Pewter
    02 Z28

Angry Dont get a March performance Underdrive pulley

I bought a march performance pulley (part # MCH-4505) from summit a few weeks ago and I have nothing but problems with it, I took it to Robs at Overkill Motorsports and he cant put it on because the pulley sucks he has been trying for 2 days already and its not on yet I was there the first day when we worked on it and it was just imposible to put it on, Im pissed I payed good money for that expensive POS and it doesnt even work, Right now I dont even care if he puts it on as long as he puts a pulley back on the car do your self a favor and dont get that pos get a pulley from someone else
    Last edited by Empatho; 07-26-2007 at 05:12 PM.
    2002 Z28 Auto (3.23 gears)
    Mods
    Lid, UD pulley, Shift Kit, 160 Thermo, Y-pipe, Panhard, TB bypass, Bellow, K&N, Strut Brace, Flowmaster, weight reduction.

Pewter
    02 Z28

rob got the underdrive pulley back on the Z, and a shift kit, I didnt get allot of time to actually test it out to see If I felt any Diff, The thing that I could tell is that the car reved up faster, Im going to test If I see any diff with my Gtech maybe a tenth or hundred off or a mile faster

98 Formula
    06 duramax

did you guys try putting the pulley in the oven for a little while at 200 degrees? I used a powerbond but didn't have any problems getting it on. Keep in mind you don't really want the pulley to just plop right on. You want it to be a tight fit. Glad you got it worked out and got your car going again.

Pewter
    02 Z28

we measured the pulley and it was 1/16 of an inch thicker on the inside so it was almost imposible to put it on, we grinded off that 1/16 and torched it to get it hot and had to use a longer bolt to push it in, and the rest is history, Next mod is going to be a tune.

Jesus died to save you! Killer_bluebird's Avatar

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

Didn't have a problem with mine. It was tight but I've put it on and taken it off twice with no real trouble. Glad it finally worked out for you.
    Last edited by Killer_bluebird; 08-04-2007 at 06:44 PM.
    2000 NBM Camaro Z28
    Mods:
    SLP Lid & K&N, AHR Headers + 3" catted Y and Mangaflow, !EGR, !AIR, BMR CM STB, ST Front 35mm and Hellwig Adj. Rear 22mm Swaybar, Adj. Rod/Rod PHB, Koni SA's, Ground Control Springs & Adj. Ride height, and HPTuners.

10's N/A

March must be slippin' these days. I've used their crank pulley on every last car i've owned, except this one, and have always had good results. I tried an Aeromotive pulley on this one just for kicks and it is quality as well, just like everything else from Aeromotive!

green
    94 z28

Well, what was the gains from it? I've been looking for a underdrive pulley but I only hear crap about them and how they won't allow you to have a very good system...and I love to have loud music while driving.

Jesus died to save you! Killer_bluebird's Avatar

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

If you need the loud tunes get one with the alternator pulley. I ended up not installing my alternator pulley and having no problems charging but again I have a stock radio and am not interested in a big speaker system. As far as performance I don't know, as I changed quite a few things since I put it in when doing a camshaft swap. But the car revs a little quicker and I'm sure I got a few extra ponies out of the deal. I need to get back to the Dyno after I put my new clutch in.

Black
    1970 Convertible Corvette

I have been thinking of buying the ASP Underdrive pulley. They are on sale right now for $189 shipped at LMPerfomance.

Black
    2005 GTO

When I was searching for and underdrive this was the reason I did't get a march pulley. Heard of a bunch of people haveing problems getting them on, some had no problem. I did hear of any problems with the ASP so I got it.
    05 PBM GTO
    Cold Air Inductions CAI,
    Relocated IAT with omega,
    Slp Predator tune,
    Flowmaster axle back with H pipe,
    Custom tuned TCM.
    BC Racing coil overs

Sold 01 z28

Red
    1991 LS1 Z28

huh?

Mine went right on. Maybe ordered the wrong one? No issues what so ever, extremely happy March customer here.
    02 SS LS1, Tremec 6spd, Hurst shifter, Aubrn 3.42, KYB 3ways up front, Bilstein out back, Eibach Prokit, Spohn Adj. Torque Arm, Lakewood Subframe connectors, Edelbrock Strut Tower Brace, AeroMotive AFPR, Walbro 255lph, GTO K&N Cold Air, 3inch exhaust, flowmaster, 02 WS6 Seats, 17" 35th SSrims

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

The issue was originally posted almost 5 years ago... I assume that March has addressed the problem by now.

Black
    1993 Trans Am

I have had mine for years and it went right on and i was done in less than half an hour no problems. Lt1 though.

Thread Information