Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

It has nothing to do with coupling a big turbo with a small motor, it has to do with a turbo period. On any motor you will lose boost during a shift if the throttle plate closes. Either it is released through a blow off valve, or old systems without blow off vales the boost will push back on the compressor wheel and spin it backwards.

And "all that crap" consisted of about 10 minutes worth of work, and was completely free of charge for me =)

By all means stay with your v8, I don't recall ever asking you to buy a 4 cylinder, I thought I was pretty clear about that in my wesman video.

Your arguements however, are invalid.

Pretty sweet little gadget you got there 4tun8. Me likey a lot! However, you need to learn how to rub Wesman the right way. When it comes to boosted, AWD, non-V8 performance, there is only one machine that will put a smile on Wesman's face, and it's not an Import. This one's for you Wesman, ....

When is the rematch, 4tun8?

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

this is starting to remind me of some months back when i had to ban some people. again, you two need to steer clear of each others threads. or, history may have to repeat itself.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

When I win the lottery lol.

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    this is starting to remind me of some months back when i had to ban some people. again, you two need to steer clear of each others threads. or, history may have to repeat itself.

IMO we've been respectful, there's been no name calling or bashing etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23
    this is starting to remind me of some months back when i had to ban some people. again, you two need to steer clear of each others threads....
    Although I'm aware that this was directed toward Wesman and 4tun8, I just wanted to clarify that when I asked when the rematch was, I honestly meant between the Evo & Cobra, not between Wesman and 4tun8. Been away for awhile, and I can't believe that you guys haven't gotten together and had a beer already! Life's way too short to be arguing with each other guys, even if it is a clean arguement....

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    Exactly. I haven't called him any names, he hasn't called me any names. Nobodys calling names, period. We're being civilized and having a discussion. I don't see what the problem is.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    Pretty sweet little gadget you got there 4tun8. Me likey a lot! However, you need to learn how to rub Wesman the right way. When it comes to boosted, AWD, non-V8 performance, there is only one machine that will put a smile on Wesman's face, and it's not an Import. This one's for you Wesman, ....

Nice video. Typhoons/Syclones are awsome trucks

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Exactly. I haven't called him any names, he hasn't called me any names. Nobodys calling names, period. We're being civilized and having a discussion. I don't see what the problem is.
    so long as you two are ok with each other, then keep it that way.

it gets old when 4tun8 makes a post, then wesman comes in with there's no way an import can do this or that. just because you don't believe it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. or your other statement of if it's making that much power, the import just isn't reliable, or it'll constantly break. hell, i bet i've broke my transmission more times that 4tun8 has. oh yeah and the turbo lag issue.

here have fun with my video of getting beat by a turbo import running 11.84 to my 12.67.

http://www.centralfloridastreetcars....os/1267run.wmv

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

or better yet. my 408 with 180 nitrous vs a 33psi laser

http://www.centralfloridastreetcars....vidgoliath.wmv

70 roll i lose 40 roll i win big.

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

I can't wait till I'm on my computer to watch those vids. I think its really cool that you posted losses. You must be like me, I don't mind losing at all, its all in good fun, and when someone does beat me (my car is no slouch) like this cobra did, you know its a serious car.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Its always good when people can man up to their losses. I am no big import lover myself, but the Evo is one car I do respect because I have watched one grow up around me. Started as a regular Evo 8, the guy upgraded the turbo a few months after he owned it, did cams, nitrous, some other stuff over the years and its one bad machine. Daily drives it too. Definantly something I would own along my F-body.

Back to the race however..

Anytime I hear Kenne Bell and Cobra in the same sentence it makes me smile. I hate to see you loose 4tun8 because I know you have a badass Evo and put lots of effort in it, but damn that was awesome

primer
    93 GEO *limited edition*

damn, nice death.

