Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

oh my bad, my tires are toyo proxes t1r, love them to death

11 second club!!

Red
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by camarojunky74 View Post
    hey just got back from the track, in midst of the terrible track prep and damn hondas breaking and sprayin oil all over i managed to get 3 runs in on my 02, the car i just bought, i got it to do a 13.4 at 105mph, with a 2.1 60 foot, now keep in mind this car doesnt even have a k&n filter, lol i was happy suprised a few of us out there as well, i mean this day was not a good one for racing, it rained as well lol,. but shit im happy its freakin stock,

let me go looking for my other slips
    Thats about right.. My car stock A4 ran 13.6 @ 104mph with a 60 ft of 2.1.. M6 usually a little faster stock for stock than a A4.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

cool cool,

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

hey just got back from the track, in midst of the terrible track prep and damn hondas breaking and sprayin oil all over i managed to get 3 runs in on my 02, the car i just bought, i got it to do a 13.4 at 105mph, with a 2.1 60 foot, now keep in mind this car doesnt even have a k&n filter, lol i was happy suprised a few of us out there as well, i mean this day was not a good one for racing, it rained as well lol,. but shit im happy its freakin stock,

let me go looking for my other slips
    That's what stock SRT-8s do on a bad day too. And you have 4:10s??

And they are junk? You've got a lot to learn. Trap speeds as high as 110mph stock. That's a 12sec car.

OP: When you "stall" it, that means you killed the power, like in a manual. Meaning the engine stalled. What he did was called a "brake torque".
    Last edited by Deuuuce; 10-30-2007 at 08:50 AM.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

lol i do have 4.10's just not in my 02, i have them in my 99, maybe your getting two different cars mixed up, i beat him in my 99, i just raced my bone stock 02 last saturday and got a 13.4 at 105.

as for my 99 its gone a 8.1 in the 1/8 on a 1.8 60 foot, i dont know what that equals out to in the quarter, but this is the fastest my car has ran at a track,.

its also kinda funny how eveyone pretends that they were there or know the car, when you street race not always the fastest car wins, and also like i said we didnt race a full 1/4 mile, we only got enough room to stretch our legs to 80 mph,we had agreed to this before racing i also said just on the launch i had him by 3, and obviously i didnt win by 3 which means he does have a faster car, but this race i won, whether it was a little less than a 1/8 mile whatever , it was a street race, we couldnt safely accelerate anymore than 80mph

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

OP: When you "stall" it, that means you killed the power, like in a manual. Meaning the engine stalled. What he did was called a "brake torque".[/QUOTE]

oh is that so, actually when you brake torque a converter to the maximum rpm its known as stalling it up, i may have said stal for short but thats neither here nor there,

its okay bro i know your mad cause mopar burned you and made an suv that would blow all 4 of your doors off, shit i would be mad too, or the fact you paid for an overpriced luxury car from chrysler, not a mucle car, yeah its got 425 hp, but thats about it,

its cool dude, also next time you go cruising in your piece of shit 4 door in an ls1 forum you should do your reading,

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Man calm down, please, no need to get pissed off at him. SRT-8s are really fast w/o being supercharged... Thats why everyone highly doubts you beating a supercharged one... Not saying you didnt do it... just saying its hard to believe...

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

okay, well im not pissed by any means, im just replying him to in a way he replied to me in his post,

treat others as you would want to be treated, thats the motto i live by and stand by,

SSweet Home Chicago!!! BlankinSShip's Avatar

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

My Motto is:

"Beer"

-Nick
    '01 Camaro SS M6 "The Beast"

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

oh is that so, actually when you brake torque a converter to the maximum rpm its known as stalling it up, i may have said stal for short but thats neither here nor there,

its okay bro i know your mad cause mopar burned you and made an suv that would blow all 4 of your doors off, shit i would be mad too, or the fact you paid for an overpriced luxury car from chrysler, not a mucle car, yeah its got 425 hp, but thats about it,

its cool dude, also next time you go cruising in your piece of shit 4 door in an ls1 forum you should do your reading,
    Good thing you didn't stall a manual car!

