Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

isnt the orginial thread ME vs a stock gt500 though? is that not the comparison???? need to get my 1 7/8ths long tubes then go gt500 hunting....havnt seen one yet in my area......one c6z06 so far though..dam are they sick loooking!!! long tubes plus a 75 shot should get me next to one of those..lol

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Quote Originally Posted by oneBADDz View Post
    "potential" is the faggest argument of all time. "what if" they mod it. . .well "what if" we blow our cars? It's a never ending argument and shouldn't even be brought up.
    Concur.

Speaking of which....lets go back to the original post. The OP wants to race a car that is actually out on the street running, and we have a good idea of what it runs. However, the OPs car is not finished yet, and we can only guess at its potential.

Given that, and running with your line of reasoning, this entire thread is one of the "faggest arguments of all time" and "shouldnt' even be brought up" because all we have to base conclusions on is the potential of the car the OP is building.

Beyond that....there is a LOT of really dumb statements in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz
    isnt the orginial thread ME vs a stock gt500 though? is that not the comparison????
    Tony, this is the comparison, in fact, I mentioned a few pages back that had the owner of the GT500 opt "not" to mod the car before the race, then Mike will completely annihilate him with a stall and T-Rex. Also, I gave props to the GT500, despite it's eating disorder, but you're going to have those enthusiasts who choose to defend it no matter what. As for wanting to run a ZO6, why not bring that beast of yours over to e-Town, I'll give ya a run....

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD
    Beyond that....there is a LOT of really dumb statements in this thread.
    Such as?

pewter

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    Tony, this is the comparison, in fact, I mentioned a few pages back that had the owner of the GT500 opt "not" to mod the car before the race, then Mike will completely annihilate him with a stall and T-Rex. Also, I gave props to the GT500, despite it's eating disorder, but you're going to have those enthusiasts who choose to defend it no matter what. As for wanting to run a ZO6, why not bring that beast of yours over to e-Town, I'll give ya a run....
    lol im sure u will!!!! let me at least get my breathing down right instead of choking the poor girl and a new tune first.....should put me just north of 500 flywheel and keep me somwhat close........id love to get a bigger cam but i dont wanna fuck with what the previous owner had lpe do.....my numbers are just SO low for a 383 stroker.....engine was still completely green though when lpe dynoed the car..and the lack of long tubes is prolly hurtin it by 30-40 horse

pewter

hey uve seen what lpe is putin down on there c6z06's with just a cam and long tubes right? 616 hp....nasty!!! yours still stock?

^ Bone stock. The people over at the vette doctors tried talking me into a new cold air kit, and even then I hesitate (warranty wise)....

Silver
    2000 TransAM M6

Quote Originally Posted by Forced_Firebird View Post

So this car isn't built yet, and you want to race the old man?

Watchout, with an exhaust, pulley, porting the blower and gears that GT500 is a low 10 car...

http://www.evoperform.com/GT500/dyno2.wmv
    Got damn...
    it wanted to jump off the dyno

Black
    98 Trans Am

a blue with white stripe one (said GT500 on the bottom) was in front of me yesterday, we both made a left turn, for the hell of it I punched it to pass him, he heard me punch punched it AND COULD NOT PREVENT ME FROM PASSING!

Yeah I probaly got the jump and I only got up to about 70 before I hit the brakes, but I thought it was going to kill me.

My car is as of right now a plain jane 98 T/A automatic with 2.73 gears a Flowmaster muffler and MSD wires with 214kmi to boot!

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Hey Street Lethal, it's a stupid argument to begin with. I own an LS1, and love it. I know the facts, and you can't change my mind. You know some facts, and nothing could change yours. I can't tell you how many million times I've heard the initial cost vs. modification argument. It and you bore me. I don't care about the price differential of a new car vs. a used car, either.

And lastly, I can't stand people who make straw-man arguments by taking seperate points that I've made and portraying them out of context. I'm a very logical person, have the ability to coherently relate multiple concepts to others, and you'll find that those statements were not even written in the same post. Even taken out of context they don't contradict each other. So, whatever man. You get to make the last comment, because I'm done with the thread and have made all the points I care to.

Chris

Thread Information