Red
    2000 Z28

Crazy wreck on Saturday

On Sat. I was standing in front of my friends house and saw two cars (Accord Vs. Saturn, I think) trying to keep each other from passing while driving down a two lane road with one, then the other driving on the wrong side of the double yellow line while doing about 90. The second they got out of my line of sight, I heard that sound that I'm sure some of you on here have heard before..Screeching tires and crashing metal from about two hundred yards away. I yelled to my buddy to call 911 and I took off up the street to the crash scene. I got there first before all the neighbors started coming out of their houses and the guy was crawling out of his upside down car through the now shattered rear windshield. He was covered in blood. His brother was driving the other car and came running from where he stopped about a quarter mile up the road. He told me he was his brother and was driving the other car, and then denied it when the cops got there.

Apparantly one of the cars barely clipped the other. The wrecked car was literally wraped around a telephone pole with the passenger door being the impact point, after the car flipped several times and uprooted a 30 ft telephone pole like it was a lawn dart. The passenger door was crushed over halfway into the car and I have no doubt that if there was a passenger, or if the drivers side was the impact point they would be dead. But this guy walked away. He may be in the hospital overnight, but he is basically OK. He was one of the lucky ones.

I've done my share of street racing (even smoked an RS at 145) but seeing this happen in front of my face, the danger became really, really real. Seeing such a minor mistake cause the damage that I saw brought it all home, and I will NEVER race again. I'm not telling you guys not to race, but at least be extra safe out there.

Blue/Yellow/White
    95 T/A 383

There is a difference between fucking around on the streets and street racing.

I don't play those games usually, because I don't feel it necessary to dance with death that way. If you're gunna dance, make sure you know all the steps before gettin' down, if not you could very well end up like those guys. If you're not comfortable doing that shit though, it begs the question, why own a muscle car? The adrenaline is everything the way I see it, kinda like a drug, if you die while shootin' up your daily dose of adrenaline, oh well. We all know the risks.

Everyone, I know it's been said but I'll say it again, stay safe and be smart, it'll tack on years to our lives. We all know the risks, but that doesn't mean we should be stupid about it.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

I have a friend from high school that wasn't street racing, but tried passing 8 cars on a short straight-away and at the end it goes over a slight hill. Well he got to the hill and thought he could make it, but a car came over the hill, he swerved, went off the road, and hit a tree on the passenger side. The bad thing about that, is his girlfriend was in the passenger seat when he hit the tree at 105mph (his speedo was stuck at this speed, and it was printed in the local paper) and killed her on impact. He was in a coma for about 2 weeks and had to go through many surgeries as well as physical and speech therapy, and he's still pretty messed up.

17 years old (his GF was 18) and he got his brand new Mach 1 Mustang like 3 months before. What a damn shame. That is why I NEVER mess around liek that with anyone else in my car. I hate to crack it open (especially going over 100) when my girlfiend is in the car, even if she wants me to. I couldn't imagine having her die and me have to live with that for the rest of my life, or anyone else for that matter. I know I'm only 20, but that's way different than being 18 (when I probably wouldn't think twice about it) and maybe understanding the repercussions of your actions.

But I love smashin my right foot to the floor, and ripping through gears when I'm by myself, and the conditions warrant it.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

never speed/race with passengers.........never drive fast in curves......dont mind nailing it in the straights with little/no traffic

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedAddict38 View Post
    never speed/race with passengers.........never drive fast in curves......dont mind nailing it in the straights with little/no traffic
    Amen Brotha

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromaniacal View Post

I don't play those games usually, because I don't feel it necessary to dance with death that way. If you're gunna dance, make sure you know all the steps before gettin' down, if not you could very well end up like those guys.
    x1000!!! I will streetrace if it's on a deserted road or the interstate at a 60+ roll... but I won't ever go faster than it takes to see who's gonna pull on who (usually me )

There is a difference between streetracing to see who's faster and driving like a complete fucking idiot which is an awesome way to get your shit wrecked.

