Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Future Super Trooper Mr. CarelessAndImprudent's Avatar
    '69 Camaro

haha, my ranger's tires are bald and it is wild as shit in the rain

liss87
    Bald tires are a very bad thing especially when you are going to quick. They are bad on a dry road let alone a wet one. My 05 srt 4(R.I.P) can vouch for that. The bad part was I was not even speeding. I had an srt 4 before my trans am was on a road with another girl with me. The road was a new road and had no signs telling me that as soon as you top the hill there is a stop sign and a very sharp right turn. Well as far as I could tell the road went straight b/c you could not see over the hill. Half way up the hill my friend reaching for cds knocked my car out of gear looked down one second to put the car back in gear as we topped the hill and well the road turned and I was still going straight. The speed limit was 35 and i was doing about 41. Needless to say tried to make the corner but it just kept sliding forward. I hit the curb took out a wooden sign hit another curb and ended up about 5ft from a telephone pole. Broke both the axles, knocked intercooler up into the block, damage to rear passenger side, tires knocked off the rotors, front drivers tire forced up into fender well and through the door. 18k worth in damage. It still hurts to talk about it a little bit nvr been so depressed in my life. It was a no fault accident b/c the cop said I was not the first person to wreck there. That didnt make me feel any better. My insurance still went through the roof though. My trans am is my new baby.
    Last edited by liss87; 11-09-2005 at 12:29 PM.

Black
    1998 Camaro SS Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by liss87
    Bald tires are a very bad thing especially when you are going to quick. They are bad on a dry road let alone a wet one. My 05 srt 4(R.I.P) can vouch for that. The bad part was I was not even speeding. I had an srt 4 before my trans am was on a road with another girl with me. The road was a new road and had no signs telling me that as soon as you top the hill there is a stop sign and a very sharp right turn. Well as far as I could tell the road went straight b/c you could not see over the hill. Half way up the hill my friend reaching for cds knocked my car out of gear looked down one second to put the car back in gear as we topped the hill and well the road turned and I was still going straight. The speed limit was 35 and i was doing about 41. Needless to say tried to make the corner but it just kept sliding forward. I hit the curb took out a wooden sign hit another curb and ended up about 5ft from a telephone pole. Broke both the axles, knocked intercooler up into the block, damage to rear passenger side, tires knocked off the rotors, front drivers tire forced up into fender well and through the door. 18k worth in damage. It still hurts to talk about it a little bit nvr been so depressed in my life. It was a no fault accident b/c the cop said I was not the first person to wreck there. That didnt make me feel any better. My insurance still went through the roof though. My trans am is my new baby.
    Ouch. The insurance company has to love you!

'69 Camaro

trans am > srt4

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28

my first experience was the first weekend i had my car me a coupla friends went out to the "local strip" ,unused blacktop, and i shut off traction control and dump the clutch at like 3000 and it goes straight but im windin the piss out if it so i shift to 2nd, bad idea. I started in the center and went almost to the ditch on bothe sides twice but was able to keep it on the rode. And the second experience was this last weekend i was showin off to a coupla chicks that just had to ride in my car and i am pullin onto a 2 lane with turning lane and nobody was around so i shut off traction control and dump the clutch at like 2k and end up doin a 360. I was scared shitless and so were the girls with me but i just acted like i meant to do it and now they think im phsyco

'69 Camaro

Dude, those girls will get you into all sorts of trouble

liss87
    Girls do not get guys in trouble guys get themselvels in trouble by listening to themselves. lol just kidding but this is coming from a girls point of view

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel P.
    my first experience was the first weekend i had my car me a coupla friends went out to the "local strip" ,unused blacktop, and i shut off traction control and dump the clutch at like 3000 and it goes straight but im windin the piss out if it so i shift to 2nd, bad idea. I started in the center and went almost to the ditch on bothe sides twice but was able to keep it on the rode. And the second experience was this last weekend i was showin off to a coupla chicks that just had to ride in my car and i am pullin onto a 2 lane with turning lane and nobody was around so i shut off traction control and dump the clutch at like 2k and end up doin a 360. I was scared shitless and so were the girls with me but i just acted like i meant to do it and now they think im phsyco
    yeah, a 16 y/o doesn't need that kinda power or any reason to "show off" back it down a bit man, or you'll kill yourself and your insurance.

