Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    doesn'tplaywellwithothers superchargedblackgto's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by blackz-lt1 View Post
    from what im told its true....however you have to look at "your sig" lol...the mods are pretty impressive and your also a m6...i guess since im auto im supposed to be good for low 11's...i heard m6's are good till high 11's or soo...but with your mods your prob a llllitttle bit better than that,lol
    This is true, and you should be fine, however, I would @ least do the Harrop cover, for wheel hop, I no longer have wheel hop @ all, due to drive shaft, and cover.......maybe axel stubs, and half-shafts helped too....but you cannot "throw whatever you want @ it".........Voice of experience talking

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superchargedblackgto View Post
    This is true, and you should be fine, however, I would @ least do the Harrop cover, for wheel hop, I no longer have wheel hop @ all, due to drive shaft, and cover.......maybe axel stubs, and half-shafts helped too....but you cannot "throw whatever you want @ it".........Voice of experience talking
    yeah your prob right...well i hope it can at least take full bolt ons with dr's,lol for now..soo that harrop cover really is an improvement, huh?
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

doesn'tplaywellwithothers superchargedblackgto's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

yeah your prob right...well i hope it can at least take full bolt ons with dr's,lol for now..soo that harrop cover really is an improvement, huh?
    Yes it is, the 2piece drive shaft.....is poor and the diff, cradle is of poor design as well.......if you put on DR you will probably have wheel hop....if you don't notice it now with those you probably will, the harrop cover has better bracing.

Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar

teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

i'm so bored and it is 5am on my deployment. Even though the weird most likely fake berger owning guy said, NOS is a ricer term, plus it is a brand. N20 or nitrous is fine, but ricers use the word NOS. CAM02ss is right.
    But none the less i can't wait to see the results of this race, i was originally going with a nitrous fed 408 hell i was even looking at the a 418 but opted when tt stock cubes. So i am curious to see how this turns out.

Looks like it will be his Merkel built 408 with a "baby turbo" as he puts it against my nitrous fed 408. From talking to him he seems like a decent guy but we'll see. Nothing can happen until I have the 12 bolt fixed..which should be by the end of this week.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Nitrous vs. turbo, gonna be a classic!

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

Track or street? If its the street it will be a spin fest. Definately goint to want to see this outcome.

TH400 goes in at the end of next week.

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

sounds like its going to be a good race, make sure u've got it on video.
    btw i doubt that guy is pushing that much power, a 10 bolt!? give me a break... no one in their right mind would keep a STOCK 10 bolt on a car built to push that kinda power, that would be one of the first things to go.

sorry i always jump on your threads

Nah it's cool. We Pmed each other today and he does seem cool. He admitted to inflating his numbers to alot of people and from what he told me, he makes 525 to the tires.

black, and black
    04 M6

10 bolt

may not be a stock 10 bolt u just never know

Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar

teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

well as for the 10 bolt, if he is putting 525 to the wheel it should be fine if it has survived that long.
    I know a couple guys here in socal that put 550 and 650whp 700wtq on Nitrous and turbo one 650whp 650wtq on stock 10 bolts. I am amazed those things are not in pieces and they take them to the strip the first and A4 and the 2nd an M6. Well i think they both have girdles so that makes them not stock............hmmmm

10bolts are like a box of chocolates...................................you get the point.
    Last edited by zero_proto; 06-24-2007 at 04:37 PM.

primer
    93 GEO *limited edition*

Quote Originally Posted by cam02ss View Post
    TH400 goes in at the end of next week.
    this race go down yet?

Not yet, still don't have my car back. We had to order another set of gears because the pinion bearing sized up in the set that was just installed so now we're waiting on the new gears.

Yellow Jacket
    2004 Pontiac GTO

actually theY did you dumbass, they called it nitro....and seriously you can say all the shit you want but when you come up to someone on the street and they blow your doors off...guess what, they still won....and at the track guess what, they'll still have faster times....n20 is one of the most effective performance mods you can do....i would like to see you go tell all the nhra guys or the funny cars that there pussy's for using n20...they'll laugh in your face...and nitrous is a ricer thing?? huh?? yeah maybe if you have seen f &f one too many times...people have been using n20 for decades before that pos movie ever came out

Uh, scooter, lets set the record straight.

NHRA Funny cars do NOT use Nitrous Oxide. They use Nitromethane and methanol.

NHRA Pro Classes (Pro Stock, Pro Stock Truck, Pro Stock Bike) do not use Nitromethane. These are normally aspirated engines running on carbs and gasoline. They have CID limits and weight limits. Vehicles must gauge to a template as well if I remember correctly.

Sportsman classes in NHRA do use Nitrous oxide.

IHRA is a different story. This is where you see "garden hose" nitrous systems, normally aspirated engines running on Nitro Meth and all sorts of other sick and demented ways of shoving horsepower down a butterfly's throat.

Nitromethane is different from Nitrous oxide. It is an accelerant where's nitrous is an oxidizer and "density intensifier" (my little fancy term).

Chemistry and physics are a bit different between the two.

What they do share in common is that they both deliver chemical oxygen to the combustion chamber.

N02 is 33% by volume
    Nitrometh is about 56% by volume

If you ever watch top fuel, you'll notice that the car is started on one fuel and then switched to another. Nitro meth is so violent that if you attempt to start the vehicle with it, it'll more than likely "sneeze" the blower.

You start a nitro engine on alky, then gradually introduce the good stuff before making a pass. You'll see this on TV because the exhaust tone will become very distinctive when the fuel system makes the transition.

Not trying to be a dick, just being "edumacational"
    Last edited by nesikachad; 07-13-2007 at 11:25 AM.

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

I got the winner......

Quote Originally Posted by cailey37 View Post
    I got the winner......
    I'd be up for a run with you if we were closer. You blown ,turbo or sprayed?

red
    2000 trans am ws.6

Wink

so what happened to the "NOS is for pussies" guy???? id point him in the direction of a ton of pussies that would be more than glad to hand em his ass. i swear, people like that allways claim bottles are for babies yet they're the ones allways cryin.

ill give ya a race Will....
    2000 WS.6 Trans am M6
    402 W/APS Twin turbos for support...
    1999 Firebird Formula Hardtop M6
    www.cardomain.com/id/twinturboramair

Quote Originally Posted by TNTramair View Post
    so what happened to the "NOS is for pussies" guy???? id point him in the direction of a ton of pussies that would be more than glad to hand em his ass. i swear, people like that allways claim bottles are for babies yet they're the ones allways cryin.

ill give ya a race Will....
    Haha what's up rick? How close is your car to being finished? I was out Saturday night but didn't see any sign of the guy or his TA. I'm going to be headed down to West chester next weekend I think. Who said "NOS is for pussies"? I forget??

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

He went to buy a nitrous kit.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information