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Last month 3 seniors from my old High School wrecked on a curvy road near my house. They were doing about 70-90mph in a 35 because theres this hill that makes your stomach jump when you go over it. This speed combined the hill made the suspension go out in the kids 97 integra and they slammed a tree hitting the driver side. The driver was killed instantly, the one in the passenger seat who's a good friend of mine was taken to the hospital in critical condition and the other was in the hospital for only a week or so. All of them were 18.

The one who was in the hospital is out and still going through rehabilitation. It definitely sucks to see people go for doing stupid stuff like that.

Heres a picture of the crash,

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by BeaupreFan View Post
    On Sat. I was standing in front of my friends house and saw two cars (Accord Vs. Saturn, I think) trying to keep each other from passing while driving down a two lane road with one, then the other driving on the wrong side of the double yellow line while doing about 90. The second they got out of my line of sight, I heard that sound that I'm sure some of you on here have heard before..Screeching tires and crashing metal from about two hundred yards away. I yelled to my buddy to call 911 and I took off up the street to the crash scene. I got there first before all the neighbors started coming out of their houses and the guy was crawling out of his upside down car through the now shattered rear windshield. He was covered in blood. His brother was driving the other car and came running from where he stopped about a quarter mile up the road. He told me he was his brother and was driving the other car, and then denied it when the cops got there.

Apparantly one of the cars barely clipped the other. The wrecked car was literally wraped around a telephone pole with the passenger door being the impact point, after the car flipped several times and uprooted a 30 ft telephone pole like it was a lawn dart. The passenger door was crushed over halfway into the car and I have no doubt that if there was a passenger, or if the drivers side was the impact point they would be dead. But this guy walked away. He may be in the hospital overnight, but he is basically OK. He was one of the lucky ones.

I've done my share of street racing (even smoked an RS at 145) but seeing this happen in front of my face, the danger became really, really real. Seeing such a minor mistake cause the damage that I saw brought it all home, and I will NEVER race again. I'm not telling you guys not to race, but at least be extra safe out there.
    idiots...

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

see, that's excatly why I never race in traffic... or small roads... I might cut through traffic pretty fast...but I never punch it I just let momentum take me.... those guys where dumbasses... who in their right mind races like that?... more and more kids these days bite the big one from hauling ass in places where they shouldn't... it's a shame really... cause most of them had something to offer to their comunity and such...

P.S.- it's not a case of NOT racing/Speedin... cause at 55miles per hour if you hit something the right way you're dead anyways... it's all in HOW you do it...and KEEPING you CAR in CONTROL... don't let fear Guide you... just keep it in the back of your mind so you don't do something stupid and suicidal...

Red
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki_SeVeN View Post
    see, that's excatly why I never race in traffic... or small roads... I might cut through traffic pretty fast...but I never punch it I just let momentum take me.... those guys where dumbasses... who in their right mind races like that?... more and more kids these days bite the big one from hauling ass in places where they shouldn't... it's a shame really... cause most of them had something to offer to their comunity and such...

