Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Red
    2001 ws6

add a s/c to the T/A and the T/A walks an 03 cobra

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

just add displacement (5.4, i dunno, this is all hypothetical stupid talk anyways) and that Cobra walks that T/A. Or maybe it doesn't. Sounds like envy to me. why settle for a supercharger? why not add a turbo? the point is they didnt do anything. Ford won. big woopty do. Why care? I know I don't care. I dont invest in ford, and a car is a depreciating asset, I hope you dont consider your car an investment. why stay so loyal to a corporation thats just out for a profit from the get go?... and anywayz, who leaves their car stock? run what you brung.

12.718 @ 117.47

Red
    2001 ws6

all im saying is with a S/C a 98-02 T/A will walk a 03 cobra.....take a S/C away from a 03 cobra and they get walked as well

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

take away the T/A's displacement and it's not goin anywhere either. so what? whats the argument? the 4.6 is closer in size to the v6 camaro's than the LS1. do you think the LS1 would be making more power if it were limited to 4.6 L.? are you mad that GM didn't supercharge the FBod? Whatever power you can imagine from a supercharged LS1 can be done on a modular. shit, you can make the same power in a turbo'ed v6. You can go ahead and throw an aftermarket supercharger on your LS1 and throw the same one on the 4.6 DOHC cobra motor. the 4.6 will handle it reliably, you think the hyper pistons / powdered metal rods of the LS1 will hold for long?

I really dont get your argument. You have to just run what you brung.
    Last edited by TrickStang37; 11-27-2007 at 12:50 AM.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

TransAm11973 has been banned from the thread. anyone else?
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

thanks mrr23

Cayenne Red Metallic
    98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    Ford couldnt have just upped the CI, the engines are huge (not displacement wise) as it is. There is very little room to grow in the modular. It's not about "developing". Also, you can compare an 02 F Bod to an 03 Cobra, your only talking one year difference.
    Yeah, but the Cobra was more money and has a supercharger. It is not the LS1s fault that Ford went to such a huge, small displacement engine. Ford has the technology to develope a smaller bigger displacement engine. 351 maybe? Like I said as well, most regular people compare Z28 to GT.

I just have a little bit of an issue with someone saying a supercharged Cobra can hang with a non supercharged f-body. I really dont care, I have enough done to mine to pull on most Mustangs and f-bodies alike, I just think it is unfair to compare a supercharged engine to a non s/c engine. A basic s/c with very small boost will put an LS1 over 400rwhp, completely stock otherwise.

I grew up in the 80s, and I used to like Mustangs. It was the owners I didnt like. I was never a GM fan at all. Then I drove an LT1 and was hooked. Compared to what was offered up to that point, they were amazing. Then the LS1 came into play. I dont plan to get rid of it anytime soon. Not for a hugely expensive supercharged Cobra or Termi. I will save the money and keep modding mine.
    http://www.fquick.com/mnypitZ
    98 Z28 a little here and a little there
    03 Saab 9-5 ARC
    80 Triumph TR7

Red
    2001 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by mnypitZ View Post
    I just think it is unfair to compare a supercharged engine to a non s/c engine. A basic s/c with very small boost will put an LS1 over 400rwhp, completely stock otherwise.

all im sayin

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

yeah, sometimes it does seem a little unfair when i race some LS1's, but thats what happens when these drivers try to bite off more than they can chew.No two cars can really be fairly compared,they both always offer different things. Sure the Cobra costs a bit more, but when the WS6 and SS came out, they werent cheap either.

P.S- So by what youre saying, my Galaxie with a trick flow headed 533 cubic inch naturally aspirated engine (almost complete) is more of a fair comparison to the LS1 because its naturally aspirated?
    Last edited by TrickStang37; 11-27-2007 at 01:48 PM.

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

.......It is not the LS1s fault that Ford went to such a huge, small displacement engine........
    so its fords fault that GM decided that they chose to keep it naturally aspirated? I dont really understand where youre trying to go with this discussion. All that matters is who wins really, if it makes some people feel better that their car is naturally aspirated when they lose to a SC'd car, then more power to them, ive had races (in other cars) where ive been walked on HARD, personally i think winning races always feels better than losing them, and having more power usually helps.

Cayenne Red Metallic
    98 Z28

yeah, sometimes it does seem a little unfair when i race some LS1's, but thats what happens when these drivers try to bite off more than they can chew.No two cars can really be fairly compared,they both always offer different things. Sure the Cobra costs a bit more, but when the WS6 and SS came out, they werent cheap either.

