Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Red
    1999 Pontiac GTP

Quote Originally Posted by John_Deere_LS1 View Post
    i asked around to see if anyone knew ya i ended up racing one of them turboed out hondas instead(instant kill as soon as i got over 4g's in 1st).... im headin up to stanton this saturday with my buddy whos got a 98 z28 with a sts single turbo(depending if i have to work my saturday which is actually a friday night since im on 3rd shift) for some f-body meet i guess... you should come up and see how many ls1's you can beat, starting with mine (your confidence almost assures me your victory)...

as for the 20th of october im parking my car for the winter the 15th after i go to a court date in howell to testify for a friend....

im not goin anywhere if we dont hook up this fall ill be out in the spring for sure... but in the spring im not promissing the same car(performance wise) im offering you to run this weekend....

toodles, jordan
    I can't run Saturday, that's our club dyno day. I have some tuning to do before the 20th. I'm sure there are quited a few LS1's I could run with but obviously if they have done what I have done to mine I'd be seeing tail lights. I try to pick my races wisely. I think with your current mods we would have a good run. If you do more then I probably would be in trouble. Time will tell, probably have to run you next spring.

I'm not racing the bike....no brainer. Maybe with my GN when it's done.

Its a 4 door vette bitch! JOHN_DEERE_LS6's Avatar

Black Raven/Ebony cowskin
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

where you guys dynoing at...

Blue
    00 Z28 6Spd / 03 Z71 LT

shoot, ill run the gtp guys after this winter
    00 Z28 M6 T-tops
    00 SS A4 T-tops (Sold)
    99 Corvette M6 (Sold)
    98 Z28 A4 Coupe (Sold)
    98 Z28 A4 T-tops (Sold)

Some kind of Orange
    2002 TA WS6, 2004 GTP WS6

omethign about a mid-michigan grand prix club.... they rent out stanton drag strip sometime in october.... i should go up there and kick there asses for them.... my buddy ses one of them is in the 11's.... anyone else wanna go pick on some gtp's if i get the date??
    Sure..er..wait..I'll be there in the GTP...

"Them GTPs are just fast enough to ruin someone's day" --Older racer, Milan Dragway

So some can be easily 12s street car...some even faster. Add in DR/Slicks, race gas and well unless the ol LSX is fairly well modded you might be surprised. Heck I am 306 wheel hp and I am not even intercooled...although I do have the above mentioned Gen V blower.
    John
    2002 Trans Am WS6 SOM ASC#9157, A4, Volant CAI, 3.73s, Borla, HP Tuners; 13.20@107
    2004 GP GTP CompG WS6 FOM, XP Cam, Headers, CAI, 3.0 Pulley; 13.3@105 (street trim/tires) & 306whp

Red
    1999 Pontiac GTP

where you guys dynoing at...
    VT Performance

2005 Cadillac CTS-V

how much is it to pull?

Red
    1999 Pontiac GTP

how much is it to pull?

I think it's $40.00 for two pulls but it is probably limited to our club members only. I have seen some local non club member cars there in the past so they might let you run. I'd rather you keep the insurance on it one more week and run me at Stanton on the 20th. Or if your back in town tomorrow night some of us will probaby go to the lot. Maybe we can run then. I'd rather run at the track because I really can't use more than a blip of first gear on street tires. If your interested in our dyno day I'll ask if they'll let you run. We could settle for a HP challenge this year

2005 Cadillac CTS-V

yeha my buddy bailed on the f-body meet today at stanton so im gonan be aorund home and lansing all day(gotta go get a new cell my speaker took a shit in my chocolate phone!!)... more than likley ill be down on cedar tonight... ill look for ya....

jordan

Red
    1999 Pontiac GTP

yeha my buddy bailed on the f-body meet today at stanton so im gonan be aorund home and lansing all day(gotta go get a new cell my speaker took a shit in my chocolate phone!!)... more than likley ill be down on cedar tonight... ill look for ya....

jordan
    Jordan,

Good to see you at our club event. Some of those damn GTP's run pretty good don't they.

