Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Known rip offs

iTrader

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Yeah I filed a dispute with paypal, but because I bought it off LS1 they said they couldn't do anything

iTrader

Purple
    1998 T/A convertable

Just a warning, paypal may file in your favor, but if teh scammer has closed out his bank account or has no money in it with no overdraft protection, they WON'T do anything. You will need your CC to file it against paypal. I had this happen to me, the item eventually did show up, but paypal told me I signed away my right to file against them when I signed up. They basically told me, yeah you're right, but we can't get your $ back from him, and we're sure as hell not paying out of pocket.

iTrader
    2 (100%)

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Paypal is not as great as everyone thinks-check this out http://www.aboutpaypal.org/paypal_claim_scam

iTrader
    2 (100%)

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

bump

iTrader
    2 (100%)

Bright Red
    99 Firehawk #157 Roadster

u might want to see also;
    http://www.paypalsucks.com/

iTrader
    3 (100%)

blue
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Paypal is not all it's cracked up to be. They found in my favor but their was no money in the sellers account to pay me. I ended up calling my cc company and doing a charge back against paypal. It took several months but I did get my money back.

iTrader
    2 (100%)

Bright Red
    99 Firehawk #157 Roadster

And if you sell something and get paid via paypal, dont dare take a credit card, they could come back on you in 2 months and the bank back charge you if they find in the other guys favor...

iTrader

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Yeah, I don't know what to do I want this guy to get kicked off this site or at least have his name plastered every where so everyone knows to stay away from this asshole

Awaiting Activation
    iTrader
    2 (100%)
    well my refund still hasn't cleared. I called paypal and they said that he has no money in his account and that i won't be refunded until he puts $$ in it. So he obviously isn't going to add any money into it cause he already fuckin got my money. So then they said i'm basically fucked and won't have any way of getting my money back. I'm never using paypal again- now i'm fucked out of $500. I'm never trusting anyone the rest of my life!!!!!! I just called the scamming fucker and he said that he was adding the money today - not likely. He took my # down and said he would call back if there were problems. He is so full of shit. I am never going to see my money again! FUCK!!!!!!! NO HEADERS FOR ME!!!!! Now i have to save up again because i trusted a human being. Guess i learned a life lesson. Don't fucking trust anyone!

I see Yello and I like it 02cetransam's Avatar
    iTrader
    7 (100%)

yellow
    02 Collector Trans Am

sorry to here that man. It really does suck. Was the seller verified? and you talked to him on the phone? Did he say sorry for scamming you, heres your money back? I dont get how that works.

iTrader

Sunset Orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

Cant you just put a stop payment on it, the bank, even if you used a checking account instead of a credit card, ususally gives you 60 days to dispuit a charge. Your paypal account will probably go into the red $500, but if your not planing on using it again then who cares. That is what I am considering doing. Let paypal worry about trying to get the money.

iTrader
    7 (100%)

yellow
    02 Collector Trans Am

How long was this guy a member of the site for?

Awaiting Activation
    iTrader
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shepp1691 View Post
    Cant you just put a stop payment on it, the bank, even if you used a checking account instead of a credit card, ususally gives you 60 days to dispuit a charge. Your paypal account will probably go into the red $500, but if your not planing on using it again then who cares. That is what I am considering doing. Let paypal worry about trying to get the money.
    yea i'm on hold with my bank right now to see what they can do. I've been on hold for forever. The thing is that it is a debit card linked to my bank so the $ has already left my account. I hope that they can do something.

down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar
    iTrader

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

man that is some fucked up shit,,i cant stand people like that...what a waste of life..we should all take a cruise to his house ...

Awaiting Activation
    iTrader
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 02cetransam View Post
    sorry to here that man. It really does suck. Was the seller verified? and you talked to him on the phone? Did he say sorry for scamming you, heres your money back? I dont get how that works.
    yea it sucks big time. I fucking hate people - i just got off the phone with him an hour ago and he talked to me calmly and acked like i was going to get my money back. How can u be so fucked up in the head to talk to someone calmly while you are stealing their money. I think that this guy is really good at doing this and has probably done it hundreds of times. Scamming is probably his full time job.

down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar
    iTrader

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Quote Originally Posted by 99blueZ View Post
    yea it sucks big time. I fucking hate people - i just got off the phone with him an hour ago and he talked to me calmly and acked like i was going to get my money back. How can u be so fucked up in the head to talk to someone calmly while you are stealing their money. I think that this guy is really good at doing this and has probably done it hundreds of times. Scamming is probably his full time job.
    man if you have his information report his ass to the FBI...gather all of the claims us other LS1er's have and put them together and send it off...Im sure they will take a look at it. Chances are if he's done it here he's done it other places as well...its a serious matter...$100+ is a lot of money to just "give away"

iTrader
    7 (100%)

yellow
    02 Collector Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 99blueZ View Post
    out of all the ways to make money in this world, y a scammer?

Anyways, best of luck to you.

Awaiting Activation
    iTrader
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackhawk01 View Post
    man if you have his information report his ass to the FBI...gather all of the claims us other LS1er's have and put them together and send it off...Im sure they will take a look at it. Chances are if he's done it here he's done it other places as well...its a serious matter...$100+ is a lot of money to just "give away"
    thanks for the idea - i'll look into and let you know what i can report about him. I just got off the phone with my bank and they said to come into a branch and fill out a "paypal reversal form" or something and the $$ will be back in my account in 48 hours. I hope that it works - my back always has my back!! Wish me luck guys i'm off to the bank and will report back in about 1 hour!!

Awaiting Activation
    iTrader
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 02cetransam View Post
    out of all the ways to make money in this world, y a scammer?

Anyways, best of luck to you.
    yepp people are scum. Such a shady way to live your life. Thanks for your support!!

iTrader

Sunset Orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

I just talked to him on the phone and he initiated a refund for me. But Im thinking that he is just doing me the way he did right. He claimed that there would be funds to cover the refund. We will see.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information