Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

Camaro Cracked Dash

So I read a couple of posts about the F-Body cracked dash problem. I have a couple of questions.

Is there any way to repair that big honkin plastic section of the dash?

Where can I find the best and cheapest replacement for it, if i can't repair it?

I have a 99 Camaro, is it as simple as prying it loose from velcro tabs or are there screws under the dash?

My dash is cracked big time in three areas, none intersect. I came across replacement dashes at Hawks Third Gen Parts, but really don't want to spend ~200 bucks to get a replacement. I haven't asked any of my local dealers. I fear they would charge as much if not more.

Thanks

JJ

black
    98 Camaro

it just snaps out. there are two duel lock fasteners. one in the front and one in the rear of the upper dash pad. first you have to remove both windshield garnish moldings at the A pillar. then use a small screwdriver to pry up on the dash pad a little at a time until it snaps out. u have to use finese when removing the dash pad though, be carefull not to crack any of the locator pins.

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

Thanks. I would say I'll be gentle but the dash is in very bad condition. Don't hate me for being cheap, but I think I am just going to get a custom dash cover. I have my eye on a cover from global accessories inc. I saw the ones from Coverking, but thought Global was a better price. I was hoping to google my way to some type of repair, but since it is plastic I guess all hope is lost. I'll be sure to pick up a few dash board bobble heads to make sure i don't let any one down. Man I feel cheezie even thinking about buying a rug for the car, man why could they use vinyl.

Thanks

JJ

Impounded

Blue
    00ss

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by tdking112 View Post
    it just snaps out. there are two duel lock fasteners. one in the front and one in the rear of the upper dash pad. first you have to remove both windshield garnish moldings at the A pillar. then use a small screwdriver to pry up on the dash pad a little at a time until it snaps out. u have to use finese when removing the dash pad though, be carefull not to crack any of the locator pins.
    x2

Replace it, don't waste time and $ fixin' it, will look like shit....

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

I agree, and it looks bad right now. Any one know of the best place to buy a new dash piece?

JJ

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am

Here is one on ebay. Hope it helps. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1997-...spagenameZWD1V

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

thanks. I have been watching ebay for a few months now. I am amazed at howmany people are willing to pay a lot of money for a used dash pad. I did find someone in FL on ebay selling new dash pads. She has her price hovering at 141 for now. In a twist of fate my brother bought me a new dash pad for xmas. I just hope I don't screw it up trying to put it in.

thanks

Thread Information