View Poll Results: Usa or Germany? Who's vehicles are Safer at 150+mph?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • USA

10 23.26%
  • GERMANY

33 76.74%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: USA vs Germany

Silver

I just came back from being in Germany for two weeks, autobahn is all I thought it was going to be, one thing that it is a myth for sure are the speeds.
    70-80% of autobahn has no speed limit, however most people stay around 110-130km, there are ocassional 911s doing 280-300 but I have seen maybe one or two of those, people over there, eventhough allowed really tend not to "open their cars up", I don't blame them, at 7,25$/gallon I understand.

This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    I just came back from being in Germany for two weeks, autobahn is all I thought it was going to be, one thing that it is a myth for sure are the speeds.
    70-80% of autobahn has no speed limit, however most people stay around 110-130km, there are ocassional 911s doing 280-300 but I have seen maybe one or two of those, people over there, eventhough allowed really tend not to "open their cars up", I don't blame them, at 7,25$/gallon I understand.
    Where have you been and how did you like it? you seem to have been in a "slow part" of the country.... (j/k)

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by hamburger68 View Post
    Where have you been and how did you like it? you seem to have been in a "slow part" of the country.... (j/k)
    I was in Hamburg(Blankenesen section for a few days) spelling(), Berlin(west), Bad SalSuflen, Leipzig, and I drove through a few other cities.

EDIT: See you're from Hamburg, how the hell do you afford that car there at 7.25$ a gallon?
    Live on base as a soldier?

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

I was in Hamburg(Blankenesen section for a few days) spelling(), Berlin(west), Bad SalSuflen, Leipzig, and I drove through a few other cities.

EDIT: See you're from Hamburg, how the hell do you afford that car there at 7.25$ a gallon?
    Live on base as a soldier?
    blankenese, nice area at the river, old money! i live more city center, near central station.
    and no, i'm german and my army service was 1988 - 89... i don't drive more than 10k miles a year, i see the gas money as some kind of luxury tax.
    were you visiting just for fun or business?

Silver

blankenese, nice area at the river, old money! i live more city center, near central station.
    and no, i'm german and my army service was 1988 - 89... i don't drive more than 10k miles a year, i see the gas money as some kind of luxury tax.
    were you visiting just for fun or business?
    Visiting, I have family there and I might get a an apartment in Blankenesen(houses are bit too much, the ones I like anyway) esp after the Euro to Dollars conversion(yikes), or I might get a house in Bad Salsuflen, I loved that little place, it is too quiet for a young guy but I loved it anyway.

I talked to a guy with an 03/04 cobra that lives on base and pays gallon/ american gas prices and insurance, thought you might be that lucky.

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

Visiting, I have family there and I might get a an apartment in Blankenesen(houses are bit too much, the ones I like anyway) esp after the Euro to Dollars conversion(yikes), or I might get a house in Bad Salsuflen, I loved that little place, it is too quiet for a young guy but I loved it anyway.

I talked to a guy with an 03/04 cobra that lives on base and pays gallon/ american gas prices and insurance, thought you might be that lucky.
    ...wish i was, but then i had my fair share of the army, no more uniform for me.

Silver

...wish i was, but then i had my fair share of the army, no more uniform for me.
    Cheap gas is not worth it for sure.

Later!!!

www.eautocad.com

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28

What a great thread. Good job guys, it sounds like this was an interesting topic.

If I had a choice, I would say 150mph with my family is only going to happen on a high speed train.

navy blue metallic
    2000 z28 camaro

I Crashed An 84 Camaro 6 Banger Into A Telephone Poll Doin About 103 Im Still Livin Long Live F Bodies

Silvaa
    2007 Corvette

A lot of people are making big mistakes here. Logically, even a lot of german cars have governors, so are we talking about owning the car in the US or germany. The second mistake is saying for your family. You may not have noticed, but off the top of my head the only american sedan I would say operating at autobahn speeds are the 300C's, chargers and some caddys. I choose a cadillac! It's almost a pointless question anyways. If you said any car, I'd still choose american because I'd own a ZR1 for the price of a mercedes, be extremely comfortable and smoke the mercedes in every aspect of performance.

Black
    2001 Camaro z28

corvette z06/zr1 & viper, the tag team europe owning duo.

i perfer both over any euro car.

lots of nice euro cars, but they are hyped.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information