See yeah in the spring,

Chris

Good to see Dave there as well.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor285 View Post
    Bolt-on's- Mid to high 13's
    +Mild cam-Low 13's street tires, high 12's DR's
    +Intercooler-Low 12's DR's or Slicks
    +Heads-Possible high 11's, at least very low 12's
    Also a newer (Gen V) blower swap is good for 20WHP over a fully ported Gen III that the 97-03 come with.

We haven't even discussed turbo or nitrous

Oh and PS- A W-Body is not even close to an import, is a GN?
    Angola? i'd didn't know i had to watch out for any fast GPs around here

Red
    1999 Pontiac GTP

Quote Originally Posted by colesherman86 View Post
    Raptor made it up to the race as well, it was nice to meet him.

I went 12.75 to John Deere's spinning 13.85 . I had the luxury of Quick Time Pros so he didn't have much of a chance. The best my car ran was a 12.60 @108.8 which was a new PB. Not bad for a FWD family car.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

Quote Originally Posted by slowgtp View Post
    Raptor made it up to the race as well, it was nice to meet him.

I went 12.75 to John Deere's spinning 13.85 . I had the luxury of Quick Time Pros so he didn't have much of a chance. The best my car ran was a 12.60 @108.8 which was a new PB. Not bad for a FWD family car.
    how fast did raptor run? and yeah spining is always a bitch, i lost to a 5.0 '89 trans am because i was spining out of the hole

Red
    1999 Pontiac GTP

how fast did raptor run? and yeah spining is always a bitch, i lost to a 5.0 '89 trans am because i was spining out of the hole
    He was having traction issues, I don't recall his exact ET.

2005 Cadillac CTS-V

raptors got vids of a few of my passes along with chris's (slowgtp) i was not at all happy with my times, and/or driving...... i asked him if he could post them and he sed no prob... where is he anywyas.......

Redfire Metallic
    2001 Pontiac GP GTP

Yeah sounds like you came across a heavily modded GTP. I've got some decent mods done on mine and I was able to creep past an LS2 GTO on the hwy from 75-145. And Raptor there is a good blower for the GTP it's called the whipple.

Red
    1999 Pontiac GTP

Quote Originally Posted by joe2k1gtp View Post
    Yeah sounds like you came across a heavily modded GTP. I've got some decent mods done on mine and I was able to creep past an LS2 GTO on the hwy from 75-145. And Raptor there is a good blower for the GTP it's called the whipple.
    Just a few mods . Mine should be faster but I was slipping the belt with a 2.8 pulley. So I had to run a 3.0 at only 11#'s of boost. A bit of tuning and a new belt I shoud run low 12's.....I hope.

Dark Teal
    1997 Grand Prix GTP

When are you in Angola? I'm not sure where Howe is...let me know when you'll be in town and we can meet up, I'd like a ride in an LS1 when it's NOT raining...lol

Horrible horrible times...I would get eaten up if I posted them here...lol

raptors got vids of a few of my passes along with chris's (slowgtp) i was not at all happy with my times, and/or driving...... i asked him if he could post them and he sed no prob... where is he anywyas.......
    http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.as...mode=1&smode=1

Vids are there about halfway down, don't mind some of those guys, they are a little defensive...

Quote Originally Posted by joe2k1gtp View Post
    In the future...

Quote Originally Posted by slowgtp
    Just a few mods . Mine should be faster but I was slipping the belt with a 2.8 pulley. So I had to run a 3.0 at only 11#'s of boost. A bit of tuning and a new belt I shoud run low 12's.....I hope.
    If you get it tuned right and get to a nicely prepped track with a good day, I'm sure you'll see 11's

2005 Cadillac CTS-V

those guys are relentless about my driving.... get about 4 beers in me and im wayyyy better... i was afraid to leave any harder casue it sounded liek my rear end was going to gernade!! i guess if i had a A4 i coudl jsut push the gas like everyoen else and not have to worry abotu people certiquing my shifting abilitys..... and as for everyoen saying my car shoudl be taken away from me based on not being abel to drive it, come get it, ill call it in, get insurance money and build a fuckin duramax pickup to kick there asses with.... all them guys are welcome to come run me at a 25 mph roll.....

