivetrain
    (Wesman) You willing to put your money were your mouth is yet? You talk all this crap about Jap But yet everything you have ever said about them has been opinionated by you!

The day you get the balls to race a real Jap car PM me!! Ill show you how a real jap car runs!

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Wink People's Interest

Everyone has their interest between imports and domestics......... no one ever has any thing bad to say about Lamborghinis, Porsches, etc. hahaha Funny huh? When it comes to technology of the sorts, the Asian companies out torque the US, thus, I wouldn't put them down if they manufactured a superior vehicle when necessary.

Any high end vehicle from Japan would be reared to the Western world for they don't have the road or would have the capital to purchase such a vehicle.

Asia is driven on Economical vehicles..........

Years ago when looking for a vehicle, I test drove a Nissan Frontier...... the acceleration on it sucked.....compared to a Toyota truck.... just depends on the vehicle and involved components.

Matttttttttttttttttttttttt
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    (Wesman) You willing to put your money were your mouth is yet? You talk all this crap about Jap But yet everything you have ever said about them has been opinionated by you!

The day you get the balls to race a real Jap car PM me!! Ill show you how a real jap car runs!

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Dude get a life...I don't care about your crappy riceburners, this discussion is about the '09 Nissan Skyline GT-R. I gave my opinion, deal with it.

You're obviously so insecure about your choice in vehicles that you feel the need to challenge everyone to a race who doesn't share the same opinion as you. You aren't proving anything, nor are you going to convert anyone to the ricer side by doing so.

black trans am

dude your in a ls1 page.. the fact of the matter ther much more of us driving and loving our canadian cars then ther is likeing any other import.. live with it .. if u loking for a race ill give u a link for a honda site

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Dude get a life...I don't care about your crappy riceburners, this discussion is about the '09 Nissan Skyline GT-R. I gave my opinion, deal with it.

You're obviously so insecure about your choice in vehicles that you feel the need to challenge everyone to a race who doesn't share the same opinion as you. You aren't proving anything, nor are you going to convert anyone to the ricer side by doing so.
    Hmm sounds like your insecure about your pride and loosing to a Riceburner Im pretty confident that ill bend you over my knee and make you wish you never trash talked me!

The only person I have challenged for a race on here buddy has been you!! and thats b/c you talk all B.S and show nothing! Someone get this man a Beer!

I try to convert No-one to a Jap car! Everyone has there own opionion about it but your the only one that calls it a Piece of Shit b/f it has even came out on the market! Just B/C its a Jap car!

A real car guy would see its another nice piece of machinery that will be driven on the road as for the corvettes, camaro's Trans-am's, Porshes, Lamborghinis, Evo's, Sti's, Audi's, BMW's, ETC!! Nothing wrong with High performance AWD, Turbo and 6 cyl's of pure muscle pounding the road.

As for the Gt-R out of the Awd TURBO line up in choice it would be in my opinion the Skyline or the porshe 911 of choice! Porshe still wins performance wise but I think as a more comfort car to drive the skyline would win do to the size of the car. The skyline will be more luxury! But the Skyline is priced lower than the porshe so for the extra $ you are going to spend you can upgrade the skyline and prob own the porshe! From What I have read the new Corvette is going to be in the 100grand range itself! and from what Motor Trend has recorded the Skyline has a slight edge, So Lets see them go at it!! Im ready to see some racing so people will hush with all this talk and no walk!!

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by blackbirdbrain89 View Post
    dude your in a ls1 page.. the fact of the matter ther much more of us driving and loving our canadian cars then ther is likeing any other import.. live with it .. if u loking for a race ill give u a link for a honda site
    I own a Trans am 383 Stroker!! Thats why im in the Ls1 page! But I also own a 240sx I drag race! I have a skyline engine in it so I know a smiggin about them! (wesman) more than likely has never seen or heard of these cars in person and is always opinionated about them. Thats why I ride his case!

Why did I choose to race my 240 over my T/A?

Simple My 240 will out handle the T/A any day of the week, and you never see an import ever do anything on a track so to be different I built one to make guys piss there pants when I beat them.

