Thread: S K I L L Z

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

S K I L L Z

dunno about you, but that course is some scary shit at 150 mph!!!!

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

that guy needs to learn some basic driving skills.
    smoooothness is far from his skillset, but he seems to master drift... i think he might be more into drifting than lapping.
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

MGM
    Pontiac G8 GT & 99 Z28 6M

sideways at 150, balls of steel.

Jesus died to save you! Killer_bluebird's Avatar

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

I don't think he was driving for lap times, but just to give his passenger a good scare as he kept looking over to see his reaction. Personally if he would be driving smoothly I think it would scare his passenger just as much there in nothing like taking corners well and experiencing 1.5g of lateral force.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

pussy shit

Black
    99 SS

i used to do that shit in my nissan pulsar.

2008 Caliber SRT 4
    1998 Z28/ 1993 Talon awd

That was cool. He was just whipping around the course and hanging the tail out having fun. It was'nt a race just lapping. And yes he can drive, how many people take a half a million dollar car and do that to it on the track. I did not see anyone passing him.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    That was cool. He was just whipping around the course and hanging the tail out having fun. It was'nt a race just lapping. And yes he can drive, how many people take a half a million dollar car and do that to it on the track. I did not see anyone passing him.
    Not a whole lot of cars are gonna be able to make up for the Enzo's capabilities, regardless of driver skill (or lack thereof).

The guy did okay, but he does not anticipate well nor is he smooth. He could greatly increase his times with some seat time and instruction.

He does seem to have the balls though. And obviously, the money.

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

they normally go hand n' hand...

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    they normally go hand n' hand...

What, balls and money?

If you think that, you need to get out more.

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

well, just think about it...if you've got the money, you've got something to fall back on. A fall back plan gives you insurance, which is reassuring and makes you feel confident with decision making; ergot...you've got balls.

Wants to be Snowboarding FuhBreezeE's Avatar

Stg IV a4
    '99 TA Ws777

well, just think about it...if you've got the money, you've got something to fall back on. A fall back plan gives you insurance, which is reassuring and makes you feel confident with decision making; ergot...you've got balls.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

A nice wreck at 150 mph and it won't matter how much money you HAD.

That's my point. Rich or poor, dead is still dead.

A guy who's broke ain't gonna be allowed to touch and Enzo, but that doesn't mean he is ball-less. I don't ever confuse wealth with courage.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I used to do that shit in my 86 GMC s-15 longbed! I fuckin tortured that truck.hahahaha. "Put me in that bitch-I'll show you drivin!"-Hugo from "The Devils Rejects"

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_bluebird View Post
    I don't think he was driving for lap times, but just to give his passenger a good scare as he kept looking over to see his reaction. Personally if he would be driving smoothly I think it would scare his passenger just as much there in nothing like taking corners well and experiencing 1.5g of lateral force.
    +1 i would say he has alot of skill... 95% of people would have ate it before the end of the first lap

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    +1 i would say he has alot of skill... 95% of people would have ate it before the end of the first lap
    It is possible he is a very good driver and he was intentionally driving less than well. Sort of a "don't do this" type of lesson with a driver good enough to recover.

He entered turns way too late and several times he did not let the inertia let him drift up while holding his speed. And crossing it up?

He looked like a dirt track driver several times.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by jad628 View Post
    It is possible he is a very good driver and he was intentionally driving less than well. Sort of a "don't do this" type of lesson with a driver good enough to recover.

He entered turns way too late and several times he did not let the inertia let him drift up while holding his speed. And crossing it up?

He looked like a dirt track driver several times.
    Good observation.

He appeared to be a good driver who knows how to handle a road course in a high-powered RWD car, but was intentionally driving a few % over the limit on purpose. The reason behind his over-driving the car could be either that he was trying to impress/scare the passenger or that it was taped for some entertainment value for others. I bet the driver does not own the car but may know the owner and was showing his buddy what the car was capable of OR that the whole thing was recorded for entertainment value... a show or something.

Even though he was obviously intentionally overdriving the car, he still made some mistakes (beyond his intentional overdriving of the car) so if I had to guess, I'd say he is not a top-level driver, but a really good driver nonetheless, maybe even a professional.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Nismo View Post
    Good observation.

He appeared to be a good driver who knows how to handle a road course in a high-powered RWD car, but was intentionally driving a few % over the limit on purpose. The reason behind his over-driving the car could be either that he was trying to impress/scare the passenger or that it was taped for some entertainment value for others. I bet the driver does not own the car but may know the owner and was showing his buddy what the car was capable of OR that the whole thing was recorded for entertainment value... a show or something.

Even though he was obviously intentionally overdriving the car, he still made some mistakes (beyond his intentional overdriving of the car) so if I had to guess, I'd say he is not a top-level driver, but a really good driver nonetheless, maybe even a professional.
    Thanks, and welcome to LS1.com!!!

Thread Information