Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    all i know is that i couldnt believe that a suv could pull those times stock (gc srt-8) when i was at the track about two weeks ago there was three of em..there was a stock one doin low low 13's..one with intake, exhaust, which sounded sick. had like 4.5 inch borla tips was doin mid 12's...and one that i had no idea wtf had was runnin high 11's...in a friggin suv..i have a whole new kind of respect for those cars
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

White
    06 TBSS

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Red Barron View Post
    Click for full size

So can the Jeep. Not as much, mind you (at least not recommended). But it still CAN tow, nonetheless.
    Nice!
    Is that hitch offset or does it set directly under the exhaust? If it is offset, does it feel squirelly on rought/uneven pavement?

White
    06 TBSS

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Red Barron View Post
    I honestly mean no offense by this post. I'm not knocking the SS by any means. I had one and loved it. But comparing a TBSS that can be picked up brand new for the sub-$25k range to a GC SRT8 is like comparing an apple to a grapefruit.

BTW, $23,950 is a damned nice price on any TBSS. Good job on the deal you you made.
    No offense taken. I didn't even plan on buying it. I went to the dealer to have the work truck serviced and saw one thinking Awe shit, not another so called SS appearance package, when I noticed it had the LS2. The salesman came by and hadded me the keys and said take it for a spin. I did and he gave me one hell of a price on it. I bought the redneck version with a 5 gal bucket instead of a seat. I don't need a bunch of shit that I'm going to replace with aftermarket anyway. Aftermarket for the LSX motors is such that I can go as fast as I am willing to pay for, or I can shit can it and move on. I have driven a few JGCSRT8s and I can honestly tell you I would not pay $40k for one. If they made a version for under $25k 5 gal bucket or not I'd get it.

silver w/flames
    99 mustang

Even though I own an SS I like the srts better due to looks alone and of coarse they start out faster. I bought the SS because I knew it was gonna get modded and felt I was better off starting with the ls2. It gained 60rwhp from bolt ons and a tune. In the next couple of weeks it will have a cam and stall.
    99 35th GT: 5.0 stroker, twin 60 turbos, aeromotive return style fuel system, full suspension.
    575/563 @ 12lbs-adding more soon...

07 Trailblazer SS(wife's): 22s, 3200 stall, cammed and bolt ons, lowered. 405/405

Door-To-Door Pipelayer DJ Red Barron's Avatar

86 Buick GNx - Black
    08 Jeep GC SRT8 - SBM

Quote Originally Posted by shreveportSS View Post
    Nice!
    Is that hitch offset or does it set directly under the exhaust? If it is offset, does it feel squirelly on rought/uneven pavement?
    It's directly under the exhaust. From what I have read, it seems to work great.

Quote Originally Posted by shreveportSS View Post
    No offense taken. I didn't even plan on buying it. I went to the dealer to have the work truck serviced and saw one thinking Awe shit, not another so called SS appearance package, when I noticed it had the LS2. The salesman came by and hadded me the keys and said take it for a spin. I did and he gave me one hell of a price on it. I bought the redneck version with a 5 gal bucket instead of a seat. I don't need a bunch of shit that I'm going to replace with aftermarket anyway. Aftermarket for the LSX motors is such that I can go as fast as I am willing to pay for, or I can shit can it and move on. I have driven a few JGCSRT8s and I can honestly tell you I would not pay $40k for one. If they made a version for under $25k 5 gal bucket or not I'd get it.
    You definitely got a sweet ride for a great price.

LOL @ redneck version with a 5 gallon bucket. Seriously, though, even the most "stripped down" version of the SS is bad ass.

Thread Information