Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

2008 Caliber SRT 4
    1998 Z28/ 1993 Talon awd

Lets see a race. I think he called you out. Oh I forgot you don't race imports that might beat you.

It is the same argument with you everytime. The Japs sport cars are crap they are dyno queens same old same old. The car is not even out yet and your calling it crap.

Like I said before the GTR was faster around the same track as the Z06 not bad. The track was in Germany mabye you heard of it The Nurmburg. That's where Gm does lots of testing for many of it's cars.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    Ill bet ya anything you would like to lay on the line that a 850WHP GT-R nissan is more drivable than a 850WHP GM Ford or Dodge. Why you ask?? Because no GM, Ford, or Dodge car makes that kind of power with AWD, Actually they dont even make an AWD car. Do you realize how many 1000+ Hp cars are daily drivers in japan??? Tons!!!!!!!! How many 1000 HP cars can drive in the rain here? Hmmmm im thinking NONE!!!! Why??? Because there all RWD and you wont be able to keep it between the ditches.

Im not a huge fan of the 350z.

Alright you wanna talk about engines, My Rb25det engine has more technology in it than any US motors I have ever took apart.

How many US made engines run individual internal oil squirter's on each cylinder to squirt oil on the cylinder walls to provide extra lube for high RPM runs for long periods of time? Hmm Im thinking none. Or How many US engines have a cage built around the main bearing caps to keep the crank from moving under high stress/RPM and loads of power.

Thats just two pointers I found in my Rb when I built it that I liked most, The engine was manufactured to take loads of abuse stress and power. Oh and RB stands for Race bred b/c Nissan originally was going to use the motor for racing only then later decided to manufacture it for the Skylines.

So how bad are the engines now wesman?
    Until you know the structure behind an engine and its proven to be shitty... Then dont comment!!!! You prove nothing....
    why on earth would u want to drive ANY 1000hp car in the rain anyways? funny u dont see awd drag cars.....wanna explain to me why?

pewter

Not saying GM doesnt make a car that will, Just stating from the factory with No add on's the Skyline will take all GM cars except the vette, But with a few bolt on-s / boost controller the skyline could be a 10 sec car too. All cars from factory only run a 1/4 of the power they can make and handle due to Emissions and life. Plus your not going to see a 700HP factory produced drag car roll off the car lots doesnt mean there not capable of producing that but Your going to have cars that are family driveable and still fun.

All im saying is you can't compair it to an american muscle car b/c thats like comparing a mini van to a SUV. Just not the same.

Now if you put it in the AWD catagory with the porshe 911, then you have a comparison. But not with a Corvette, Camaro, charger or mustang.
    from a roll a STOCK ls1 fbody or STOCK 05-06 gto are gonna put up a VERY VERY good race vs your 80k rice........436 hp 3900lbs vs 400 hp 3900 lbs then factor in the awd 22-24 percent drivetrain loss vs 13-15 percent for the gto......hell of a run 30k car vs 80k .....a stock 50k when NEW c5 z06 will hand it its ass .....overpriced

pewter

and one more thing..sleeper......question....youve been braggging to wesman about your 180mph in 20 second nissan......lets see it? can we see some pics? mod list? your dyno graph? we need some solid evidence u have a car even close to capable of such a thing ...thats a bold statement u make with nothin to back it up just yet.....and id really like to see some pics of your beast if what u say is true.....must be a sick car

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

He has a 240sx with a built skyline motor in it. So that is very possible, i ahve seen built skylines do 0-200 in under 11 seconds. It was amazing, ran the 1/4mile in about 8.5

pewter

no shit...NICE ..shoulda put an ls1 in it show us some good shots of the engine bay sleeper..i wanna see this ..and where and how much did it cost u to stuff a skyline motor in your 240?

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I have seen a few people do it, inline 6 turbo acpable of over 1200hp in a 2500lbs rear wheel car. They are badass with ls1s in the too

pewter

thats sick..wonder if he has any videos of it running?

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I have seen pics, never vids

pewter

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Lets see a race. I think he called you out. Oh I forgot you don't race imports that might beat you.

