Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

I need some quick Info!! plz

I looked over my DYNO video... and a few still picture of the REVS and MPH...and it all didn't match... cause I was going 65mph and the gear was at at nearly 4,500 RPM... on the road that means I WAS IN 2nd!!!!... so.. Does the Ratio of the gears effect the Numbers at all?... cause I know it was suposed ot be in 3rd for the Dyno Runs...

Myself

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

It can... it really depends on the dyno calibration. The way ratios work is, the lower the gear, the more power transferred(obviously). So if you are in a lower gear then the dyno is calibrated for, it will calculate your HP incorrectly. In this case, it would show high... Like, quite a bit high.

However, the car doesn't HAVE to be in a particular gear, if the dyno operater set it up like that on purpose, then the readings would be correct.

The question is, is the number near, or lower then you expected? Then it was done right... if the results came out like 30-60 hp higher then what you would expect, then it was problably done wrong.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by B34M3R View Post
    It can... it really depends on the dyno calibration. The way ratios work is, the lower the gear, the more power transferred(obviously). So if you are in a lower gear then the dyno is calibrated for, it will calculate your HP incorrectly. In this case, it would show high... Like, quite a bit high.

However, the car doesn't HAVE to be in a particular gear, if the dyno operater set it up like that on purpose, then the readings would be correct.

The question is, is the number near, or lower then you expected? Then it was done right... if the results came out like 30-60 hp higher then what you would expect, then it was problably done wrong.
    Then I guess it didn't make much of a Difrence... it was Lower...but I had a Missfire that robbed HP... so I take it the gear had NO I'll effect... if anything it might've helped a bit...I guess I'll go try it again once it's fixed... and just to make sure there was no difrence do a run in 2nd On purpose... just to make sure..

Thread Information