Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaqui View Post
    What do you think of this vehicle?
    I think since this vehicle has nothing to do with a Firebird, its moving to a more appropriate forum.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Black
    95' 240sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki_SeVeN View Post
    and it's a Turbo car... so you'll have to drive it pretty hard to get it to move
    Never been in a factory turbo car that had to be driven hard to get it to move, especially not a twin turbo, and I've owned a few. Most factory turbo cars have very little, if any, lag. Still not compareable to the under the curve power of most V8's, but by no means have to be driven hard. You should try it.

As far as the weight, yeah 3800 lbs is heavy, but 300 lbs difference is not that much in a production car. And considering this is an AWD car with and iron block and twin turbos, I'd say thats decent compared to some of the cars for sale today. A GTO for example.

Black
    2001 Trans AM WS6 M6

I dunno if any of you saw this new Issue of MOTOR TREND, that names the Skyline... as...

As fast as a 911 Turbo, priced like a Z06
    CORVETTE-KILLER
    0-60 in 3.5sec >> 11.7-sec Quarter >> Under $80k
    Nissan's 192-MPH GT-R Rewrites the supercar rulebook

OK we had this debate on another forum...

2007 Corvette Z06 is 0-60 in 3.7secs and 11.8sec 1/4 mile, how is that a corvette killer?

A 2005 Porsche 911 GT2 3.6secs 11.7 1/4 mile, seems pretty equal to me?

And those are quotes for the 2009 GT-R I'm sure by then the vette and porsche will be faster. So Motor Trend can go pound sand.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by 570SSX View Post
    Never been in a factory turbo car that had to be driven hard to get it to move, especially not a twin turbo, and I've owned a few. Most factory turbo cars have very little, if any, lag. Still not compareable to the under the curve power of most V8's, but by no means have to be driven hard. You should try it.

As far as the weight, yeah 3800 lbs is heavy, but 300 lbs difference is not that much in a production car. And considering this is an AWD car with and iron block and twin turbos, I'd say thats decent compared to some of the cars for sale today. A GTO for example.
    My buddy's TT Supra...is mostly stock...and it takes quite a bit of pedal to get it moving to normal traffic speed... more then I'd like to use... myself...

hm... and um... I just read that Skyline will be Paddle Shifted Auto... ... that sucks

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by Method View Post
    OK we had this debate on another forum...

2007 Corvette Z06 is 0-60 in 3.7secs and 11.8sec 1/4 mile, how is that a corvette killer?

A 2005 Porsche 911 GT2 3.6secs 11.7 1/4 mile, seems pretty equal to me?

And those are quotes for the 2009 GT-R I'm sure by then the vette and porsche will be faster. So Motor Trend can go pound sand.
    I completly Agree... Motor Trend often over exagerates things... plus um... 11.7 at 149.1 mph.... that's what it says on there... I dunno about in the states...but a Subaru STi that runs 9.5's here... traps 148 mph...

Black
    95' 240sx

My buddy's TT Supra...is mostly stock...and it takes quite a bit of pedal to get it moving to normal traffic speed... more then I'd like to use... myself...

hm... and um... I just read that Skyline will be Paddle Shifted Auto... ... that sucks
    Sounds like somethings wrong with it lol. Of course, those Supras weigh around 4000lbs

I hope they atleast offer it with a manual, that would be stupid not to. Who am I kidding, I love the new GTR's, but theres no way in hell I'd spend that kind of cash on one when I can pick up a C6 Z06.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Wink Preference

I'll try a test drive in it when it is for sale..... I have never been in a turbo car before..... from what I've heard, once it is running, acceleration through the turbo gives you a super boost...... I'm sure this Nissan is comparable to the Carrera Turbo V6.

By the way.....if there is a Ford Pinto that's kicking out 800 horses with a V6.... would you want to own it? hahahaha When it comes down to it... I think many rather have looks over power, especially in the city.

When it comes to Horsepower over gas mileage, I think most prefer mileage these days when a gallon may hit 4 or 5 bucks, especially if you are driving 50 plus miles a day.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs down Garaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaged ;(

A couple point of a second is not much to brag about... but I think it comes down to the price tag........then again, a 3/11 second vehicle would not be a daily driven car. All the fun in driving is gone.......................

Many TA owners don't drive their vehicle every day either.................

I completly Agree... Motor Trend often over exagerates things... plus um... 11.7 at 149.1 mph.... that's what it says on there... I dunno about in the states...but a Subaru STi that runs 9.5's here... traps 148 mph...

