Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

who else is tired of seeing

Fake GT500's. I see probably one a week. I am talking about GT500 badges and the whole nine.

98T/Aformula
    Whats the difference from all of the ppl putting the ram air hood on there T/A trying to pull off a WS6 ? Its kinda stupid there putting fake badges on there ride but its there car and whatever makes them happy so be it, its kinda ricer status all the way around with both cars doing so but o well...

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

i saw a real gt500 this weekend.......i got to look at the vin plate.....it was supercharged.......this was a 65 shelby
    Last edited by astyles; 06-14-2007 at 10:38 AM.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 98T/Aformula View Post
    Whats the difference from all of the ppl putting the ram air hood on there T/A trying to pull off a WS6 ? Its kinda stupid there putting fake badges on there ride but its there car and whatever makes them happy so be it, its kinda ricer status all the way around with both cars doing so but o well...
    wrong. the ws6 hood is put on either for looks or actual ram air function.
    either way, its only a slight difference unlike the gt500. if u put on a ram air hood, u have ram air, and u basically have a ws6.

a fake gt500 is fake unless they copy all the body parts AND the engine set up.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    wrong. the ws6 hood is put on either for looks or actual ram air function.
    either way, its only a slight difference unlike the gt500. if u put on a ram air hood, u have ram air, and u basically have a ws6.

a fake gt500 is fake unless they copy all the body parts AND the engine set up.
    Very different putting a raim air hood isn't trying to be a WS6. BTW a TA vs WS6 TA is almost identical in performance. That is a style choice, no posing. Unless they are dumb enough to put a WS6 badge on their car.)

A GT posing to be a GT500 is much more ridiculous.

If you want to change to front facia, and put some stripes on it that is cool, but to put the GT500 stripe on the bottom of the rocker is just dumb.

That is as dumb as me putting Z06 badges on my WS6.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

after doing some picture research-- the "copy-cat" GT500 i thought I saw yesterday, looks identical to the 2008 drop top GT500. even down to the hood pins.

So I don't know what I saw. I doubt very seriously that this is a real deal, but I could be misstaken.

the 08 front end looks completely different than the 07 version.

(I like the 07 better)

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../70612005/1065 <--- 08

after review again --- This isn't the GT500. it is some other Shelby GT model that ford is offering. that costs about 9k more than a GT. But this review says it shouldnt come out till Aug 07 .. So I am confused.

I live in a po-dunk little town, and there is no way an early release car/ prototype would be in this area.

So I am guessing this is probably a copy cat of the new one. I just dont know ... pulling hair out..
    Last edited by jrc1122; 06-14-2007 at 10:09 AM.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
    Very different putting a raim air hood isn't trying to be a WS6. BTW a TA vs WS6 TA is almost identical in performance. That is a style choice, no posing. Unless they are dumb enough to put a WS6 badge on their car.)

A GT posing to be a GT500 is much more ridiculous.

If you want to change to front facia, and put some stripes on it that is cool, but to put the GT500 stripe on the bottom of the rocker is just dumb.

That is as dumb as me putting Z06 badges on my WS6.
    exactly what i was tryin to say. perfect way to put it man

2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

Yeah the Shelby GT says GT on the fender, and has a fake scoop riveted to the hood. it looks just like a Hertz rental Mustang GT-H, except the GT-H has a spoiler and no scoop, and the Sheby GT has no spoiler and a scoop. They both have the Ford Racing Performance catalog's power pack that adds another 20 or so horsepower. Nothing to write home about in terms of power, but they are a bit more responsive than the base GT, both in acceleration and in handling, and add a little more visual impact plus the Shelby name. The GT500 has all that power (500 hp, 480 lb/ft), but weighs 3900 pounds empty cuz that 330-inch iron lump under the hood, while the GT retains the standard aluminum 4.6. Personally, if I desperately wanted a new Shelby car, I would get the GT, and fix the power problem with an STS twin turbo kit, retaining all the good handling characteristics of the 3500 lb. (+/-) Shelby GT while adding GT500-beating power, and still having the same great looks. And the total price tag, even including the drivetrain upgrades necessary to take the power, still wouldn't be that much more than the Shelby GT500 anyway, if it cost more at all. Of course, GM is my first choice!!!
    Last edited by RJWZ28; 07-18-2007 at 06:17 AM.

