Thread: Beat an ls2 GTO

Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

Beat an ls2 GTO

Coming home from work cruisin at about 70. My exit is coming up and then my lights hit the back of a car. I see GTO in the bumper. So i skip my exit and chase this guy down. I fly by him to catch his attention and bites. I get into the fast lane and give him some room. Im watching him and he starts haulin ass at me. As he was getting next to me he wasnt slowing down. so once he got dead even with my i punched it. We didnt race for long but i started at about 60 and he shut down when i was at about 110. By that point i had about a half car on him. I was pretty happy that i pulled back that much in such a short time. Slowed back down to him and gave him the thumbs up and he did too.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

So you got the jump? what are your mods?

Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

LT's,O/R Y,Catback, lid, 3.73s, and built A4 but that wasnt really a factor. It was a weird race. I wish he woulda pulled up next to me and honked. But maybe i made it unclear or less believable when i said he was hauling ass at me, but he definitly was not slowing down to line up so i threw it into 3rd and hit it. And when i say i had i a half car i mean he was at my passenger door/ quarter panel area when he shut down. It was about 8 in the morning, during my first class, when i put this thread up and i obviously wasnt thinking straight cus i read over it again and i messed some stuff up haha.
    Last edited by Ryans99LS1; 10-31-2007 at 10:16 AM. Reason: screwed up

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Not to steal your thread but, thats funny I actually just raced my first GTO LS2 yesterday after work. We were on the highway when I noticed him. I got mext to him and gave him a thumbs up and he bit. We went from probably 70 and I dropped her into 3rd and gave her hell, he was a six speed, me A4 he had a half a car on me once we hit about 120. I was pretty proud of my Z considering I have 2 12's and a subthump in the back and my car full of shit and not to mention my fat ass. I'm totally stock accept for 3.73's and a programmer.

www.eautocad.com

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28

F-body vs. Goat

A timeless classic!

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans99LS1 View Post
    LT's,O/R Y,Catback, lid, 3.73s, and built A4 but that wasnt really a factor. It was a weird race. I wish he woulda pulled up next to me and honked. But maybe i made it unclear or less believable when i said he was hauling ass at me, but he definitly was not slowing down to line up so i threw it into 3rd and hit it. And when i say i had i a half car i mean he was at my passenger door/ quarter panel area when he shut down. It was about 8 in the morning, during my first class, when i put this thread up and i obviously wasnt thinking straight cus i read over it again and i messed some stuff up haha.
    Thats cool, good kill anyways

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Nice kill man

Thread Information