Red
    2001 ws6

first off.....who knows if this is even coming out.....2ndly, i dont know how much more you would be able to add to a car like this, being its a 6 cyl. and already twin turboed, add a twin turbo to a T/A and u have over 480hp for under 80,000......im not sure im sold on this idea

81 camaro
    2001 trans am ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Heartbreak1 View Post
    Give me the keys to your T/A. You don't deserve to drive it if you want one of those sushi rockets.
    i just appreciatea nice car thats all. i would still keep my T/A but any car that comes with 430 hp out factory is good in my book

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Looks gay as hell...like something straight out of transformers, where they forgot to round off all the sharp edges of the bodywork. Front end also looks suspiciously similar to the New Mitsubitchi Evo X.

80K for a Nissan G35 with twin turbos, automatic, and a 3800lbs curb weight. You've got to be kidding me

And they say its a Corvette killer?? Yea, maybe if they made a V6 Corvette, then it might have a chance. You're on crack if you think a 3800lb automatic pig of a car with crappy V6 turbo powerband is going to outrun a 505+HP Z06 that weighs 3200lbs with 6 speed manual to boot.

Red
    2001 ws6

whoever says corvette killer is on crack....its a dirvers race for 1 or 2 tenths of a second

Black
    95' 240sx

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    first off.....who knows if this is even coming out.....2ndly, i dont know how much more you would be able to add to a car like this, being its a 6 cyl. and already twin turboed, add a twin turbo to a T/A and u have over 480hp for under 80,000......im not sure im sold on this idea
    This car has been in development for longer than the new camaro, it's well documented that it will be in production. The Skyline GTR has always been about more than just hp. Its easily the one of the most successful platforms in racing worldwide, especially in Japan of course.

As far as the motor, factory turbo motors are usually easier and cheaper to pull larger amounts of addition power from in most situations. And the motor its derived from has already been tested to 1800+ hp. I garuantee you'll see 800 hp versions of these immediately after they come out, considering all they'll have to do is up the boost and add a few bolt ons.

But I do agree that its to pricey.

Red
    2001 ws6

keep the jap cars in japan.....there not supporting our economy by buying american cars.....but we have dumbass people in this coutnry supporting there economy by buying there cars......dumb

black trans am

i cant wait till i see one runing a around.. ill get to add it to the kill list ..hahah by the time i see one of them ill be faster. as i sit now im dead in the watter..lol any ways what about the corvette ss ??? any one have and idea on numbers.. 0-60 -0-100-0 1/4 top speed.. and price

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    actually they said there should be a ... "V-Spec"... version... that will be pusing 550HP... and will be a little lighter...

for those who don't enjoy modding on their own...and wanna pay up the ars for it...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Ok, I know this thread is about the GT-R, but more along the lines of the new Camaro and domestic vs. domestic, has anyone read about this?
    http://www.caranddriver.com/carnews/...per-snake.html

Black
    2001 Trans AM WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by NvyBluMtlc02WS6 View Post
    Ok, I know this thread is about the GT-R, but more along the lines of the new Camaro and domestic vs. domestic, has anyone read about this?
    http://www.caranddriver.com/carnews/...per-snake.html
    Meh, a car they'll make 100 of is is hardly a concern, specially when you pay $90K for a FORD!

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

This car has been in development for longer than the new camaro, it's well documented that it will be in production. The Skyline GTR has always been about more than just hp. Its easily the one of the most successful platforms in racing worldwide, especially in Japan of course.
    According to who?? I love these blanket statements, that is merely your opinion, nothing more.

As far as the motor, factory turbo motors are usually easier and cheaper to pull larger amounts of addition power from in most situations. And the motor its derived from has already been tested to 1800+ hp. I garuantee you'll see 800 hp versions of these immediately after they come out, considering all they'll have to do is up the boost and add a few bolt ons.
    Where has this been documanted?? Sounds like you're just pulling numbers out of thin air. Its an aluminum Nissan VQ, bullshit it was "tested to 1800HP". There is no way in hell the car will support 800HP either, you can kiss that automatic trans goodbye as well as the rest of the AWD drivetrain

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Where has this been documanted?? Sounds like you're just pulling numbers out of thin air. Its an aluminum Nissan VQ, bullshit it was "tested to 1800HP". There is no way in hell the car will support 800HP either, you can kiss that automatic trans goodbye as well as the rest of the AWD drivetrain
    um, according to the Nissan Managment... (per Motor Trend)... they say it's completely redesigned from the normal VQ bullshit...and will be a much stronger motor as it stands... probably not 1800hp...LOL... but easilly 1000hp... I mean G35's have been known to get to 900whp... in some ocasions... anything is posible if the money is right... ya know?!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information