I still think you shift slow, even with NLTS

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

so long as you two are ok with each other, then keep it that way.

it gets old when 4tun8 makes a post, then wesman comes in with there's no way an import can do this or that. just because you don't believe it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. or your other statement of if it's making that much power, the import just isn't reliable, or it'll constantly break. hell, i bet i've broke my transmission more times that 4tun8 has. oh yeah and the turbo lag issue.

here have fun with my video of getting beat by a turbo import running 11.84 to my 12.67.

http://www.centralfloridastreetcars....os/1267run.wmv
    The fact that you've broken your transmission does not mean that its a weak design. It was probably attributed to driver error, because the T56 is a stout transmission overall. The T56 is a much stronger transmission than the tiny trans found in th Evo, go on the Evo forums, you'll see tons of posts about broken transmissions. I just saw one while browsing the other day where someone with an Evo asked why their trans is grinding into 2nd and 3rd gear, especially with only 30,000 miles. The people who replied weren't surprised, they said it was a common occurance and probably just the synchros being worn out.

You can't cheat physics, just because one person is lucky and doesn't have a problem doesn't mean its a strong drivetrain, you're limited by the small size of the unit itself. Hence the reason many guys have issues with the 7.5" 10 bolt in f-bodies, its not big enough for putting down 400+WHP, especially with sticky tires.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

A friends neighbor has a 550awhp cyclone. Amazing truck, my favorite performance truck. I was with him once where guy in a Mach 1 thought it was a s10 with rims. He reved the guy in the stang just started laughing light changed and at about 110 when we had bus lengths on the stang, thats when he realized it was a low 11 high 10 second truck.

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

The fact that you've broken your transmission does not mean that its a weak design. It was probably attributed to driver error, because the T56 is a stout transmission overall. The T56 is a much stronger transmission than the tiny trans found in th Evo, go on the Evo forums, you'll see tons of posts about broken transmissions. I just saw one while browsing the other day where someone with an Evo asked why their trans is grinding into 2nd and 3rd gear, especially with only 30,000 miles. The people who replied weren't surprised, they said it was a common occurance and probably just the synchros being worn out.

You can't cheat physics, just because one person is lucky and doesn't have a problem doesn't mean its a strong drivetrain, you're limited by the small size of the unit itself. Hence the reason many guys have issues with the 7.5" 10 bolt in f-bodies, its not big enough for putting down 400+WHP, especially with sticky tires.

Driver is 90% of the reason Evo Transmissions fail as well. Traction breaks stuff, and stupid is contagious, put traction and stupid in the same car and you can see where I'm going.

The evo transmission is strong as HELL, with one exception......The MR's 6 speed, I will concede that it's junk. They burn up 4th gear when you're road racing and hot lapping at the track, it's a cooling issue, and has nothing to do with the overall strength of the gears.

And as for size holding any bearing....take a look at the crazy power you can hold with straight cut gears in an evo transmission....still the same bell housing and such, but it will hold anything you can throw at it.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

who said i have a T56? i have a 4L60E. the common weak point is the 3/4 clutch pack. it is very well known and common. i've been through at least 6 3/4 clutch packs and about 4 bands.

i have yet to break my 10 bolt. all stock with 3.73 gears.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

The evo transmission is strong as HELL.
    The "5th Gear Grind"

Popping out of Gear?

2nd Gear Grinding

Whining Gears

Broken Transfer Case

Another Broken Transfer Case

And one that just plain BLEW UP for good measure

I hate to inform you of this, but its a Mitsubishi. "Quality and "Durability" are not in their vocabulary. Words like "cheap", "poorly built", and "quick profit" are more of what comes to mind. Perhaps in your mind Mitsubishi makes "tough as hell" transmissions. Not in the real world though.

And Straight cut gears?? They aren't meant for street use, the whining from those is ridiculous. If you need straight cut gears to hold any real power than that is pathetic.
    Last edited by Wesman; 10-31-2007 at 08:31 PM.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

who said i have a T56? i have a 4L60E. the common weak point is the 3/4 clutch pack. it is very well known and common. i've been through at least 6 3/4 clutch packs and about 4 bands.

i have yet to break my 10 bolt. all stock with 3.73 gears.
    Everyone knows the 4L60E isn't stout enough to take tons of abuse behind an LS1. I was referring to manuals though.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

It must do a pretty good job because alot of guys still run it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information