Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Navy Blue Metalic
    1999 Z28 Convertible

The pictures from the first post are long gone. Does anyone have them? If so, can you repost them? Thanks -

BTW - My clutch fluid looks sludge - thick and grey. The clutch will not disengage the transmission. I think it's time for a fluid change (and maybe a new clutch).

Also - question about the Mite Vac solution - is that just for getting air out of the line? I watched the video and read the writeups, and it looks like it will only get the air out - ie: cannot be used to change the fluid.

black
    1998 Trans Am WS6

excellent thread..i'm having the same problems as most of you.my pedal sticks after going through the gears at high rpms,mostly between 1st and 2nd,cant really get it up any higher since i have to pull the pedal up with my feet and pump it a few times before i get a pedal again.and when it does stick the clutch slips,so it seems to me like the slave is binding.i will be taking it apart within the next couple of days and will keep you posted
    Last edited by jasonblinn; 06-06-2010 at 09:20 AM.

black
    1998 Trans Am WS6

well looks like while i'm taking it apart to figure out the sticky clutch i'll have to take the motor out to replace it..something happened on the weekend and it seized up on me,cracked the block.anybody out there have 1 for sale?
    1998 Trans Am,WS6,6.0L LQ9,6 spd.,425 hp,475 ft/lbs of torque

Navy Blue Metalic
    1999 Z28 Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by jasonblinn View Post
    ...something happened on the weekend and it seized up on me,cracked the block.anybody out there have 1 for sale?
    That's a little casual - "Something happened...". An engine seizing is a pretty major event - cracking the block! Man -

Did you over rev the engine? Timing belt break?

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Timing belt break?
    Timing belt??? no timing belts on these motors

black
    1998 Trans Am WS6

yes something happened,i was driving down the road and it stopped on me.i took the valve cover and intake off and theres valve parts in the intake.mustve dropped a valve.this motor is suppose to have over 400 hp,i revved it up but not over 5500.think it could take that no prob.i just bought the friggen thing 2 weeks ago

Navy Blue Metalic
    1999 Z28 Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    Timing belt??? no timing belts on these motors
    timing Chain?

Navy Blue Metalic
    1999 Z28 Convertible

yes something happened,i was driving down the road and it stopped on me.i took the valve cover and intake off and theres valve parts in the intake.mustve dropped a valve.this motor is suppose to have over 400 hp,i revved it up but not over 5500.think it could take that no prob.i just bought the friggen thing 2 weeks ago
    Man that sucks! Sorry for your loss. Hop eyou have a daily driver to get around until you can decide on what you want to do with your car. On the bright side you have lots of options to choose from - crate engine, rebulit, stroker, etc

black
    1998 Trans Am WS6

ya it does suck big time.that was just a toy i had bought for the summer.i found 1 LS1 motor about 3 hours from here,for $2500,out of a 98 vette with 10,000 miles.but i dont know what to do just yet

long and strong Willfully Armed's Avatar

Black
    01 WS6 (stock)

5500 is not much. My redline has been changed to 6800 and Im still getting plenty of pull when it bounces the rev-limiter. I think these could pull well into 7200-7400 with the proper top end.

long and strong Willfully Armed's Avatar

Black
    01 WS6 (stock)

What about the silicone dot 5 fluid?

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by Willfully Armed View Post
    What about the silicone dot 5 fluid?
    I believe its not compatible...stay away

Black
    69 Camaro, 99 Camaro SS

I replaced the master cylinder worked great but now after some heat its getting shitty again I wrapped the line in heat tape what other things can I do cause its too close to the headers and its getting hot wrap the headers?? Do they sell a longer line to really route it? Just getting annoying

blue
    1999 TransAm

i'm having the "lazy pedal", issue (pedal sometimes comes up 1/3 way after being depressed to shift gears, and sticks), ...however, i am just doing granny driving (daily driving), so i'm not do the high rev shifts or being excessively hard on it.

for me, the lazy pedal seems to happen in the colder months of fall/winter.

i'm hoping i can fix this by just chaning the fluid like here: http://www.rangeracceleration.com/Clutch_Care.html

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by wileyCoyote View Post
    i'm having the "lazy pedal", issue (pedal sometimes comes up 1/3 way after being depressed to shift gears, and sticks), ...however, i am just doing granny driving (daily driving), so i'm not do the high rev shifts or being excessively hard on it.

for me, the lazy pedal seems to happen in the colder months of fall/winter.

i'm hoping i can fix this by just chaning the fluid like here: http://www.rangeracceleration.com/Clutch_Care.html
    Fresh clean fluid is a good place to start. You're on the right track.

BLACK
    2002 Z28

im so pist, i just said screw it. im gonna have the maste, slave AND clutch put in but for sure, i have neglected the fluid. thats all my fault.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

I discovered another source for possible clutch hydraulic problems. The master cylinder reservoir hose on my car was routed(from the factory) under the retainer clamp and was partially pinched off. That was causing me erratic operation and occasionally a sticky clutch pedal. I rerouted it up over the clamp(not shown)

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 (M6)

Thanks for all the tips. Tried everything and went for the new slave....and a new clutch, p plate and flywheel. Discovered broken ear on starter and evidence i am not the first to drop this tranny. Pilot bearing had to be drilled and chiseled out. Needed helicoils for the slave mount holes. U-joints shot. What a mess. Replaced rear main oil seal too.
    Working on getting the tranny back in...what a pain. Should be great when finished. Added LS6 clutch kit, proform high torque starter and Pro 5.0 shifter with lou's short stick.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

when in doubt...try everything. Yes the sticky clutch pedal has many possible origins and they all need to be looked at as possible sources of problems.

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 (M6)

Finally. Its done. Turns out the slave must have been weak. The Pro 5.0 shifter works nice. 2nd to 3rd is smooth and quick. The job took longer and was harder than expected. The torque arm install was a real pain! In the end it all worked out. Wife is happy with no sticking clutch pedal.

No time to focus on some other mods.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information