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by 02ultraZ View Post

You dug up this old thread- to just say that?

Black
    2000 TA

I run a ram air hood and its functional. but I dont run a WS6 badge.

See, that's the way to do it. I refuse to put any SS badging on my Z and people are like"why don't you make it an SS" and I look at 'em like they just suggested that I should get breast implants (I'm a guy) and I tell them "Because it isn't an SS." Why be a poser?

green
    95 firebird

I saw a 2005ish mustang that had Boss 302 graphics but instead of 302 it had 245 (I think that's the C.I. for the V6). So yea, not only an imitation, but an imitation of a model that never existed.

Electron Blue
    2001 Camaro Berger SS

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by astyles View Post
    i saw a real gt500 this weekend.......i got to look at the vin plate.....it was supercharged.......this was a 65 shelby

CAMARO. TRANS AM.
    TWO CARS, ONE MISSION............
    D O M I N A N C E !

I just saw an add in the newspaper for a local Ford dealer selling a new GT500 hardtop. They had it originally priced at $69,995, now on sale for
    $59,995. The manufacturer's suggested retail price is only $41,930!!! What the heck is that, a 66% "finder's fee" in addition to the standard dealer profit of about 15%?!?! And then they drop the price down to "only" $59,995 so that it looks like a deal, despite the 43% mark-up on the suggested price! Let's use are brains for a change!!! Hey, let's take this super-stang that totally kicks butt but can't beat a standard Corvette, and tack nearly thirty grand on the price so that it costs the same as a Z06, which would totally clean the Mustang's clock even if the Vette launched in second gear. That's a great business plan! The sad thing is, people see the Shelby name and they lose brain cells; that jackhole with the dealership probably was selling some of those cars for that ridiculous price. The fact that he dropped the price indicates, however, that the people weren't quite as dumb as he thought they would be, but I still hope nobody buys them. $60,000+ on a brand new, bone stock MUSTANG!?!?! Give me a break!!!

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

Quote Originally Posted by RJWZ28 View Post
    I just saw an add in the newspaper for a local Ford dealer selling a new GT500 hardtop. They had it originally priced at $69,995, now on sale for
    $59,995. The manufacturer's suggested retail price is only $41,930!!! What the heck is that, a 66% "finder's fee" in addition to the standard dealer profit of about 15%?!?! And then they drop the price down to "only" $59,995 so that it looks like a deal, despite the 43% mark-up on the suggested price! Let's use are brains for a change!!! Hey, let's take this super-stang that totally kicks butt but can't beat a standard Corvette, and tack nearly thirty grand on the price so that it costs the same as a Z06, which would totally clean the Mustang's clock even if the Vette launched in second gear. That's a great business plan! The sad thing is, people see the Shelby name and they lose brain cells; that jackhole with the dealership probably was selling some of those cars for that ridiculous price. The fact that he dropped the price indicates, however, that the people weren't quite as dumb as he thought they would be, but I still hope nobody buys them. $60,000+ on a brand new, bone stock MUSTANG!?!?! Give me a break!!!
    Ya, the dealer near me has them priced at $66,000 with a $22,000 denver area demand mark up. Guess I wont be buyin a ford in the near future. The new zo6 is almost that much and has much better reviews, and speed.

Blue/silver
    2004 Dodge Ram 1500

a guy in my town just bought a Shelby GT 550, it is an amazing car. I would have loved to ride in that. I hate that guy though cuz hes rich and also has a brand new Z06.

a guy in my town just bought a Shelby GT 550
    You just made that car up, right? He didn't actually tell you his car was a GT550 did he??? Please tell me that was a typo.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

550 is the uhh... horsepower rating.. mmm hmm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information