P.S.- it's not a case of NOT racing/Speedin... cause at 55miles per hour if you hit something the right way you're dead anyways... it's all in HOW you do it...and KEEPING you CAR in CONTROL... don't let fear Guide you... just keep it in the back of your mind so you don't do something stupid and suicidal...
    See, that's the thing though. You may be a good driver, but you never know about the other guy. And even great drivers have blowouts, lose power steering, swerve from a deer, misjudge your depth perception and cut back into traffic too quick...anything. I always knew the danger behind the races I've won (I would mention the races I lost, but there never were any ) But just seeing two guys screwing around one second, and hearing and seeing what I saw literally 2 seconds later made that danger that I always knew about really real, and I realized that I knew nothing about that danger at all. It was just some word. "danger". An abstract concept. But I now have that image burned into my brain of what can REALLY happen. Even on an interstate with no other cars on the road but the guy you're racing. Yeah, that can happen at 55, but real harm is obviously much more likely at high speeds with another high speed car involved. When I was some 18 year old kid who had nothing to live for, I might have bown this off and said 'those guys were just dumb and I know how to handle my shit. I know how to get my daily dose of adrenaline, and if something happens, oh well, we all know the dangers'....but I'm not some kid. I have a wife and a couple kids to live for and have a new understanding of what can happen in literally two seconds and one really minor judgment error.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by BeaupreFan View Post
    See, that's the thing though. You may be a good driver, but you never know about the other guy. And even great drivers have blowouts, lose power steering, swerve from a deer, misjudge your depth perception and cut back into traffic too quick...anything. I always knew the danger behind the races I've won (I would mention the races I lost, but there never were any ) But just seeing two guys screwing around one second, and hearing and seeing what I saw literally 2 seconds later made that danger that I always knew about really real, and I realized that I knew nothing about that danger at all. It was just some word. "danger". An abstract concept. But I now have that image burned into my brain of what can REALLY happen. Even on an interstate with no other cars on the road but the guy you're racing. Yeah, that can happen at 55, but real harm is obviously much more likely at high speeds with another high speed car involved. When I was some 18 year old kid who had nothing to live for, I might have bown this off and said 'those guys were just dumb and I know how to handle my shit. I know how to get my daily dose of adrenaline, and if something happens, oh well, we all know the dangers'....but I'm not some kid. I have a wife and a couple kids to live for and have a new understanding of what can happen in literally two seconds and one really minor judgment error.
    I see your point... yeah it makes sense... you never know what kinda suicidal psycho path your racing against... that might have some sort of wierd death wish...

most times lately when I do race it's against buddys of mine who I trust to drive safely cause they care about themselfs just as much as they care for their cars.... in a wide open course in which we don't pass 100mph... other then that... I like to hit the Track alot... feels alot safer... then just street racing...and it only costs $10 to beat the crap out of your car...all night long

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromaniacal View Post

I don't play those games usually, because I don't feel it necessary to dance with death that way. If you're gunna dance, make sure you know all the steps before gettin' down, if not you could very well end up like those guys. If you're not comfortable doing that shit though, it begs the question, why own a muscle car? The adrenaline is everything the way I see it, kinda like a drug, if you die while shootin' up your daily dose of adrenaline, oh well. We all know the risks.

Everyone, I know it's been said but I'll say it again, stay safe and be smart, it'll tack on years to our lives. We all know the risks, but that doesn't mean we should be stupid about it.
    well said my friend well said........

metallic pewter
    2001 WS.6 Trans Am

the only place I ever street race is on the interstate when there is not much traffic here usually after 10 pm and its rare I do that. I would never race on regular streets red light to red light because if I or the other guy fucks up I don't want to know that I caused someone to be killed because I wanted to have a little fun. go to the track, its much safer and the price is a hell of a lot cheaper than a ticket or a funeral

Magnetic
    2016 Shelby GT350

Quote Originally Posted by dlmeadows View Post
    the only place I ever street race is on the interstate when there is not much traffic here usually after 10 pm and its rare I do that. I would never race on regular streets red light to red light because if I or the other guy fucks up I don't want to know that I caused someone to be killed because I wanted to have a little fun. go to the track, its much safer and the price is a hell of a lot cheaper than a ticket or a funeral
    +1000
    '01 BMW 330ci: Race it in a modified class in BMW CCA Club Racing and NASA endurance races.
    '04 Lincoln LS V8 Sport: Stock.
    '04 Mustang Cobra coupe (white/gray): Modified.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

I was racing an Audi S4 w/ no traffic on a highway and we just started going over a big bridge and this car came out of nowhere and jumped in front of me, well I cut to the left than a hard right and before I knew it, I was going sideways over the entire bridge and finally recovered towards the end. I pretty much drifted the whole bridge. It might sound cool, but I'm so thankful everyday that I walked away from that, and didn't total out my car.

Thread Information