I have never been in a car that gives you complete control like my 240 does! I can be at a 80 degree angle sideways and pull out of it like a piece of cake! Hell I can pull out of a 90 if there is enough road!

Im not putting the T/A down I love my T/A, But out of both my cars I drive I like my 240 better. Lots more power, and better handling, For racing, as for Street driving Ill stay with the T/A. My 240 has Posi traction and a stage 4 race clutch so city driving is no fun at red lights, all I can do is pull out squaling the tires or kill the motor taking off easy!

2008 Caliber SRT 4
    1998 Z28/ 1993 Talon awd

Tell it like it is and take no shit from anybody Sleeper101.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Tell it like it is and take no shit from anybody Sleeper101.
    HAHA!!! Thanks!! Ill do my best...

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Listen skylines are and can be great cars, but they are overpriced, the GTR-34 costs 60k new and ran 13s, way over priced, yes you can make 1000awhp but you can put those numbers to the ground with almost anything and the right setup. The new skyline is nice, but the complete ruined the design of the car in my opinon by switching to a v6 fro ma inline. The inline 6 motors liek the 7mgte, RB26, 2jz have proved the can be bullet proof. This new skyline motor will need to be put ot the test. From what i have seen with the 350z 3.5liter they fail under extreme horsepower. Now if you want to compare the skyline to ls2 vette and what not go ahead, from anywhere but a dig they will be a good race, the skyline weighs 3800lbs with 480hp, the vette 3300lbs with 400hp and it gets more to the ground cause its not AWD and it has a better power band. Now the ls7 against the skyline isnt a race at all, with sticky tires bone stock ls7s have gone high 10s a full second faster than the skyline. We all know what a full second looks like in the quarter mile, about 12 cars lol.
    Last edited by 2000T/A Guru; 11-29-2007 at 11:07 AM.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Post A Vehicle Enthusiast

A person would be dumb to argue over handling given the knowledge of weight... hands down the Porsche can handle turns and corners better than a TA for a couple reasons, but mostly weight. The more weight on a vehicle will take more effort to stop it.

Hands down for I can vouch that the GT-R will handle much better than a TA, given its light composition and various performance parts which are stock...... A better bang for your buck is on the GT-R.... and yes, the comparable ZR-1 Corvette will be $100 K (Viper or Corvette than?).

A true intelligent vehicle enthusiast would admire the performance of a vehicle and know how to compare the peformance based on price, quality, and specifications as well as features.

I love my two Trans Ams with an open mind about any other high performance vehicle, whether it be a Truck, Sedan, or a Sport. This is the reason why I brought up this thread about the GT-R.

Here at my work desk, I have that issue of the GT-R... I have not even read it... I see the cover now.... I scanned in the cover and the engine so you guys can take a look. I like the dual air port on the engine.... air efficiency for the mixture is nicely distributed and increase.. check it out:

Here.. check out the 2012 concept.....it's looking more like one of those sports Cadillacs.... look at the triple layered side vents... not looking very hot either!!! Our Trans Am bodies are looking way better than these new Corvette Concepts by far!!!

Matttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.
    I own a Trans am 383 Stroker!! Thats why im in the Ls1 page! But I also own a 240sx I drag race! I have a skyline engine in it so I know a smiggin about them! (wesman) more than likely has never seen or heard of these cars in person and is always opinionated about them. Thats why I ride his case!
    Last edited by mrr23; 12-03-2007 at 07:09 PM. Reason: fixed quote

