Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Wahts life without the spice of personal jabs.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    I hate it when they lock threads like that, people are having fun in aggressive debates and they go this is getting out of hand LOCK. Thats the main reason people come on here to talk about cars.
    there's a difference between talking about cars and having the same old ford sucks, chevy sucks routine. and those wonderfully annoying well this car with twice the mods would have kicked that cars ass debate.

when a thread is made about two cars racing and one getting beat, there's no need for the well if it was my car, or i gotta friend that would have ran that car into the ground speeches. or the current speeches of how crappy the cars drivetrain is, and later on it'll break.

keep it about that particular race and nothing else and it won't get locked.

just like a tv, if you don't like the way it's ran around here, then change the channel.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    Wahts life without the spice of personal jabs.
    a better place??? wow, one more warning and looks like you get to have a personal vacation..... how's that for spice in your life???

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

It didnt look tenderized to me, it was like 2 car lengths. A win is a Win but it wasn't an absolute destruction.

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight Stalker View Post
    LOL. So the Fords aren't receiving enough love in a Chevy forum.....go figure!
    It aint got nuthin to do with that. I'll bust Black R/A's balls anytime he posts. This dude has some serious insecurity problems with Ford/Cobras.

This is the same dude that goes over to SVTPerf and shoots his mouth off then whines about Ford drivers on this board. This is the same dude that can't make a post without interjecting his personal opinions that obviously have not matured ever since he "grajiated the seexth grade".

Notice he still hasn't posted any mods on either car. Lame. It was an Eaton 03 and that's about all we know. It could have been a 700 hp LS1 versus a 425 HP Cobra basically stock. I can guarantee the LS1 would have beaten me on the BFG KD's I ran because I had zero traction.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

LOL. Dwarf.....err....Black R/A does it again. Hook, line, and sinker.

Black
    2002 WS6

Well if I knew people were going to get so upset about it I wouldn't have posted it. Geez.

1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    my dad can beat your dad!

Nuclear Cat Will End All LS1Powerhouse's Avatar
    Edwardsville, IL (So. IL Univ. of Edwardsville)

Mystic Teal
    1999 Camaro Z28 - A4

Quote Originally Posted by doodad View Post
    my dad can beat your dad!

sorry.. had to

Red?
    2001 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Pumped03

Notice he still hasn't posted any mods on either car. Lame. It was an Eaton 03 and that's about all we know. It could have been a 700 hp LS1 versus a 425 HP Cobra basically stock. I can guarantee the LS1 would have beaten me on the BFG KD's I ran because I had zero traction.
    What difference does it make what mods the T/A had? What happened to the old addage "run what you brung?" Unless someone held a weapon to the Cobra owner's head and forced him to race a car that in fact outgunned him, a loss is a loss. If a car produces too much power to hook up half decently on the street, said owner should consider reducing power and/or improving traction, or race only at the strip on slicks. Whining over who has more mods, or saying "if I could have hooked," or "if I hadn't missed a gear," or "if I had the smaller pulley on the blower" are nothing but excuses. If you never want to lose, then don't race! To me, a loss is a loss, and it doesn't matter why you lost. It seems that too many people on both the Ford and Chevy side seem unable to grasp that concept.
    Getting back to the topic of this thread, there was, apparently, a race between a T/A and a Termi, and the T/A won.....case closed. I haven't been a member of this forum very long, but I have observed that virtually every time someone makes a post regarding their LSX vehicle beating a Termi, or running close to a Termi, someone who owns or has owned a Terminator raises the BS flag. To me, THAT seems to indicate some degree of an inferiority complex. I have nothing against Fords. In fact, I'm not partial to any particular make.....I've owned several Stangs, several Mopars, and this is my second F-body. As far as the poster not listing the T/A's mods, well, that shouldn't be an issue. I've spent plenty of times in the Mustang Forums, and when a Mustang owner makes a post regarding "killed another Camaro," they usually don't bother to mention if the F-body was stock.
    If you have a problem with whomever opened this thread, that's a matter of your concern. As an impartial third party, however, I'm referring to this thread. The race was videotaped, and we saw the apparent result. Why do so many find it so difficult to be a big enough person to say "I lost" without any excuses?
    Last edited by mrr23; 11-02-2007 at 11:22 AM. Reason: fixed quote

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    there's a difference between talking about cars and having the same old ford sucks, chevy sucks routine. and those wonderfully annoying well this car with twice the mods would have kicked that cars ass debate.

when a thread is made about two cars racing and one getting beat, there's no need for the well if it was my car, or i gotta friend that would have ran that car into the ground speeches. or the current speeches of how crappy the cars drivetrain is, and later on it'll break.

keep it about that particular race and nothing else and it won't get locked.

just like a tv, if you don't like the way it's ran around here, then change the channel.
    Now, are these the official rules of this forum or your personal rules, I thought we could comment on what ever we wanted, as long as we keep it clean?????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Stalker
    If a car produces too much power to hook up half decently on the street, said owner should consider reducing power and/or improving traction, or race only at the strip on slicks. Whining over who has more mods, or saying "if I could have hooked," or "if I hadn't missed a gear," or "if I had the smaller pulley on the blower" are nothing but excuses. If you never want to lose, then don't race!
    Agreed!