It is the same argument with you everytime. The Japs sport cars are crap they are dyno queens same old same old. The car is not even out yet and your calling it crap.

Like I said before the GTR was faster around the same track as the Z06 not bad. The track was in Germany mabye you heard of it The Nurmburg. That's where Gm does lots of testing for many of it's cars.
    the 3900lb GTR is faster than a c6z06 around the nurmburg? link me!!! that i gotta see to believe

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Only because they let someone who was mentally challenged drive the c6, it was through the make a wish foundation

pewter

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    Only because they let someone who was mentally challenged drive the c6, it was through the make a wish foundation
    LMFAO....had to be ..theres no way that even comes close to making sense......he must be talking about the full race NOT STREET LEGAL version of this gtr prolly costing over a million to build vs a 70k street legal stock c6z06....update!!! ..did some reasearch..check it out and WOW ..that gtr must be grossly underrated hp and it seems beyond the laws of physics how such a heavy car could run that time ......sounds like a nasty car

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=123066
    Last edited by tonyjnjz; 11-09-2007 at 08:57 AM.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    no shit...NICE ..shoulda put an ls1 in it show us some good shots of the engine bay sleeper..i wanna see this ..and where and how much did it cost u to stuff a skyline motor in your 240?

Here is two links of slide shows were I built the car. Still building but almost complete.
    http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/e...t=6255dbba.pbw
    http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/e...t=9bcd09db.pbw
    I have not got a video of it on the track yet. The one time I took the camera I broke the axles off the line. It didnt like the 6500RPM launch!!

But it has run the best or 7.80@91MPH @1/8 mile track
    I have not dyno'd it yet b/c Im fixing to change the ECU to a Power FC commander, then im going to have to re-tune it. Cars original weight is 2800lbs, but since I have added a few things with me included Im guessing its around 3100lbs total, I did the online calculator of HP based on E:T time and car weight and it shows:

Horsepower Results - 1/4 Mile Method

Your 1990 weighs about 3100 pounds and can complete a 1/4 mile in about 11.90 seconds. That means that you've got about 363.59 HP at the wheels, and about 472.66 HP at the flywheel.
    I am running 10lbs of boost for now until I have the money to upgrade the turbo to a GT35, Then Im able to run 25lbs of boost. Estimated at 700+ at the wheels.

I had the motor imported from Chiba Japan from a race shop in southern California about 4 years ago. They basically lied to me about the engine so after the year it took me to install it in the car and get the wiring done I was able to fire it to find out the head gasket was blown. So then I spent 1,000$ re-doing the head with new valves,springs, retainers, and seals, ported, polished. Then after re-installing the head encountered alot of blow bye out of the valve cover every time I hit boost it blew my dip stick out. So pulled the motor tore it down to find #1 piston busted between #1 & #2 rings, With a skyline they dont make STD pistons only oversized. So 15,000$ later I have a forged crank, Eagle rods,.020 Weisco pistons, Balanced assembly, ARP head studs, Cometic head gasket, Block was bored, honed, decked, cleaned, and dipped in coating to keep the heat down. Engine will hold well over 750HP.

I built the car myself basically from ground up. When I got it, it was crashed on the front end.

As the car sets I have 24grand in it.

If I had it to do over I would have went with an LSX aluminum block but I was too deep in this project to turn around.

Anymore questions just let me know!!!!
    Last edited by Sleeper101; 11-09-2007 at 05:38 PM.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    from a roll a STOCK ls1 fbody or STOCK 05-06 gto are gonna put up a VERY VERY good race vs your 80k rice........436 hp 3900lbs vs 400 hp 3900 lbs then factor in the awd 22-24 percent drivetrain loss vs 13-15 percent for the gto......hell of a run 30k car vs 80k .....a stock 50k when NEW c5 z06 will hand it its ass .....overpriced
    I'm glas theres someone else who sees the GT-R for what it really is. An overpriced, overhyped, turbocharged 350Z.

Like I said before, its not even worth comapring a GTR vs. a Z06 from a roll, that would be absolute rape. The Z06 looks nicer, sounds better, is much more powerful, yet its still cheaper

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Here is two links of slide shows were I built the car. Still building but almost complete.