P.S- So by what youre saying, my Galaxie with a trick flow headed 533 cubic inch naturally aspirated engine (almost complete) is more of a fair comparison to the LS1 because its naturally aspirated?
    No I think I should just get a supercharger myself and be done with it.

Well yes, the WS6 and SS, in my opinion, should be more than what they are. Yeah there more collectable than a Z28 or TA, but I think they should have more power. When you compare a stock SS to a Cobra, now that is fair, but there is still the s/c. GM dropped the ball on that in my opinion. Now had they progressed into 03 with the fbody maybe they would have gotten the 6.0, and who knows.

You will notice, though, that I am the one that posted the link to the turbo V6. You can make a brick fly with enough horsepower. But lets all face it, there are very few that are willing to go that far. I think my 400rwhp is good, but it wont be long til I do something else to it. No matter how fast, I always get bored after a while.

1998 Firebird Formula WS6

i think a lot of ls1 owners are jealous gm did not make a boosted lsx motor like ford did with their 4 valve motors and a lot of ford owners are jealous of the speed of the ls1 for the price of the car, and the low cost of modding it. But now gm is making a factory boosted ls9 so we will see where that turns up.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 180ls1 View Post
    i think a lot of ls1 owners are jealous gm did not make a boosted lsx motor like ford did with their 4 valve motors and a lot of ford owners are jealous of the speed of the ls1 for the price of the car, and the low cost of modding it. But now gm is making a factory boosted ls9 so we will see where that turns up.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

see- an f-body was designed to compete with the regular GT which it kills, quite well. even on the new ponys. but the i think the termy was to go head to head with the vette. which it is right there with it... minus the zo6

Black
    1994 Z28 SOLD 2000 GT

Heres the deal, Ford coined the name Terminator because the car was built to crush the fbody cars. Which it does. People saw that it was still competition with a corvette so it was upped a lvl by the GM following not by Ford.

The only car built in the vettes league was the GT and it cost a ton more.

As for taking away the s/c from the cobra.....have you ever seen a Mach1? The compression is bumped back up to a normal N/A car and it will run with a LS1, winning some and losing some. That car was a drivers race. Any person that is not a brand nutcase knows this.

I have owned a few lt1s and a 2000 GT. I will also have a 09 Camaro so I swing both ways on this and call it like it is.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by zaddiction27 View Post
    so I swing both ways.

Cayenne Red Metallic
    98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by zaddiction27 View Post
    Heres the deal, Ford coined the name Terminator because the car was built to crush the fbody cars. Which it does. People saw that it was still competition with a corvette so it was upped a lvl by the GM following not by Ford.

The only car built in the vettes league was the GT and it cost a ton more.

As for taking away the s/c from the cobra.....have you ever seen a Mach1? The compression is bumped back up to a normal N/A car and it will run with a LS1, winning some and losing some. That car was a drivers race. Any person that is not a brand nutcase knows this.

I have owned a few lt1s and a 2000 GT. I will also have a 09 Camaro so I swing both ways on this and call it like it is.

OK so the terminator cost as much as a Corvette but was built to compete with a f-body, and the GT was meant to compete with a Corvette, but also costs way more. OK I am convinced, I will stick with an f-body and use the extra money I saved to build the shit out of it. Oh, right, I am allready doing that. Lets see what 09 brings.

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

OK so the terminator cost as much as a Corvette but was built to compete with a f-body, and the GT was meant to compete with a Corvette, but also costs way more. OK I am convinced, I will stick with an f-body and use the extra money I saved to build the shit out of it. Oh, right, I am allready doing that. Lets see what 09 brings.
    the SS/WS6 costs WAY more than a non-cobra mustang and was built to compete with it. The Cobra costs a bit more than the SS thats all.

Magnetic
    2016 Shelby GT350

the SS/WS6 costs WAY more than a non-cobra mustang and was built to compete with it. The Cobra costs a bit more than the SS thats all.
    My '04 Cobra coupe had a MSRP of around $34,000.00.
    '01 BMW 330ci: Race it in a modified class in BMW CCA Club Racing and NASA endurance races.
    '04 Lincoln LS V8 Sport: Stock.
    '04 Mustang Cobra coupe (white/gray): Modified.

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

2002WS6 MSRP was $31,185 for 2003 the Cobra coupe MSRP was $33,300, pretty close, enough to be comparable.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information