liss87 if you were in a ws6 at the time, you woulda cut that corner with no problem =)

Black
    99 SS

he could have the upgraded suspension pkg

Black
    1998 Camaro SS Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel P.
    Dude at your age you should be laying off the gas and laying on the girls

'69 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by liss87
    Girls do not get guys in trouble guys get themselvels in trouble by listening to themselves. lol just kidding but this is coming from a girls point of view
    Yeah, but we do it for you!
    Last edited by Mr. CarelessAndImprudent; 11-11-2005 at 12:17 PM.

lt4ever
    I passed a guy in an LS1 on an open freeway... obviously he didn't see me. I knew he didn't see me and so I slow and brake hard giving him a chance to catch up and me to slow down. So he catches up and from a roll we both punch it. At the time I had a built LT4 (heads, cam, etc), but this guy's nose is inching ahead of mine little by little. After hard driving and top speeds that made me shit my pants we both let off. Since he was inching ahead of me, I considered him the winner. Well, I slowed down and tucked in behind him. We made our way thru a few cars of traffic and in open freeway ahead of us we both punch it again... this time with me still behind him. Well, he hits the brake and hits it HARD... I swear I was going to rear end the mutha-$@#!~!! I got away from that A-hole and let him drive on. I don't mess with stupid people.

Black
    1998 Camaro SS Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by lt4ever
    I don't mess with stupid people.

'69 Camaro

what a jackass!

Black
    91 Corvette

I raced a guy and ran out of road once. I ran through a 'T' intersection, into the ditch, thruugh a fence, onto the freeway, and into the median on the freeway.

Stupid shit. Totalled my 99 WS6.

Slicks and skinnies do not provide the panic braking you're used to with a 275 up front.

Black
    1998 Camaro SS Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by neat
    I raced a guy and ran out of road once. I ran through a 'T' intersection, into the ditch, thruugh a fence, onto the freeway, and into the median on the freeway.

Slicks and skinnies do not provide the panic braking you're used to with a 275 up front.
    Dude that sucks. Were you hurt?

In yo' hood up to no good

1 of 122 Blk A4 WS6 Verts
    1999 T/A WS6 Vert A4

Quote Originally Posted by neat

Damn man!! You can look at it this way, the car was totalled while doing what it was designed to do. It's not like it was destroyed by a hurricane or something lame like that. Well as long as you walked away and no one else was hurt, cars can be replaced.

PS....I ran a "T" intersection once too. But mine was due to ice and snow. It's a dumb way to wreck a car.

2000 ss silver bullet volksmech1's Avatar

silver
    2000 camaro ss

i had a 92 camaro i just swaped the rear end from a2.56 open face airplane gear or maybe it was a 2.76 but any way swaped in a 3.73 posi. well thats were it went bad for me. i went on a road trip to north west arkansas and it was in the early hours of the mornin bout 3:30 or 4. so going through these winding ass mountain roads i hit a wet spot in this off angle corner and end up dukes of hazzarding over a round bale in a field and breaking both rear axles and knocking off the left rear wheel in which i then triped over when i got out of the car. luckily i had a friend in the area and got a ride to my parents house which was about 5 more miles if i would have made it. when i got back to the scene of the acident the state trooper set me off with a wreckless driving ticket cause he felt sorry for me because i already had 35 staples from ear to ear from gettin the plates put in my head the month before. so that was my crash story let me just say from june 27 2004"bat to the head in a fight= plates and staples" to august 30 2004 "wrecked my camaro" was the worst time in my life.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

dude, that's terrible man!

Thread Information