Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    10's N/A

Wow buddy, you've sure got a lot of testosterone pumping there. Never bothers me though, it's simple entertainment

Oh yeah, your comment (oops!): First off, BLKCLOUD (I prefer nicknames if you know what I mean) is a very respectable guy. We've wen't back and fourth on several occasions, some where he has proven me to be wrong, others the exact opposite. And you know what, it's all respectable. If you asked Bob right now he would tell you that I know my stuff. Heck, weren't you scanning through my posts? You should have came across the post that mentioned my previous '90 GT - Like I said (and i'll say it one last time) - Been there, Done that. Nothings new here, especially 'ol foxbody 5-0's.

Just like how Evan Smith went 12.80's in a stock LS1 Z28, how many guys do you know that are doing that? That's what I thought. And most cammed ONLY 5-0 Mustangs will be running in the 13-second bracket - not mid 12's.

Thank you for your time!
    Jay
    Last edited by N20LT4; 11-16-2007 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Spell check
    486/438
    10.68/127 N/A

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Wow buddy, you've sure got a lot of testosterone pumping there. Never bothers me though, it's simple entertainment
    Again, I apologize. I see that I'm getting too aggressive lately. It might have something to do with the IED that took 4 guys in my unit a few days ago. They weren't friends, and I didn't know 'em all that well or anything, but it still sucks, and so do these 7-day ass-busting irregularly scheduled work weeks.

Ok, I'll try to calm down and explain my frustration with your comments. There's a big difference between saying:

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    I beg to differ. A cammed 5.0 with stock heads and intake will not go mid 12's. No way. Not without heads of some kind.
    and saying:

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4
    And most cammed ONLY Mustangs will be running in the 13-second bracket - not mid 12's.
    If you know your stuff, you wouldn't say things like the first quote. I wasn't researching your comments in the past, and had no idea that you owned a '90 GT. I was actually looking up Bob's post to see if I could find his accomplishments. About 5 years ago (I'm surprised it's been so long), Bob used to have a personal website up with his cookie-cutter 12 second fox-body recipe. It didn't say anything about a cam. I've got it saved on my hard drive back in the states, but if I recall correctly it went something like:

Gears, slicks, Long-tube headers, bumped timing, a short-belt, and maybe pullies. If I'm not mistaken Bob also fabbed his own CAI using a cut funnel in the place of the passenger-side headlight, and ran some type of hose back to the MAF - that might be someone else's trick that I'm remembering, though. What else? No, I think that was about it. We'd have to check with him, though. That list seems a little light to get to 12s.

Chris

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Dont forget drag radials

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

CRAP, you're right. But it wasn't drag-radials, it was slicks.... Bob is old, lol. Back in his day, they didn't have drag radials.

Edit: Wait, I did say slicks... see previous post.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Maybe he had drag radials and slicks at the same time

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

LOL. Some more funny stuff here.

First, putting just a cam in an otherwise stock 5.0 will net very minimal gains, perhaps 10-15 RWHP....20 RWHP if you're lucky, get something custom vice an alphabet soup variety, and have a competant tuner. Because of this, very few 5.0 owners put just a cam in a 5.0 without also modifying or swapping the heads and intake.

340 RWHP....even 360 RWHP is possible with H/C/I 5.0s, but rather rare and probably won't have real good street manners. 290-320 RWHP is much more common, and will move a lightweight fox-body with quite a bit of authority, properly driven, and with traction.

I agree that most "cam-only" 5.0s will be running 13s (some probably not even that). See first statement about putting a cam in an otherwise stock 5.0. But....you don't have to have a cam to run 12s, and I'm sure there is an example or two that have gone 12s with "just a cam", though again, doing that level of modification is pretty rare, for all the reasons mentioned above.

87-92 5.0s came with forged pistons from the factory. However, forged pistons are pretty much unnecessary for most n/a applications.

Finally, my 88 5.0 went 12.52 (an numerous 12.5x & 12.6x passes) with stock unported heads/intake, and the stock cam. Full interior car.

http://members.cox.net/bobcosby/stang/chrono.html

Thread Information