I have not got a video of it on the track yet. The one time I took the camera I broke the axles off the line. It didnt like the 6500RPM launch!!

But it has run the best or 7.80@91MPH @1/8 mile track
    I have not dyno'd it yet b/c Im fixing to change the ECU to a Power FC commander, then im going to have to re-tune it. Cars original weight is 2800lbs, but since I have added a few things with me included Im guessing its around 3100lbs total, I did the online calculator of HP based on E:T time and car weight and it shows:

I am running 10lbs of boost for now until I have the money to upgrade the turbo to a GT35, Then Im able to run 25lbs of boost. Estimated at 700+ at the wheels.

I had the motor imported from Chiba Japan from a race shop in southern California about 4 years ago. They basically lied to me about the engine so after the year it took me to install it in the car and get the wiring done I was able to fire it to find out the head gasket was blown. So then I spent 1,000$ re-doing the head with new valves,springs, retainers, and seals, ported, polished. Then after re-installing the head encountered alot of blow bye out of the valve cover every time I hit boost it blew my dip stick out. So pulled the motor tore it down to find #1 piston busted between #1 & #2 rings, With a skyline they dont make STD pistons only oversized. So 15,000$ later I have a forged crank, Eagle rods,.020 Weisco pistons, Balanced assembly, ARP head studs, Cometic head gasket, Block was bored, honed, decked, cleaned, and dipped in coating to keep the heat down. Engine will hold well over 750HP.

I built the car myself basically from ground up. When I got it, it was crashed on the front end.

As the car sets I have 24grand in it.

If I had it to do over I would have went with an LSX aluminum block but I was too deep in this project to turn around.

Anymore questions just let me know!!!!
    Your post pretty much proves all the things I've said that you've argued with me about.

$24K on that?? Oh well, guess we all learn from our mistakes.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Probablly 24k on a insanely clean completely built car, a that weighs 300lbs and can easily hold 800hp, which means it has the potential to be a low 9 second car. But i do think they fucked up with the new skyline, that v motor with that much weigh. Just gay

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Your post pretty much proves all the things I've said that you've argued with me about.

$24K on that?? Oh well, guess we all learn from our mistakes.
    My post Proves what? That is was a PIECE?? Might have been But isnt NOW.

Ya it was not in the perfect shape when I got it!!! Needed a little TLC just like any other engine thats been through Hell and back.....

I dont know who had this engine before I did nor do I care now. Its clean and built, Fresh, It runs great too!!!

With the turbo upgrade I could break into the 9's easy, Im getting the rollcage put in over the winter so I can get the car passed in NHRA tech.

I dont know how far im going to push this project, Goal was to make it a fast street car, Which has been done but since a few guys keep riding me its pushing me towards an all out Drag only. If that be the case all put a GT45 turbo, and push 30PSI and make it an 8 sec car.

But im looking into buying a NOVA, Chevelle, or Vega to make an all out drag car, Just do to I wanna keep my 240 legal as possible. That way I can Whoop the shit out of some people like (wesman) who like to talk. Ya buddy im old school too!!!!

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Im just gonna be so happy when i have 2 11 second cars

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    Im just gonna be so happy when i have 2 11 second cars
    HAHA Nice man!!!! I wanna see when you get them. Its all about fun, Who cares what you have it in. Some people think they have gold and nothing is better, Im just glad to have fun... I live to race!!! Sometimes you gotta work with what you have. I bought this car when I was 16, couldnt afford anything better, my dad didnt want me to have a v8 at the time. So 4 years later this is what I have built. Not a V8 but a hell of alot stronger.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post

There would never be a race, he is too afraid of loosing his pride to an import...
    All I know to say is even if there was a race he better bring a 10 flat car with a damn good driver!!!! Cause I leave no prisoners when I race!!! its balls to the wall run what you brung!!! and if its his T/A he better be running a 400shot of NOS and he better have 4 bottles in the back b/c 0-200 takes alot of NOS ( Cheater spray) But my turbo Boosts all day Long!!!!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information