Example; ever see that movie "Better off Dead" w/John Cusack? His father hooked him up with a girl he didn't like, nor did she like him, and when he went to pick her up for their date, she answers the bell, and they spend the next minute or two going over how much the date would cost, what they would eat, what movie they would see, etc. She totals it up on her calculator, calculates his half, then tells him to simply pay for the date ahead of time, and to not even bother going....

This scene reminds me of these types of races. I can picture two cars (lets say a Cobra and an Evo) lining up at a stoplight, both drivers rolling down their windows, then soon start going back and forth about their mods, and how much power they make. The driver of the Evo ends with, "I make 850 horsepower to the wheels, w/out even spinning the tires", The Cobra owner, knowing he only makes 500-RWHP, and has a problem launching, accepts defeat, and drives away. Race over, only no freaking race....

Run what ya freaking brung, who cares who has what!

Quote Originally Posted by preston1980
    Now, are these the official rules of this forum or your personal rules, I thought we could comment on what ever we wanted, as long as we keep it clean?????????????
    Kill threads soon get out of hand when this happens, and mrr23 is obviously nipping it in the bud before-hand. I for one try not to get off topic, for one, it can be very insulting to the original thread starter to boot (depending on the member, of course). Also, the what ever we want, as long as it's clean remarks can be discussed in the "anything goes" forum, cuz that's why it's there....

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

Quote Originally Posted by Pumped03 View Post
    the guy that posted it on youtube said "At the time I only had headers, exhaust, super sucker ram air and a lid. "

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post

Kill threads soon get out of hand when this happens, and mrr23 is obviously nipping it in the bud before-hand. I for one try not to get off topic, for one, it can be very insulting to the original thread starter to boot (depending on the member, of course). Also, the what ever we want, as long as it's clean remarks can be discussed in the "anything goes" forum, cuz that's why it's there....
    But the kill stories I want to discuss are in this forum. And mrr23 is on a power trip lately. He likes to tell people that he is in charge and remind them of his power of "warning giving"

I can write anything I like as long as it is relative to the topic of the subject matter. The subject of kill stories can be expanded very far in many directions.

I disagree with people flaming and being rude or aggressive, but I dont mind someone calling BS on a story or telling there opinion on something. This world is full of opinions and not all of them match up, people will disagree on any matter, sometimes. So I say let em be, just keep it respectfull.

By the way, nice kills to the poster.
    Now lets see if I get a warning for my opinions.

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

I don't see what's so bad about posting, sharing, showing a loss. I do it all the time.

As a matter of fact, I'd wager I've posted more losses then wins.....because when I beat someone I think "well that wasn't really fair, I'm a 400+ hp car, and he's a xxxxx)

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by preston1980 View Post
    in some cases #13 comes to mind
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/rules.php

13. "Trolling"

"Trolling", or makings posts with the sole intention of creating problems on the forums is obviously against the forum guidelines. This includes registering an alternate ID for the sole purpose of creating problems on the forums. "Troll ID's" will be locked immediately and permanently, and can be locked without notification to the offender. Members are allowed one user account.
    case in point of the two threads i have locked.

post is about those two specific cars in a race. instead of it just focusing on that particular race, it gets into how that cars drivetrain sucks, boost lag sucks, my car makes more torque, etc... those have nothing to do with the original post. that's when it becomes trolling, in my opinion. it's common sense to keep a thread on topic. when people tend to lose their common sense is when i step in.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by preston1980 View Post
    But the kill stories I want to discuss are in this forum. And mrr23 is on a power trip lately. He likes to tell people that he is in charge and remind them of his power of "warning giving"

I can write anything I like as long as it is relative to the topic of the subject matter. The subject of kill stories can be expanded very far in many directions.

I disagree with people flaming and being rude or aggressive, but I dont mind someone calling BS on a story or telling there opinion on something. This world is full of opinions and not all of them match up, people will disagree on any matter, sometimes. So I say let em be, just keep it respectfull.

By the way, nice kills to the poster.
    Now lets see if I get a warning for my opinions.
    discuss that particular kill all you want. don't go off on a tangent of how that car's drivetrain sucks and will break if you keep doing 6000 rpm launches.

you are correct. i like to 'remind' people that i am here to maintain order in this forum. thus i give out a 'verbal' warning before i run off and give out actual alerts/warnings that will count against you. damn how unfair i am.

you want to talk about how crappy the import drivetrain is, then go and post in the Domestics and Foreigns forum.

keep the topic about that exact kill/race. don't need to start the whole bench racing of well if that car had a ford 9" and slicks it would out launch that import any day of the week without breaking, and how that transmission isn't made to take 6000 rpms launches. don't really car.

if you want to discuss a car's abilities, then take some notes from this thread. http://ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19308 has nothing to do with a particular race at all. it's a generalized topic. there have been some heated moments and i haven't done anything with the thread. it's still open and no alerts/warnings have been handed out. damn my power tripping self...

if you want a warning for your opinion, i'll be happy to oblige.

again, this is where the topic has been drawn away from it's original post completely. and this is where it gets locked, because of it.
    if you have a concern about how i'm handling this forum, feel free to contact the admin of the board. Ed Blown Vert if he tells me to change how i'm handling this forum, then i will. until then, it stays how i run it.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Thread Information