If you got him by 3 CLs on the launch, not many cars could catch up before 1/8th anyway. Too bad you didn't try from a roll.

Burned me how? Because I trap 3-5mph higher than the JSRT-8 and run circles around it on the road circuit? Oh, true it does get better 60fts and more consistent ETs. My bad.

Not a muscle car? Hmmm, maybe a "sport sedan" I guess. But funny thing is, to find something comparable, with an auto, I would have paid $80k. So I over paid for what?

Heat soaked it dyno'd 365rwhp and now, I/E and no tune, 385rwhp. So you tell me how much hp it has....

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

your right, of course it has more power, and im not denying that on a 1/4 mile drag strip, he probably would pull me, however 90% of races i do are on the street so as far as getting a good stretch of road is pretty hard you get what you can work with, and for me to race him from a roll... well it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out i would have gotten handled,

as for the jeep, i cant remember one post or mention to road racing...??? we are talking stragiht line performance,

as for a comparable car under 80k, how about a 2002 camaro, any c5r vette will do and do it better than your "sport sedan"

getting into this argument is just plain dumb, we can go round and round about stupid ass shit.

so ill man up and say that im done, i dont need to get into a internet pissing contest with you, i was just upset that i dont even know you and you come at me like im lying, and thats not what im about...

for the record srt8 chargers are fuckin bad ass, i dont know exactly what you paid but i got an idea, i would have to say they are nice on the inside as well,

well man i hope that in the future you read a little before accusing,
    later. luke

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

i dont know waht kind of srt 8's you guys race but the ones around here are junk, mid 13 second junk at best,
    Your words.

From a roll I'll take the Jeep anyway. Most street races, right? My GF got the jump on me last night in her SLK350 and beat me - in 1st gear which is all we had room for.

as for a comparable car under 80k, how about a 2002 camaro, any c5r vette will do and do it better than your "sport sedan"
    Apples to oranges. Not comparable whatsoever. In '06 it was E55s, M5s, STS-Vs, etc.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

what i meant by "junk" was mid 13 second sport sedans, which is quick dont get me wrong, but it seems to me that a stock srt8 at the track or the street that i would win in any two of my ls1 camaros, just this last weekend i saw a srt magnum pull a 13.9 i dont know what mph, but thats what i saw, fast as hell for a wagon, lol

and i get what your saying as far as 4 doors go, BUT if dodge offered a 2 door version what would you take, i would assume the 2 door, then it would be comparable,

as for the charger at a road course, the only thing you have to your advanatage is hp, the day a charger pulls me thru a canyon in my 02 is few and far between, now my suspension is not stock ss, its slp ss, so i have a bit of a advantage, as well as weight, that is the big thing,

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

I just hope the Challenger isn't too heavy when it comes out. There is talk of a "Pony Car" racing series - 'Stang vs. Camaro vs. Challenger. That would be awesome.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

it would be, and i hope it isnt too heavy either taht would suck

Formula Driver! 96Firebirdformula's Avatar

Batman Black
    1996 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by Deuuuce View Post
    I just hope the Challenger isn't too heavy when it comes out. There is talk of a "Pony Car" racing series - 'Stang vs. Camaro vs. Challenger. That would be awesome.
    Challenger is 4100 pounds

http://www.dodgechallenger.com/concept/specs/

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Quote Originally Posted by 96Firebirdformula View Post
    Don't believe everything you read. That's a BS number. The Charger fully loaded weighs 4100lbs and the "current" Challenger concept is on the same platform, shortened 5".

The production car will be heavy, but not nearly that heavy.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

we can all agree its definaetly aint gonna compare to the numbers the new camaro is gonna throw down

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

we can all agree its definaetly aint gonna compare to the numbers the new camaro is gonna throw down
    Only if it gets the LS7. I'm not loyal to any brand but it looks like the Challenger wins on styling. The LS3 and 6.1 are very comparable.

Thread Information