Black
    01 Camaro SS

Advice on pricing these rims.

Hey guys, I posted in teh F/S section and then thought I probably should have posted here first. Getting in over my head w/ modding this thing and it isn't even in the driveway yet. I hate modding.......

Can one of you guys or gals, tell me what the going rate for selling these rims are barring they're a 8/10. I've found some rims I'd like to get for the car but these need to go to help offset the cost. If these rims don't sell or if they're pocket change Ill just have to use these until funds clear up in the future. Needs 4 new tires though so its almost retarded not to pick up the rims w/ good tires on them for what it cost to put 4 new tires on. But Ill end up dishing out 600 more than tires and w/ taxes coming up here next month and having to pay taxes at registration time for the car, just can't do it.

Helps greatly appreciated!

96 Imp SS- 12.74@103, 1.74 60' out of fuel

06 AWD TB SS- 12.58@106, 1.76 60'

01 Camaro SS- Totaled

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

If the tires are bad but the rims are perfect you may get $600-800 for them. Depends on how bad someone wants them. Check ebay and see what they are going for +shipping.

Also what you can do is take the tires off and sell them individually on ebay and set the reserve for $200. Try to just sell one at first, if you make the reserve then cool, if not lower the reserve to $150. When it sells you will have an idea what you can get for one rim and set the others at a reserve similiar to what you sold the first one for.

If you don't feel like selling and shipping each one individually then put all four on ebay without the tires-save on shipping with less weight. Good luck.

Black
    01 Camaro SS

Thanks 02. I was actually thinking about keeping 2 and mounting DR's on them for track use. Maybe a set of slicks, who knows if the slicks will fit ok on the 17s. I'd def like to dump these puppies though! Thanks again.

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

I'd keep them. I kept mine (they are just like the ones you have pictured) and will hold on to them just in case I go to sell. Some people like the orginal wheels when you go to sell the car. Then you can recoup the money on your nice aftermarket ones. Just my .02
    2000 SS Camaro Heads, Large cam, Fast 90, 9"w/430's and locker, yada yada yada... you get the picture

1971 SS ElCamino 402 Big Block 550HP

2006 Silverado 2500HD 496 cubic inches of pure muscle

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

If the tires are pretty worn out, you are probably looking at $400 for the wheels, thats what I see them selling for quite frequently. You can buy 4 brand new anniversary 10 spoke wheels from GM for $600 now. Those wheels you have much demand.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    If the tires are pretty worn out, you are probably looking at $400 for the wheels, thats what I see them selling for quite frequently. You can buy 4 brand new anniversary 10 spoke wheels from GM for $600 now. Those wheels you have much demand.
    wow i was way off. Too bad they aren't the 35th anniv. ss rims they'll fetcha pretty penny

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalaSSpeed96 View Post
    Thanks 02. I was actually thinking about keeping 2 and mounting DR's on them for track use. Maybe a set of slicks, who knows if the slicks will fit ok on the 17s. I'd def like to dump these puppies though! Thanks again.
    If you're only gonna get that kind of money for them i would keep em. Don't forget to melt the old tires tho. Then get some slicks that would be clutch. What rims are you planning on putting on you car next?

Black
    01 Camaro SS

I really am not concerned w/ after I need to sell it. I have to much crap from the other cars sitting around the house to have 4 rims around too.

I was really only hoping to get about 400 for them honestly. But you're saying they're in high demand?

My next rims? Oh, I'm going super original. Probably never even seen them before ZO6 rims. Have two I'm looking at right now, 17-18 combo and 19-20 combo. 19-20 is 275 more. But I'm worried about fitment issues w/ them.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalaSSpeed96 View Post
    I really am not concerned w/ after I need to sell it. I have to much crap from the other cars sitting around the house to have 4 rims around too.

I was really only hoping to get about 400 for them honestly. But you're saying they're in high demand?

My next rims? Oh, I'm going super original. Probably never even seen them before ZO6 rims. Have two I'm looking at right now, 17-18 combo and 19-20 combo. 19-20 is 275 more. But I'm worried about fitment issues w/ them.
    I think I made a typo in my first post, I am saying they are NOT in high demand.

Black
    01 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    I think I made a typo in my first post, I am saying they are NOT in high demand.
    Thats why I asked, cause I didn't think they really were. I figure they're an upgrade to the low end Z28 wheels. Who knows. My friends advice was to sell them individually for guys looking for strip rims.... I really think I'm going to keep 2 of them for that myself though. But how longs the rear gonna hold up w/ launching on the strip....

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

I would still sell the other two individually on ebay, for some dude that hit a curb or something and he jsut wants one wheel. You'll get more money that way but you just have to deal with more people...

Black
    01 Camaro SS

I'm gonna keep two, and I'm pretty sure I already found a guy that wants the other two. He's close so I told him if they're in great shape I'd deliver em to him for 200 and we'd deal then. Sound fair? I thought so.

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

i don't kno i always start high and see who bites. maybe some kid would buy them for more. I guess im to greedy

Black
    01 Camaro SS

Ahh, guy said he'd give me 200 for em if I delivered em. He's only an hour away and I have some friends up that way anyway. Ill keep the other two for track tires when I get some more spare cash. Just really glad i was able to get rid of em so fast!

Thread Information