Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

black/white
    99 Cobra/96 Ram 4x4/08 R6

Arrow racing+cops= short night

I was in my 99 cobra and my buddy was in his 00 firehawk. Im all stock except flows and bbk cai and he has a stock ls1 with full exhaust A4.

I raced a newer lightning...he suprised me, that thing was whining LOUD. We both took off at about a 10 roll or so up til about 70 and i was starting to gain on him as i was shifting into 3rd. Then i raced a new SRT4 from about a 50 roll that spanked my ass...he said he is running 23 psi on his turbo...it sounded good to...we stopped and talked to him and his buddies, he was a cool guy..his buddies had another SRT4, a few SC cobras and 3 TA's

My buddy in the Firehawk really didnt race anyone, he just jacked around with the TA's mentioned above and started to race a 07 GT from a dig. They took off from a stop light, i was right behind them. The Hawk starts spinning pretty bad and the GT hooks up and goes, well at about 30 mph the GT lets off the gas and my buddy starts to coast...turns out a cop was in the oncoming traffic and made a u-turn. He got in behind the Hawk and my buddy pulled over, then he went after the GT. Well my buddy in the Hawk gets on the gas a little bit to pull over and the cop thinks he is fixing to run i guess, so the cops swerves over behind my buddy again, almost taking out a curb. Another cop pulled the GT over and brought him back to the race scene. The cop let my buddy off easy with an "excessive exceleration from a stop" ticket and the GT got cut loose...so that pretty much ended our street racing for the night...to bad it was at 10 o clock, but good he didnt go to jail

Well thats all for this week folks

BIGG JOE

sebring silver
    2000 z28

dam, that is a close one, and to think i got a ticket for rolling through stop sigh at 11' o clock at night when no one was around. If i was a cop, or pig i should say, i would let all v8's off with a warning as log as they won and all 4 bangers a ticket for inadequate acceleration. lol....lol....lol....

be careful out there......and race in a well non traffic area if possible or don't race at all....it's not worth it to prove a point if you take another innocent life....you guys know what to do right?
    2000 auto camaro
    13.54 @ 104 2.049 60' stock 2.73

12.94 @ 109 2.002 60' full exhaust, lid, tune, nitto 555r 2.73

11.899 @ 114.44 1.686 60' full exhaust, lid, tune, nitto 245/50-16 555r 3.73 moser 12-bolt 2800 fuddle, ls6 intake manifold, slp under drive pully,fiberglass hood, bmr k-member

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by silverz28camaro View Post
    dam, that is a close one, and to think i got a ticket for rolling through stop sigh at 11' o clock at night when no one was around. If i was a cop, or pig i should say, i would let all v8's off with a warning as log as they won and all 4 bangers a ticket for inadequate acceleration. lol....lol....lol....

Wow you're a d-bag.

NBM
    1999 Hardtop Z28

lol

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

lol, 4tun8 you just used one of my favorite words d-bag...

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    Wow you're a d-bag.
    Why is there a need to call him names?? I thought that was funny, actually.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

why gotta go and say pig? it stands for pride, integrety and guts
    Last edited by mrr23; 10-29-2007 at 07:36 PM. Reason: fixed quote

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post

why gotta go and say pig? it stands for pride, integrety and guts
    Yeah he was out to offend on that one.

sebring silver
    2000 z28

Yeah he was out to offend on that one.
    nice yellow car d-bag..........looks like baby shit, and i really wasn't out to offend anyone just a joke that you took a little to seriously. i was just mad at the cop about the fact that i didn't come to a complete stop. Maybe a 3mph roll through it, nothing to hurt anyone

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

nice yellow car d-bag..........looks like baby shit, and i really wasn't out to offend anyone just a joke that you took a little to seriously. i was just mad at the cop about the fact that i didn't come to a complete stop. Maybe a 3mph roll through it, nothing to hurt anyone
    did 4tun8 do to you? i said it and yeah it offends me, thats the way the ball bounces, i'll get over it

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Wow you're a d-bag.
    little harsh. he did put the lol after it. shouldn't have taken it that seriously.

Black
    99' Firehawk M6

Still not fully understanding why 4-cylinder cars are always made fun of by T/A owners on this site over and over again.. kinda jacked up in my opinion, I respect any car that can run a flat 13 stock, whether it be a 4,6,8 cylinder.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Sikhawk View Post
    Still not fully understanding why 4-cylinder cars are always made fun of by T/A owners on this site over and over again.. kinda jacked up in my opinion, I respect any car that can run a flat 13 stock, whether it be a 4,6,8 cylinder.
    they run closer to mid to high 13's stock, i think, just fast 0-60 times cuz of AWD but none the less, they can be sick

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

My opinion is nothing wrong with 4,6,or 8 cyl but the 4 cly ricey POS Fast and the Furious Wanna bee's kill it for everyone. I like a nice built 4 cly that can kick some butt, But I hate the fart can I wanna break the worlds loudest car record.

