Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Thumbs up had some fun in an 06 WRX

Spoke to a guy at the local sunday cruise-in who let me drive his 06 wrx. 2.4 Turbo, reflashed with exhaust and downpipe. It really impressed me-mostly just wanted to see how a car that is built to handle compares to a ws.6 with suspension mods. Honestly, the coolest thing was going through 90° turns @ 45mph and just sticking like glue. The car is quick for sure, I think he had about 285 hp or so and nearly 2800 lbs. Fun car. Honestly, it has been a while since I had a t/a with Koni's so in my head, the wrx takes the lead. hoping that this fall I can get my new shocks and be able to hang.

In the end, a ws.6 is just down right sexier, but those Imprezna's are very respectable cars

Custom Car Emblems
    from third_shift|studios
    Pittsburgh Car Detailing & Paint Protection from ts|s detailing
    jaison tortorea

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    Spoke to a guy at the local sunday cruise-in who let me drive his 06 wrx. 2.4 Turbo, reflashed with exhaust and downpipe. It really impressed me-mostly just wanted to see how a car that is built to handle compares to a ws.6 with suspension mods. Honestly, the coolest thing was going through 90° turns @ 45mph and just sticking like glue. The car is quick for sure, I think he had about 285 hp or so and nearly 2800 lbs. Fun car. Honestly, it has been a while since I had a t/a with Koni's so in my head, the wrx takes the lead. hoping that this fall I can get my new shocks and be able to hang.

In the end, a ws.6 is just down right sexier, but those Imprezna's are very respectable cars

ya there not too shaby

It is actually running a 2.5 turbo boxer with about stock 11-12 lbs boost which can be easily dialed at little cost to get some cheap hp gains
    Last edited by jtsimaras; 08-19-2007 at 03:23 PM.

green
    94 z28

Most of the WRX's around here are 02's, I only know of 1 06 but haven't actually seen it. It's a brother of a 06 evo. Haven't really seen either in a race, but from what I've heard they are mean cars. Much respect to the newwer WRX's, but none to the older ones like the 02.

Thread Information