Thread: Owned by BMW Z4

Blue
    99 Z28

Owned by BMW Z4

So I'm on my way home on my lunch break yesterday, and the highway between my work and home is pretty empty during that time. A BMW Z4 pulls on the on-ramp as I'm going by. I move to the left lane to let him on, and he pulls up next to me, looks at me, and takes off. I hit it, and pull about 2 car lengths on him, then we let off cause there were a couple cars ahead in the right lane. He moves to the left lane behind me while we cruise by the other vehicles in the right lane (we're going about 60mph at this point). As soon as I clear the other traffic I move to the right lane and downshift. He didn't even wait to line up next to me, he hit it as soon as I moved to the right. I didn't expect too much of a challenge so I waited until he was next to me before I hit it. I pulled about 5 car lengths on him and was at about 125mph when I lost my power steering I immediately slow down and put on my flashers (because I was having issues, not to say "I won" like a ricer). I was very close to my exit and my house so I figured I could make it home carefully with no power steering. Unfortunately, as I was taking my exit, my "check guages" light came on and I noticed that my temp. guage was maxed out! I pulled over immediately, shut the car off, and popped the hood. First thing I noticed was coolant spraying all over the place, next thing I noticed was there was no belt! I later noticed that my radiator was cracked.
    So, I may have pulled on this Z4 easily, but when it was all said and done, he was able to drive home, not me.

Cliff notes:
    Raced a Z4, pulled on him pretty hard, threw a belt, lost power steering and water pump, and over-heated.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Same exact thing happened to me a few weeks ago. I bet its your tensioner.

yeah, was your tensioner making noise ?

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

that sucks, for a second, from your title, I thought the z4 beat you...

Blue
    99 Z28

No, my tensioner hadn't been makin any noise.
    And I put "owned by a z4" because when it was all said and done, he was able to drive home, but I wasn't.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

HAHA Dont ya just hate BAD LUCK!!!!!!! Well get it fixed and back running man. Can't let a good thing go bad and set around.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I had a buddy who wanted a z4 so when he got a free ride to the Minnesota state his parent spent the money on a new car for him, they had over 50k saved up. So we test drove the z4 they run low 14s not too bad. Nice car, but hes 6,6 i told him he looked insane in that car. So i told him lets test drive a GTO, the next day he calls me and tells me he just bought a 05 blue GTO with 1400miles on it lol.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Oh thank god, I thought a Z4 beat you in the race. I am sorry for your car I wish it luck so you can hit the road again, find that Z4 and rape him again

Blue
    99 Z28

Oh ya, I'm busy with work during the week, but it'll be back on the road this Saturday.

Silver
    1997 camaro z28

Dude I have had my belt pop off too..along with my tensioner lol. Luckily I was less than a mile from home. Lost my power steering, but not my water pump. Cost me $214 to get belt and tensioner replaced.

Blue
    99 Z28

Ya, I was right around a mile or so from home. So far only $28 for the belt, I'll change it myself. I poured coolant in the radiator and it's not leaking anything, but then again I haven't ran it at all yet. Oh well, I think I found a good deal on a new radiator if I need it.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

ick...overheated LS1 = warped heads. Get em checked. Aluminum doesn't like heat.

Blue
    99 Z28

What are the symptoms of warped heads? I've got a new belt on, and everything's running fine, my belt is squeaking a little though.

Thread Information