Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Kid wants to race me

My cousin's friend has a 93' Lt1 Firehawk with Corsa exhaust, LT's, ported heads, roller rockers, and a chip. It's an A4. I met the kid once, and the first thing he MFe'r said to me was "my car would beat yours." It looked pretty nice so I asked him what he had done to it, and he told me all the mods I just listed. I said it would probably be a good race, and then asked him what he runs in the 1/4, and he said 14.1!!!! I've never actually taken my car to the track, but my friend has an 00' WS6, and runs 13.2 and every time we race on the highway (from a stop or roll) I usually beat him by a car or so. Not always, but usually, and I think I can run at least as good or better.

Now I had never met this kid before, and I'm a really laid back, respectful, and easy goin guy....unless you act like a dick to me, or talk shit....Like this kid!!! So I laughed in his face and told him where to go! And my cousin and all his other friends kept tryin to push the issue, but I told them that they'd never win, and to just drop it until we actually race. I actually almost got into a fight with this little bitch and his buddies (which I probably could've taken by myself lol) cause they just kept runnin and runnin and runnin their mouth's!!! Can't wait to blast his ass at the track next year!!!! What a dipshit, can't even do simple math!

Black
    2000 Z-28

No illegal street racing for you then?? lol
    Vote for Pedro.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by Johns00Z28 View Post
    No illegal street racing for you then?? lol
    haha...not necissarily, but It was raining...so I didn't think it was a good idea lol. And street racing is illegal...I mean, who would do that haha

Black
    2000 Z-28

Yeah but it would just suck to have to wait until what, March or April of next year to shut this kids mouth up. Maybe see if he'll drive down to Florida and you can do it legally at a drag strip....haha

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

I wouldn't get too cocky. That LT1 might just be faster...

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

I say let the cars do the talking!!!!

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

I dont think your going to have a problem. Race him and crush his ego.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Arnold View Post
    I wouldn't get too cocky. That LT1 might just be faster...
    He'll be faster if I miss a gear, or break something, but other than that no way...he actually showed me a bunch of time slips, best of them being 14.1...and you don't understand my cousin and his friends....always talking shit and telling ridiculous stories and tall tales. You'd have to hear some of em to really know what I'm talkin about, but I'm laughing now just thinking of some of them lol! Just for example, my cousin has a 91 300zx TT with intake and exhaust (quick car) and kept talkin shit on me, till I beat his ass by like 6 cars...5 times in a row (from a dead stop) and he finally accepted reality. This is the same car he says beats terminators and one even blew his camshaft right out of the motor!!! No lie, that's exactly what he said!!!

And Sleeper101 is right! What's a bunch of trash talk without proof! I'll have to get a camera and tape it for you guys. And another reason I don't wanna run at a track or race right now is that my rear is actin up. Savin for a 9" this winter and hope to have it by spring!!! Unless he mods the hell out of that car or gets N20, I know I can beat him cause I'm the better driver, and he is a lying little rectum ranger! HAHA!!

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Ok. I just don't buy "ported heads" on a car that runs 14.1. Full exhaust, roller rockers, a chip, and ported heads? Exhaust is superficial... a bolt-on. Roller rockers, porting heads, and a chip just seems a little strange without other things like a cam, a lid, throttle body, etc...

If his car can't go faster than 14.1 then of course you'll win. Sometimes people will talk shit and then tell you that their 400rwhp car makes 350 at the crank and runs high 13s (it helps to know the dyno operator in my area). Those are people that are trying to make money or lure people into a race.

Chris

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Ok. I just don't buy "ported heads" on a car that runs 14.1. Full exhaust, roller rockers, a chip, and ported heads? Exhaust is superficial... a bolt-on. Roller rockers, porting heads, and a chip just seems a little strange without other things like a cam, a lid, throttle body, etc...
    It is hard to think this setup will only go that fast, but also you know how young kids like to drive or think they know how to drive! possibly this kid is eating the tires off at the line b/c he only knows how to go wide open and not actually driving the car to its potential!!! Trust me im young too 21 and I have buddies that think they can drive too but I set back and laugh!! Its also very possible he was running street tires too and we all know street tires suck on a track!!

If your rear-end is already acting up! take no chances! he will use it to his advantage get you all worked up and you kill your car @ the line with a dead rear!! I have seen it too many times! I have done it myself.

Have you ever run your car at the track?

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    Have you ever run your car at the track?
    Never Run at the track and will probably be on street tires (just like him). I know I gotta learn how to launch, and that will be my biggest obstacle; Reaction time and Launch. And it didn't make sense to me when he told me he had ported heads too. I did ask him about a cam, and he said nope, just ported heads and roller rocker...??? My post would have been like 2 miles long if I'd've included everything, and I figured it would be easier to just break it up into small chunks like we are now. Like I said, I'm not a cocky dick, and I realize that I will need some practice to be good at the track, but that doesn't mean I won't smoke his ass if I run half decent.

And my buddy who I told you runs 13.2 - 13.3 consistently; He ran a 13.886 missing 3rd 2 weeks ago, and he filled up his car right before he went to the track HAHA. His reaction time was .205, and 60ft 2.525. Bad clutch, almost full tank of gas, and his car has a lid and a Yucky Flowmaster catback.

I am pretty much stock, Volant CAI, Smooth Bellows, TB coolant bypass, (LS6 intake obviously cause 01') and magnaflow catback.

I'm thinkin about LT's, cam, ORY and a tune (along with 9" rear) too, but I wanna race hime before and after the bolt ons so it'll be fair.

And You're right too, Chris Arnold. He may have had better times but just not showing me them. I'll post vids in the spring!!!

Black
    2000 Z-28

Well once you get that 9" installed you should be able to get some sticky tires like ET Streets or at least some drag radials and hopefully launch on him.

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Haha, this guy sounds pretty wack. We could both take him! Saturday's weather is lookin pretty good for a cruise

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

y the hell wold u port the heads w/o a cam? 14.1 with all that stuff listed?? U will kill him

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by TempleU_WS6 View Post
    Haha, this guy sounds pretty wack. We could both take him! Saturday's weather is lookin pretty good for a cruise
    haha if you feel like drivin to Pennsville, NJ we could get him to race lol. But hell yea, this time Saturday is a definate!!! I've made sure my schedule is clear!!! I'll call ya on Friday to confirm a time and place where we can meet.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    y the hell wold u port the heads w/o a cam? 14.1 with all that stuff listed?? U will kill him
    Hey you live in Jersey, tell this kid to shut up till spring haha. and I don't know why you'd port heads w/o cam. Doesn't make sense to me either, unless he did it and doesn't know anything about building hp and to anyone who doesn't know better, it sounds badass.

1998 Firebird Formula WS6

wait ported heads roller rockers and a chip but no dyno tune i think he is blowing smoke

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

I tell everyone I run mid 14s lol

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    haha if you feel like drivin to Pennsville, NJ we could get him to race lol. But hell yea, this time Saturday is a definate!!! I've made sure my schedule is clear!!! I'll call ya on Friday to confirm a time and place where we can meet.
    Nice! I got a good drive in mind. 401 out to Sonic in Morgantown. Were gonna have to hit um some two lane roads too, Rt 322 might be good.

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

be carefull, i've seen plenty of first timers in LS1 (at the track) powered cars in the 14.xx's. The reaction time alone can kill you. Its harder than you think at first. You do have a lot of room for error, but the odds are you are gonna error, just depends on how much.

Thats not a bash or anything, I ran pretty horrible my first couple times down the track, as have all my friends.

Thread Information