Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Black
    2002/ WS6

Good luck with it. I built up my 98 V6 firebird to 370 rwhp and 430 rwtq on a 125 wet shot. Wasnt easy but very fun and well worth. It had Diamond forged and coated pistons, stock l32 forged rods, Ported heads and intakes, Pretty big cam back then and a 125 shot of N20. on motor it made 230rwhp and 230rwtq. Most fun I ever had in a car untill shit started breaking every week. I had a stock tranny with a spec stage 3 clutch and a stock rear end with a T/A cover. Broke 2 trannies and 3 rears in a matter of 8 months. I got sick of not being able to drive my car so thats why I sold her and got a LS1. Oh yeah the car wasnt even tuned properly. I had a Maft + on it because there was no software out at the time. My a/f on motor was 11.8.1 and on the juice it was between 9:5.1 and 10:2.1. I tuned the car on motor with the maft+ but I was to scared to tune it on the spray. My only suggestion is dont expect super high numbers on the dyno. I went into mine thinking 400rwhp on the spray and 250rwhp on motor. The 1st pull on motor was 200rwhp. I got it tuned to 230rwhp but that was it. I still went from 186rwhp on the stock motor to 230 on the built motor which was pretty good. After that though every dyno I go in on now I expect low numbers. When I 1st dynoed my WS6 I expected 310rwhp since it was a cat back and lid but it pulled 330rwhp!
    Last edited by slow-v6; 06-02-2009 at 05:09 AM.

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

I can't wait to see some updates on this engine.

Sofa King we Todd did

Black
    1990 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by M-ManLA View Post
    I can't wait to see some updates on this engine.
    Me either!

Sux to have all these parts sitting in the garage while I work on everyone else's car

I only have a little welding to do on the headers, then make the downpipes and the hotside will be complete. I have decided to use and air-to-water intercooler, so that really is the last major purchase. Then it's onto bending some fuel lines as I want to use the stock fuel rail, but plumb both rails inline using 2 regulators (two 8an lines, one to each side of the rail, then two 6an's returning).

Good thing I bought a ceramic coating rig, 'cause the headers are getting all rusty haha.

The car from VA is still here and have the back 1/2 and exhaust complete. Then it's getting turned around and the k-member is being replaced, cam and head swap, ECM swap, tuning and Corvette brake swap. Perhaps then I will be able to find time to get back on the twin turbo. The car has been inoperable for 2yrs now, and I'm getting the itch!
    Last edited by Forced_Firebird; 06-18-2009 at 11:23 AM.

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

Quote Originally Posted by Forced_Firebird View Post
    Me either!

Sux to have all these parts sitting in the garage while I work on everyone else's car

I only have a little welding to do on the headers, then make the downpipes and the hotside will be complete. I have decided to use and air-to-water intercooler, so that really is the last major purchase. Then it's onto bending some fuel lines as I want to use the stock fuel rail, but plumb both rails inline using 2 regulators (two 8an lines, one to each side of the rail, then two 6an's returning).

Good thing I bought a ceramic coating rig, 'cause the headers are getting all rusty haha.

The car from VA is still here and have the back 1/2 and exhaust complete. Then it's getting turned around and the k-member is being replaced, cam and head swap, ECM swap, tuning and Corvette brake swap. Perhaps then I will be able to find time to get back on the twin turbo. The car has been inoperable for 2yrs now, and I'm getting the itch!
    That's a good itch

green
    1994 camaro

any updates?

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

Yea man I want to hear some good news right now. I've been having an extremely bad year.

Thread Information