Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6 T-Top

Why does this car invite so many races?

I've owned this thing since May, and I still don't get it. For some reason, its getting worse now.

Everyday on my drive home from work I have a long stretch of freeway. People mess with me all the time - today a lowered Titan tried running me from a 50 mph roll. That was a complete ass kicking. Honestly, in the last month, I've raced two Titans, one modded Powerstroke, a non-turbo Supra, a couple Mustangs, a 5.7 GTO, and some Volvo "mommy mobile."

I'll just be driving along and one of these cars or trucks will start pacing me. I'll try to resist, but my right foot has a mind of its own and moves forward lol. All joking aside, I'm getting a little sick of it. I know this car is not the fastest thing out there, but still faster than 90% of the cars on the road. But come on, why do all the 6,000 lb trucks and slow cars think they can run with it????

Maybe it has to do with ignorance. I've come up on Terminators before, and they'll slow down and invite me to race. I know they'll kick my ass, so I don't race them (at least not until I mod up some more). I don't mess with Corvettes, I know they'll take me up top. I know an LS2 GTO will beat me from a roll. I wonder if these people are actually car enthusiasts - and study what's out there - or think because they have a "wing" or "diesel programmer" they can magically run a low 13 second 1/4 mile.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

no

its not always them just wanting to actually race you to beat you... you got a fast car... they want to see how fast... impress them... lol.. friend has a h/c camaro w/ exhaust... sounds sick as hell.... trucks... minivans... EVERYTHING tries to get him to get on it.. they know they cant win... they just want to see how fast it is and be like oooooh shit son lol

NBM
    98 trans am

hahah yea man! i was in my old v6 firebird.. and i pull up next to a cammed t/a, so i revved( you could barely hear me over his idle) and he just took off at the light.. it was amazing.. i didnt even floor it

Black & Black
    2001 Firehawk & 2002 WS-6

I like to think other people like to see and hear performance cars get up and go. It could also be to see if you are the type of owner who will drive the car like it is capable of being driven or if you are a tool that just owns a fast car and drives it like a little old lady. One day I was passing a full size Chevy HD truck and I hear his diesel keep speeding up and slowing down so when traffic cleared I dropped down to either 4th just to let him hear it as I left. I knew he wasn't trying to race me BTW because he was pulling a loaded equipment trailer.

blue,blue
    00 z-28 m6, 06 H3

i agree. mostly they just want to see what the car has. but on the other hand because of all the shows airing banks and bullydog i've had more trucks try to run me in the past months than cars. i try to hold back but mostly the racer comes out.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

I don't street race. Whenever a car gets beside me and revs, or paces, or otherwise acts stupid, I just wave and smile at him/her/it.

Works for me.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    I don't street race. Whenever a car gets beside me and revs, or paces, or otherwise acts stupid, I just wave and smile at him/her/it.

Works for me.

x2 usually, but with the hardheads I show 'em my badge and they leave me alone.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by jad628 View Post
    x2 usually, but with the hardheads I show 'em my badge and they leave me alone.
    THat sounds like it'd be a good idea for those ricers that won't leave you alone. I need to get a fake badge I can show them so they'll back off.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by thecorrectformula View Post
    THat sounds like it'd be a good idea for those ricers that won't leave you alone. I need to get a fake badge I can show them so they'll back off.
    It might work, mine's real though.

The person who sees it more often than not gets a verbal warning that I will make their life miserable if they don't quit.

Wants to be Snowboarding FuhBreezeE's Avatar

Stg IV a4
    '99 TA Ws777

Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    its not always them just wanting to actually race you to beat you... you got a fast car... they want to see how fast... impress them... lol.. friend has a h/c camaro w/ exhaust... sounds sick as hell.... trucks... minivans... EVERYTHING tries to get him to get on it.. they know they cant win... they just want to see how fast it is and be like oooooh shit son lol
    That's exactly right. My TA is H/C with true duals and a lopey cam. They'll wave me forward or just stare or lunge forward. They'll do anything to see what your car has.

Impulse Blue
    2006 GTO

Dude....Your like the "Big boobed hott chick at the bar"...Gonna get all the attention, nothing you can do about it. It's gonna happen wether you like it or not. If want to be the "fat friend" buy a honda...Problem solved..lol.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

lmao

honestly, i can't get a race for shit. i'm pissed. I had one race all summer and i got killed by a turbo 300z..and i didn't think he would even bite! I find more often if i don't instigate, no one tries. Oh wait, i wasted a new GT on the highway-old guy, he was beggin for it...felt bad-saw the look on his face afterwards and he was pissed!

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I dont know why you wouldnt race cars, Race vettes, if they have the ls1 it wil lbe close, and ls2 GTOs i pull from a dig or a roll. The cobra would be a good race for me I dont know what you run. If a faster car pulls next to me i will race,i used to race ferraris and lambos in my 01 GMC Jimmy. I just like to see how well i can keep up with faster cars.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

hahah

tyc that was great! lmao yuou make that up or steal it haha....

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I'll put either race or put down anything that tries me. I had an idiot in a lumina the other day thinking I was racing and he thought he was winning from the look on his face. I thought screw that shit and ruined his day. It was a stock piston knocking, fadded, pealing paint, wheels caked with brake dust, yellow stained windows, rusty piece of crap too.

THE WS6 THAT COULD
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksd View Post
    I've owned this thing since May, and I still don't get it. For some reason, its getting worse now.

Everyday on my drive home from work I have a long stretch of freeway. People mess with me all the time - today a lowered Titan tried running me from a 50 mph roll. That was a complete ass kicking. Honestly, in the last month, I've raced two Titans, one modded Powerstroke, a non-turbo Supra, a couple Mustangs, a 5.7 GTO, and some Volvo "mommy mobile."

I'll just be driving along and one of these cars or trucks will start pacing me. I'll try to resist, but my right foot has a mind of its own and moves forward lol. All joking aside, I'm getting a little sick of it. I know this car is not the fastest thing out there, but still faster than 90% of the cars on the road. But come on, why do all the 6,000 lb trucks and slow cars think they can run with it????

Maybe it has to do with ignorance. I've come up on Terminators before, and they'll slow down and invite me to race. I know they'll kick my ass, so I don't race them (at least not until I mod up some more). I don't mess with Corvettes, I know they'll take me up top. I know an LS2 GTO will beat me from a roll. I wonder if these people are actually car enthusiasts - and study what's out there - or think because they have a "wing" or "diesel programmer" they can magically run a low 13 second 1/4 mile.
    because everyone knows their fast

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

i used to mess with hotrods just to see it run i love hotrods and love to see them perform. when im in my ta i do the same. heck if was driving a vw and saw a lambo id screw with it to see go a little wouldnt you?

Impulse Blue
    2006 GTO

True. Fast cars are meant to be raced, but even if they are'nt racing I still like to see em run....Like strippers, meant to strip but even if shes not at the club I'd still like to see her strip a lil.

down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Hell to be honest...i try to race some Mustang GT's (not the new ones) just to hear there exhaust and go...personally..I dont have a big problem with GT's (not the newer ones) or Cobras..i mean at least the person has enough sense to drive something related to what we drive..something American (as far as a sports car goes).

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6 T-Top

Quote Originally Posted by NiteRiderWs6 View Post
    because everyone knows their fast
    Yes, but this isn't a comparable car (or highly modified ones) wanting to measure their vehicle against mine. These are vehicles that run 1-2+ seconds slower in the quarter mile. That's bus lengths.

IMHO, its stupidity. It'd be like me racing a brand new Z06 just to see if he beats me by 10 car lengths or 11. The outcome is the same lol

Thread Information