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    Listen skylines are and can be great cars, but they are overpriced, the GTR-34 costs 60k new and ran 13s, way over priced, yes you can make 1000awhp but you can put those numbers to the ground with almost anything and the right setup. The new skyline is nice, but the complete ruined the design of the car in my opinon by switching to a v6 fro ma inline. The inline 6 motors liek the 7mgte, RB26, 2jz have proved the can be bullet proof. This new skyline motor will need to be put ot the test. From what i have seen with the 350z 3.5liter they fail under extreme horsepower. Now if you want to compare the skyline to ls2 vette and what not go ahead, from anywhere but a dig they will be a good race, the skyline weighs 3800lbs with 480hp, the vette 3300lbs with 400hp and it gets more to the ground cause its not AWD and it has a better power band. Now the ls7 against the skyline isnt a race at all, with sticky tires bone stock ls7s have gone high 10s a full second faster than the skyline. We all know what a full second looks like in the quarter mile, about 12 cars lol.
    This is what Motor Authority had to say about it:
    After months of spy shots and drip-fed teasers Nissan’s all new GT-R super-coupe has been revealed with the early release of the December issue of MotorTrend. The tagline on the magazine’s cover claims the car is as fast as the Porsche 911 Turbo and is priced less than $80,000, confirming rumors the new GT-R will set a new standard in bang-for-your-buck comparisons.

Other details include the GT-R’s acceleration time of 3.5 seconds for the 0-60mph and 11.7 seconds for the quarter mile. Top speed is claimed to be a staggering 192mph.

Although we still don’t have any official details about the car’s new drivetrain, most are expecting to see a 3.8L V6 engine fed by a pair of turbochargers and mated to a dual-clutch gearbox with the latest ATESSA all-wheel drive setup. The car should measure in at 4,650mm in length and 1,920mm across. There’s rumored to be three different flavors of the new GT-R, starting with a 450hp entry-level model and ranging up to a 530hp flagship. This latter version is expected to be a stripped out racer with plenty of carbon-fiber and a track-tuned suspension.
    Motor Trend Opinions:
    "No Japanese car has a weight-to-power ratio below 4 kg/hp [8.8 lb/hp]," says Mizuno. With a target ratio of 3.7 kg/hp (8.1 lb/hp), and a desired weight of 1720 kg (3782 pounds) for this four-seater, the only solution was to create power and lots of it.

Bleeding-edge tech such as plasma-deposited cylinder linings and one-piece turbo/exhaust manifolds help produce 480 horses and 443 pound-feet of torque.Like the three generations of Skyline GT-R before it, the GT-R is powered by a twin-turbocharged and intercooled, six-cylinder engine, although this time the cylinders are arranged in a vee of aluminum instead of an inline block of iron. Displacement has jumped to 3.8 liters, but this isn't merely a bore-and-stroke job on the twin-throttle-body 3.7-liter V-6 found in the Infiniti G37 (itself a variant of the VQ35 3.5-liter V-6 Nissan put in everything from Altimas to Zs). Mizuno claims the GT-R's engine is vastly different, citing bleeding-edge technology like a friction-reducing plasma-deposited cylinder lining material that is said to be an industry first. Another first: Each of the two IHI turbocharger housings is integrated into its exhaust manifold to reduce weight, space, and heat loss. What's all this calculus good for? Mizuno says 480 horsepower and 443 pound-feet of torque on premium unleaded, though rumors abound that a lighter-weight, super-sport version making roughly 530 horses may make it to this country.
    2008 Nissan GT-R
    Base Price $60,000-80,000 (est)
    Vehicle Layout Front engine, AWD, 4-pass, 2-door coupe
    Engine 3.8L/480-hp (est) /432 lb-ft (est) twin-turbo DOHC 24-valve V6
    Transmission 6-speed auto-clutch manual
    Curb Weight 3800 lb (mfr)
    Wheelbase 109.4 in
    Length x Width x Height 183.1 x 74.6 x 54.0 in
    0-60 MPH 3.5 sec (mfr est)
    EPA City/HWY Econ 15/21 mpg (est)
    CO2 Emissions 1.13 lb/mi (est)
    On Sale In U.S. June 2008

Red
    2001 ws6

mathewaqui ..... the GT-R's are supposed to be 4,000 lbs. no?

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Yeah they wont be light, but i think they wil lbe nice cars, like i said i dotn trust the nissan v6s under extreme power like i do the inlines. As for the dual intake, cars have been running with dual intakes for years, some even have 6 throttle bodys. So its nothing new

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information