I have owned an AWD turbo talon, Extremely fast, Love the cars.
    Currently own a inline 6 turbo charged 240sx, Never been beaten by a v8 street car.
    And I own a Lt1 firebird T/A currently being built.

The most impressive part of a turbo 4cly is the gas milage and power they can produce, Nothing beats that,

Inline 6 turbo is just insane power!!!

But nothing can beat a v8 rumble and the power you can make with some money invested.

Point is they all have there goods and bads. Just according to who perfers wat!!!!!

I personally like anything that makes me give an effort to reach back up to make the next shift!!!

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Sikhawk View Post
    Ummm...no, can't say I agree.

I find it completely pointless to try and make a 4 cylinder engine a "performance motor" by adding a turbo, no matter what you do it will still have a crappy powerband and sound like a weedwacker.

There are absolutely NO advantages to making a 4 cylinder fast. Lets say you had a 300WHP boosted 4 cyinder and a 300WHP LS1 - The LS1 will have much more low end power and torque, a better powerband, better top end breathing, and it will sound infinitely better - and best of all, both will get about the same gas mileage. In fact, its not uncommon for stock M6 LS1's to get 28-30MPG, never heard of an Evo or STI getting anywhere close to that. It will also be more reliable, since you are not stressing the engine with insane amounts of boost pressure in order to make power. I don't see how you can even have an arguement, turbo 4 cylinders simply aren't the best or most efficient means of making power, case closed. In fact, I find it completely pointless to buy a 4 cylinder if you're goal is to go fast and sound good.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

hey Wesman, do you just hate imports? i'm not trying to start a fight but just wondering cuz anytime someone says something good about a fast 4 cylinder you have to come up with some B.S. about how they are worthless except for maybe daily driving...

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Hey (wesman) I think you need to go look up some facts before you speak. Im not a huge supporter on imports but I know a few honda and Nissan guys running well over 400WHP and still getting 29-31mpg. So you prooved nothing, I dont see an LS1 getting 29MPG on 400WHP. More like 18-22 if there lucky. My Nissan 240sx RB powered car has 400WHP and I get 22-26MPG as long as I keep my foot out of it. As far as stressing parts out, Im running a 1/4 of the power I can. Oh and as far as the sound, ya 4cyl suck but my inline 6 on open header!!!! HAHA and BOV Pshhhhh Nothing better. V8's rock but never count out the middle man. Ill hand your ass too you faster than you can get your head out of the exhaust.

So look up some real facts and real numbers then get back to us, Other wise keep your trap shut.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

but i'm sure he has something to counter it

Black
    99' Firehawk M6

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Ummm...no, can't say I agree.

I find it completely pointless to try and make a 4 cylinder engine a "performance motor" by adding a turbo, no matter what you do it will still have a crappy powerband and sound like a weedwacker.

There are absolutely NO advantages to making a 4 cylinder fast. Lets say you had a 300WHP boosted 4 cyinder and a 300WHP LS1 - The LS1 will have much more low end power and torque, a better powerband, better top end breathing, and it will sound infinitely better - and best of all, both will get about the same gas mileage. In fact, its not uncommon for stock M6 LS1's to get 28-30MPG, never heard of an Evo or STI getting anywhere close to that. It will also be more reliable, since you are not stressing the engine with insane amounts of boost pressure in order to make power. I don't see how you can even have an arguement, turbo 4 cylinders simply aren't the best or most efficient means of making power, case closed. In fact, I find it completely pointless to buy a 4 cylinder if you're goal is to go fast and sound good.
    you obviously decided to ignore the fact that people buy cars and leave them stock. An evo 9 MR runs very similar to what the LS1's run, but it handles, corners, accelerates better than a trans am ever would.

NBM
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    Hey (wesman) I think you need to go look up some facts before you speak. Im not a huge supporter on imports but I know a few honda and Nissan guys running well over 400WHP and still getting 29-31mpg. So you prooved nothing, I dont see an LS1 getting 29MPG on 400WHP. More like 18-22 if there lucky. My Nissan 240sx RB powered car has 400WHP and I get 22-26MPG as long as I keep my foot out of it. As far as stressing parts out, Im running a 1/4 of the power I can. Oh and as far as the sound, ya 4cyl suck but my inline 6 on open header!!!! HAHA and BOV Pshhhhh Nothing better. V8's rock but never count out the middle man. Ill hand your ass too you faster than you can get your head out of the exhaust.

So look up some real facts and real numbers then get back to us, Other wise keep your trap shut.

he was just saying its easier to make make more hp and torque with an ls1 than a 4 banger. no need to talk crap about racing him...

Thread Information