and its nice to see everyoen on that page seems no what my car SHOULD run... and i think my best time was a 13.63.. not the 13.85 i seen get used soo much in discussion...

but at the end of the day my cars your typical t/a youd see runnign around town and for the most part i still stand by my claim i cna take most typical gtp's(like the guy i see on creyts road all the time when im heading into work who always trys to race me and gets his ass kicked).... i never claimed to be the drag strip pro and the f-body master....

guess i shoudla just bitched out and not went???....

im soo glad to be putin that car up for the winter right about now, and have alll winter to plot my redemption..... maybe ill bolt my stock shifter to my lazy boy and practice all winter

god im pissed

Red
    1999 Pontiac GTP

those guys are relentless about my driving.... get about 4 beers in me and im wayyyy better... i was afraid to leave any harder casue it sounded liek my rear end was going to gernade!! i guess if i had a A4 i coudl jsut push the gas like everyoen else and not have to worry abotu people certiquing my shifting abilitys..... and as for everyoen saying my car shoudl be taken away from me based on not being abel to drive it, come get it, ill call it in, get insurance money and build a fuckin duramax pickup to kick there asses with.... all them guys are welcome to come run me at a 25 mph roll.....

and its nice to see everyoen on that page seems no what my car SHOULD run... and i think my best time was a 13.63.. not the 13.85 i seen get used soo much in discussion...

but at the end of the day my cars your typical t/a youd see runnign around town and for the most part i still stand by my claim i cna take most typical gtp's(like the guy i see on creyts road all the time when im heading into work who always trys to race me and gets his ass kicked).... i never claimed to be the drag strip pro and the f-body master....

im soo glad to be putin that car up for the winter right about now, and have alll winter to plot my redemption..... maybe ill bolt my stock shifter to my lazy boy and practice all winter

god im pissed
    Well I guess I'm part to blame for the ragging your getting. I did post your time as 13.85 to my 12.75. We both ran better later in the day and I guess I never mentioned it. I'm sure your times would be better if you could figure out how to speed shift and get rid of that bogg. You should get a tune but if your going to change the set up wait until that's done. I would like to see you mod it up and run me next year. Some drag radials would help you as well. Can't use the power if you can't hook up. Sorry if your getting beat up on this I wasn't trying to get you flamed on this.

just get to work on things and we can rematch next year.

Dark Teal
    1997 Grand Prix GTP

god im pissed
    4 of those guys in that post have LS1's...2 with a lot more mods than you...I told you to take what they say with a grain of salt. When I told people I ran a 14.2 with a 2.3 sixty they flipped out, my car should be running low 13's all day long. No one took into account the track conditions, yet you even said "what are they all excited about, a 12 flat?" when Babe was racing. Track conditions were good but not great and the 25 mph headwind was slowing everyone down a lot. As for the Grand Prix guys, a lot of those guys "know" that a properly driven LS1 should run 12's all day, a lot of them also think the LS1 is god...whenever one of them hears about someone running slower than a 12 in an LS1 f-body they all say the driver sucks or the car is broken. (But almost all of them think that the LT1 they lost to with their bolt-on GTP MUST have been heavily modded!) You probably could have been deeper in the 13's if you shifted harder and faster, but if your trans/rear was objecting then it is good that you didn't blow either one up. You also must have missed my post when I corrected GN that you ran a 13.6, which I thought was pretty good since you were babying your car. You did decent for your first time at the track, and all three of us learned new things about our cars. Don't be so pissed, I couldn't get out of the 14's! Did you see my worst pass? It was a lot worse than your 14.4! What you said about you being able to take most GTP's is true, you could probably even take mine from a roll. You need to get a tune, what are you planning for the winter, did you decide on N/A or FI?

I hope that comment on the beers wasn't true...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information