Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by LS1What
    Yeah wtf happened to this place, seriosuly? Back in 02 and 03 this place had car guys, now it "seems" like a bunch young guys with ls1's thinking they're gods fucking gift to the world. Did this place shut down for a while or what??
    well from what I heard from The Other website, something to do with the owners not agreeing with each other and some other arguements. I have been a member here since 2001.

Black
    1987 Grand National

Quote Originally Posted by cam02ss
    you could go cobra hunting just by putting a cam in the ls1. check out some of the vids on www.need2speed.com there are some bad ass cars in those videos, both LS1s and cobras. look for the names jaegermeister (cam only) and havoc (cam + sprayed)
    I definitely believe his kill because he has mods and a stock Cobra is not the fastest thing although quick. With a pulley change, they become real quick and with a KB blower, you will bust the cast pistons in an LS1 trying to beat them. I have seen many KB blown cobras running 10s quite easily.

I'm trying to help my friend find a 96-99 Z28 now. I'm trying to talk him into getting an 89 Turbo Trans Am but he wants an LT1 or LS1. Either works for me.

Black
    99 SS

then he can turbo his LS1 or LT1, lol

Black
    1987 Grand National

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner
    then he can turbo his LS1 or LT1, lol
    Alot more money than getting the Turbo Trans am. For what he is going to spend, I just dropped in a Fully built and girdled block, Lunati cam, P&P heads/intake and PT61 turbo. I'm still going to whip his ass either way. We will be adding something to his car once we have lined up once or twice.

5 ltr. beater
    Quote Originally Posted by LS1What
    Yeah wtf happened to this place, seriosuly? Back in 02 and 03 this place had car guys, now it "seems" like a bunch young guys with ls1's thinking they're gods fucking gift to the world. Did this place shut down for a while or what??
    Yeah, this website has gone down ever since it was rebuilt. I've been a member since 99 and the age group of the LS1's guys here seem to all be in the teenage years as opposed to all the older more "experienced" guys that used to be here a long time ago.
    The only thing i have to say about 03-04 cobras, is that i'm amazed how on this website, the average free modded LS1 can take on an 03-04 cobra. Or per say, the guys on this site always run into guys with Cobra's that can't drive.
    I have a fairly mean SS and i'm really scared of those cars. Almost came close to purchasing one but could'nt find the one I wanted, so i found an SS instead. I know most of you don't want to admit it, but the 03-04 cobra is THE muscle car of the future. No one wants to spend $60K on a 500hp Z06 when you can spend half of that and get the same results with a stang' and carry around 4 people at a time.
    And what's up with the foul language on this site? I mean i cuss alot, but it's like every other word is "I fucking beat this guy......" and then there's "that guy was an asshole...." etc etc.
    Jeez guys, we know we have fast cars, but the days of the LS1 coming 2nd to nothing are pretty much gone thanx to Ford and their forced induction cars. But you know what? we have plenty of aftermarket companies willing to help us out and make the LS1 a respectable motor once again!

Quote Originally Posted by 5 ltr. beater
    Yeah, this website has gone down ever since it was rebuilt. I've been a member since 99 and the age group of the LS1's guys here seem to all be in the teenage years as opposed to all the older more "experienced" guys that used to be here a long time ago.
    The only thing i have to say about 03-04 cobras, is that i'm amazed how on this website, the average free modded LS1 can take on an 03-04 cobra. Or per say, the guys on this site always run into guys with Cobra's that can't drive.
    I have a fairly mean SS and i'm really scared of those cars. Almost came close to purchasing one but could'nt find the one I wanted, so i found an SS instead. I know most of you don't want to admit it, but the 03-04 cobra is THE muscle car of the future. No one wants to spend $60K on a 500hp Z06 when you can spend half of that and get the same results with a stang' and carry around 4 people at a time.
    And what's up with the foul language on this site? I mean i cuss alot, but it's like every other word is "I fucking beat this guy......" and then there's "that guy was an asshole...." etc etc.
    Jeez guys, we know we have fast cars, but the days of the LS1 coming 2nd to nothing are pretty much gone thanx to Ford and their forced induction cars. But you know what? we have plenty of aftermarket companies willing to help us out and make the LS1 a respectable motor once again!
    good post. The cobras are sweet, I wish they were a few 100 pounds lighter though.

Black
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

I've beaten a couple terminator cobra's....from a dig. I also got ass raped by one running from a roll.....just depends man, anything can happen in a street race....
    2001 Trans Am WS6 #4925 built/tuned by CMS

Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 01black
    I've beaten a couple terminator cobra's....from a dig. I also got ass raped by one running from a roll.....just depends man, anything can happen in a street race....
    Even from a highway roll, driver can still make all the difference. I raced a convertable '03 from about an 80 mph roll. The guy driving is a friend of ours driving his father-in-laws car. We're sure he didn't drop below 4th gear for the run because I walked out about 5 cars on him when I showed him 3rd gear.

Not that I'm saying its a slow car. I would loved to have gotten a real run from him to see how I would fare. I'm ok with a supercharged car getting the best of me. Thats just more reason to mod!

Hammer

Black SVT & Silver WS6
    2003 SVT Cobra & 2002 WS6

i just wanna say you've all got very good points.. but if you look up at the top of this web page... it says "LS1.com.... GM Performance Information..." it doesn’t say Ford.. SVT.. Mustang.. or Cobra.. so why must every percker head mustang driver come in here and act all bad...? its not like they are here to size up the competition or any of that.... the facts are they shoot their mouth off… and i'd just like to know why? does it make you feel like somebody? or wtf?

5 ltr. beater
    Quote Originally Posted by 01black

.............and on that note, my friend in an 02 A4 Z28 with just a lid and catback was heads up in the high end with a stock 04 Cobra just 2 days ago!!! I didn't believe it untill i met the guy with the Cobra and he confirmed it himself. I'm like WTF!!!! I said to myself, "this guy can't drive for $hit!"

Red
    '85 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Corona-Extra
    i just wanna say you've all got very good points.. but if you look up at the top of this web page... it says "LS1.com.... GM Performance Information..." it doesn’t say Ford.. SVT.. Mustang.. or Cobra.. so why must every percker head mustang driver come in here and act all bad...? its not like they are here to size up the competition or any of that.... the facts are they shoot their mouth off… and i'd just like to know why? does it make you feel like somebody? or wtf?
    I'm just a car enthusiast. I don't like to listen to bullshit and will correct someone if I feel fit... I don't go "looking bad" and running of my mouth. Can you show me where I have?

Thread Information